Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 02:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Man, this coca cola guy knows everything.

I once worked with a 25 year old guy who had 40 years experience at everything.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth

I should start a thread titled..."Whats better? Coke or Pepsi?"

I will give ya 2-1 odds on what the Cola guy chooses

Old 02-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by Stealth

Are you sure it wasn't Shine?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by c0ckac0la
I don't think so, but anything is possible with God.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by c0ckac0la
That's it? You couldn't think about it for a while? Cmon rooster with carbonated beverage guy. More witt...

Come to think of it...That is your new Indian name..."Rooster with Carbonated Beverage" I will be "Groundhog who burrows beneath skin."

Old 02-05-2008, 04:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wild Bill
Ok, what about dark matter? Does it exist or does it not exist? Do you think it is real? You can't see it or prove the actuality of it existing. But then why do scientists think it exists? Using your logic they shouldn't.
Bill,
Many aspects of dark matter are still in the theory stages.
Scientists are still learning, speculating and figuring out new ways to test their theories with regards to dark matter.

There are many unknowns about this subject and more research, testing and ways to measure are constantly being studied.

From what I've read on the subject, a lot of it is still in the theory stage.
I don't recall anyone making concrete statements about the subject, nor a peer review verifying their findings.

I don't see how this example has anything to do with the statement I made about me defining what exists as something that actually exists.

Yes, scientists "think" it exists and they are constantly working on their theory so that one day their findings "may" be verifiable and reproducible by other scientists.
If you had the decency to present your beliefs in God the same way, this entire argument would be over.

I don't recall reading any scientists claiming they have unconditional proof of the existence of dark matter.

I think what you're doing is grasping at straws and using a red herring as an attempt to white wash what I've said.

I'll say it again:

I define real by what exists.
I never claimed Dark Matter exists. Science is working on a theory about dark matter, theory and fact are 2 different things.
I don't see your point.

Believe me, when the subject has been studied and all the tests have been run, and all the theories have been validated, we will all know, it will be news.

That's the thing about science, it doesn't attempt to validate anything by merely saying:
"you gotta have faith, don't worry about the tests, trust me"

The reason you religious guys are so anti-science is because it goes against everything you say and everything you believe.

There's not a shred of scientific data that suggests God exists, that prayer works and that anything you believe is true.
Not a shred, a wafer, a trace amount, nothing.
Zilch, ZERO, NADA.

This entire argument would be completely eliminated if you guys said
"Look, we "hope" God exists, we "want" God to exist, and say that you don't know for sure. If you say it like that, there's no more argument.
The reality is, you don't know because you can't know. If you knew, everyone would know, and it wouldn't be a secret anymore, a secret shared only by the Christians of the world, but nobody else.

I've said this 100 times, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true, and just because you believe something to be true, doesn't make it so, even if you wish "really really hard"

I believe I'm a good looking guy, and I believe I could be the next Brad Pitt, but the reality is that I have a severe case of denial, and the rest of the world knows I'm not really that good looking, get it?

I don't blame you guys for getting kind of agitated, grasping at straws and trying to murky the waters, because that's really all you've got.
You don't have any proof, you've got nothing except for the bible you cling to ever so tightly, and the beliefs of the people who taught you what it is you believe.

As far as you guys with the tired old argument of "prove to me God doesn't exists", it doesn't work that way.
You know it, I know it, and everyone knows it. You make a claim? You provide the evidence.
I know you don't have to, but if you want to be taken seriously, then that's the way it works.
That has got to be the biggest cop-out of the entire religious debate, it's like trying to argue with a 6 year old.

"Prove God doesn't exist"

Please stop the nonsense already and present your facts.
Do I think it's possible for an outside observer to exist? Sure, I also think it's possible for giant pink elephants flying around on other planets, I give both possibilities the same chance, but until something is proven to exists, by default it doesn't exist.

... and Lariat, what does the Wright brothers have to do with God?
They believed they could fly, and they figured out the aerodynamics required in order to make flight possible.
Are you suggesting that this and believing in God are the same?

The Wrights used physics, their understanding of aerodynamics and a physical airplane to achieve flight, what does that have to do with proving a non-existent deity into existence?
If those beliefs give you comfort that your after-life will be great, than awesome.

I believe in life *before* death, and I don't believe in some spooky place existing in some spiritual realm where people "who think", are punished for eternity, its just laughable to me. But, I realize that you actually believe that, which is fine.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
No, but I see that you have an EVIL heart...and I am having the best time getting under your skin. You are full of hate, and it makes toying with you that much more fun. I know you without ever having to meet you in person. That which you cannot verbalize...you use your fist instead, sometimes maybe even weapons. I bet in High School you were one mean mother. Preying on all the weaker kids...At the present, anyone with different color skin should stay clear of you. One day, one day you shall reap what you have sown. The AHX was one of the sickest comments I have ever heard anyone say in this forum. You have appearanty rejected he Holy Spirt, and your soul is LOST. Best wishes to ya, and have a nice day!
Glad to see you know me so well Shines. Glad to see you can sleep well passing judgment on ppl "in the name of God".

