Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Did allah tell you this? Besides, Turbo nor yourself is a brother...you and he have rejected the word of Christ. You yourself twist and distort His word..and lead people astray. I am not the one who will condemn Turbo. Saying that he has an evil heart, is an observation. Sorry that you do not like it my observations. I will look for scripture to back up what I have said, but I am sure YOU know where I can find it
Yeah, it came from his book the bible. Did you miss the reference to the book of James? Ok, we may not be brothers, check out verse 12. you know damn good and well I could care less what you think about his heart, nor was that what the post was in reference to. Another opportunity for you to sidestep something, show me where I've distorted someone's Word. Yeah, if you need advice on bible studying, let me know. I can give you plenty of places to look.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Hitched_Gibson
The FACT is that YOU made the JUDGEMENT.
Matthew 7:15-20
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Today it seems the most often quoted Bible verse is Matthew 7:1, “Judge not, that ye be not judged." Some use it without realizing its true meaning and others, Non Christians, use it to avoid accountability. Hypocrites for example would use it to avoid being challenged in their wrong doing.
Matthew 7:16
16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
John 7:24
24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.
Hebrews 5:14
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Christians can discern both good and evil which according to the Bible is a legitimate judgment.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Suspended
Yeah, it came from his book the bible. Did you miss the reference to the book of James? Ok, we may not be brothers, check out verse 12. you know damn good and well I could care less what you think about his heart, nor was that what the post was in reference to. Another opportunity for you to sidestep something, show me where I've distorted someone's Word. Yeah, if you need advice on bible studying, let me know. I can give you plenty of places to look.
Matt 7:15
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Christians can discern both good and evil which according to the Bible is a legitimate judgment.
Good job on the one valid argument, we'll forget how irrelevant it is. I'm proud you for discerning good from evil. Now explain where is says you can judge saomeone's life and discern whether they go to hell.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Suspended
Good job on the one valid argument, we'll forget how irrelevant it is. I'm proud you for discerning good from evil. Now explain where is says you can judge saomeone's life and discern whether they go to hell.
We both know that it is very simple...Accept Christ. He says so many times, and I need not show you for you already know where the scripture is. You have chosen to deny it, and seek other ways. You have the right to choose. That is what makes you so dangerous. Yes dangerous. Dangerous because of your knowledge and uncanny ability to twist. Deep down, you know this to be true.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Suspended

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

There is your answer...

Old 02-05-2008, 02:16 PM
We both know that it is very simple...Accept Christ. He says so many times, and I need not show you for you already know where the scripture is. You have chosen to deny it, and seek other ways. You have the right to choose. That is what makes you so dangerous. Yes dangerous. Dangerous because of your knowledge and uncanny ability to twist. Deep down, you know this to be true.
I'll go ahead and call bull**** on the twisting call. Do you really think I'm going to throw out Matthew Henry's commentary along with the verse in order to twist something? Have you even heard of Matthew Henry? This is not some random, let-me-find-something post. As far as what he said, who gave it authority. the Greeks collected a bunch of stories about gods and everyone thought it was acceptable for a while. I'm quite sure I'm not going to follow a book that "quotes" a man almost 100 years after his death by, maybe, secondhand accounts, then revised in political forums over the centuries. Oh yeah, even if all those factors weren't there, who says he had the authority besides him?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:19 PM

There is your answer...
Ok, condeming to hell is not based on fruits though. It's based on whether you accept the late JC, so says you. So, again, you can see what kind of person he is by his fruits, and that's it. Are you so much above the law that you can take Gods place and pass judgement on anyone?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
***NEWS FLASH***
I just wrote a book. The Gospel according to me Chapter 23 verse FU says,
"If you shake my hand, I'll get you into heaven"
My book says it, so you better do it. C'mon, have faith that I'm real and and just imagine shaking my hand. Ok, You're good, You're good, FU Stealth, and you're good.
HG, I love you.

That should **** you off.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Suspended
I'll go ahead and call bull**** on the twisting call. Do you really think I'm going to throw out Matthew Henry's commentary along with the verse in order to twist something?
Yes I do. Are you denying that you want to disprove the bible? Are you denying that you are trying to disprove the word...yet guide me as to the meaning of the word?

Have you even heard of Matthew Henry? This is not some random, let-me-find-something post. As far as what he said, who gave it authority. the Greeks collected a bunch of stories about gods and everyone thought it was acceptable for a while. I'm quite sure I'm not going to follow a book that "quotes" a man almost 100 years after his death by, maybe, secondhand accounts, then revised in political forums over the centuries. Oh yeah, even if all those factors weren't there, who says he had the authority besides him?
I never said Mr.Henry was an authority...your the one that quoted him. Not sure whose authority Mr.Henry spoke, but I know upon whose Christ spoke...

John 14:10
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

Why are you getting so upset?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Suspended
Ok, condeming to hell is not based on fruits though. It's based on whether you accept the late JC, so says you. So, again, you can see what kind of person he is by his fruits, and that's it. Are you so much above the law that you can take Gods place and pass judgement on anyone?
How can one use something as proof when they have no belief in what they are citing?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Suspended
***NEWS FLASH***
I just wrote a book. The Gospel according to me Chapter 23 verse FU says,
"If you shake my hand, I'll get you into heaven"
My book says it, so you better do it. C'mon, have faith that I'm real and and just imagine shaking my hand. Ok, You're good, You're good, FU Stealth, and you're good.
Does your book come in paperback, or is it still in hardback?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Yes I do. Are you denying that you want to disprove the bible? Are you denying that you are trying to disprove the word...yet guide me as to the meaning of the word?
It's not that I want to, It's just so easy to doubt it. And yes, I'll use Mr Henry to show you what the bible says.

[QUOTE=Shinesintx]I never said Mr.Henry was an authority...your the one that quoted him. Not sure whose authority Mr.Henry spoke, but I know upon whose Christ spoke...QUOTE]

My "him" refers to JC.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Does your book come in paperback, or is it still in hardback?
Oh no, I stareted it off in leatherback, with gold edges.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:37 PM
How can one use something as proof when they have no belief in what they are citing?
Because it's about the only thing some people understand. If you're gonna use the thing, at least know what you're talking about. Now go back and tell me whether you get to heaven by accepting or by making fruit.

Quick Reply: Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.