Where'd Turbo go?
It's called 'bed'. Some of us have to sleep, in order to be rested for 'work'. All my worldly possesions were not just 'willed' to me, and I don't know of a 'God' who will stock my pantry in order to feed my 3yo.
That, and I'm what, 2hrs ahead of you?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Isn't part of Christianity being nice to your fellow man? What I see here consistently is alot of bashing. You guys should practice what you preach and maybe people will start taking you a little more seriously.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 AM
***NEWS FLASH***
I just wrote a book. The Gospel according to me Chapter 23 verse FU says,
"If you shake my hand, I'll get you into heaven"
My book says it, so you better do it. C'mon, have faith that I'm real and and just imagine shaking my hand. Ok, You're good, You're good, FU Stealth, and you're good.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Turbo77
Glad to see you know me so well Shines. Glad to see you can sleep well passing judgment on ppl "in the name of God". :
I LOVE how Non-Christians love to throw the JUDGEMENT issue into our faces. What THEY fail to realize...Is that there are two types.

1) Christ will judge each and everyone of upon our deaths...he will make His decision on whether He knows us.

2) The other type of judgement is "Calling a spade a spade." For example...it is a fact that Turbo has an evil heart. He made a comment earlier that said:

Oh, and just for the record, I love toying with illegals. I like playing a lil game with them that I picked up from Ed Norton in A.H.X.
For the record. Telling someone that they will burn in Hell if they reject Christ and His word, is not a judgement, but a fact. One can cry foul and say that it is not fact; and point fingers at fellow Christians while claiming that are being judgmental. BOOHOO. If ya dont believe that HE exists, why do ya care where we think you are going.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:27 AM
BOOHOO. If ya dont believe that HE exists, why do ya care where we think you are going.
Because it shows how much of a hypocrite some of you can be. You want us to adhere to some book that you pick and choose from. You might want ot invest in a commentary to study what you are reading.
Originally Posted by James4:11-12
Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
Originally Posted by Matthew Henry
Let us take heed of judging the law, for the law of the Lord is perfect; if men break the law, leave that to judge them; if they do not break it, let us not judge them.’’ This is a heinous evil, because it is to forget our place, that we ought to be doers of the law, and it is to set up ourselves above it, as if we were to be judges of it. He who is guilty of the sin here cautioned against is not a doer of the law, but a judge; he assumes an office and a place that do not belong to him, and he will be sure to suffer for his presumption in the end. Those who are most ready to set up for judges of the law generally fail most in their obedience to it. 3. Because God, the Lawgiver, has reserved the power of passing the final sentence on men wholly to himself: There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save, and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another? v. 12. Princes and states are not excluded, by what is here said, from making laws; nor are subjects at all encouraged to disobey human laws; but God is still to be acknowledged as the supreme Lawgiver, who only can give law to the conscience, and who alone is to be absolutely obeyed. His right to enact laws is incontestable, because he has such a power to enforce them. He is able to save, and to destroy, so as no other can. He has power fully to reward the observance of his laws, and to punish all disobedience; he can save the soul, and make it happy for ever, or he can, after he has killed, cast into hell; and therefore should be feared and obeyed as the great Lawgiver, and all judgment should be committed to him. Since there is one Lawgiver, we may infer that it is not for any man or company of men in the world to pretend to give laws immediately to bind conscience; for that is God’s prerogative, which must not be invaded.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:28 AM
For the record. Telling someone that they will burn in Hell if they reject Christ and His word, is not a judgement, but a fact.
The FACT is that YOU made the JUDGEMENT.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by s2krn
Here's a good question... Who is in trouble more if they are ultimately wrong about their beliefs? Those who believe in God or those who do not? I know which boat I want to be in. If "believers" are wrong who will they have to answer to in the end? If the "non believers" are wrong...... then BOY ARE THEY WRONG!! Just a thought.
Didn't Tom Cruise just say something similar to this?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Habibi,
I am not grasping at straws and I am not anti-science. Why are you even making such a statement when you don't even know me? Where did I ever say I was anti-science? That's the problem when you formulate an opinion and make uninformed blanket statements. Do you really think if someone is religious it automatically makes them anti-science and vice-versa?

My whole point with dark matter is that it is something that cannot be proven to exist, at least currently, without using data from other things that other people (scientists) have seen and are believed to be true (kind of like in the bible - things other people have seen and are believed to be true). Such as the missing mass problem, the gravitational forces of other planets and galaxies, etc. Yes, you never claimed dark matter exists, You claimed your believe in science. Many scientists think dark matter exists. Are you a scientist? Have you studied and seen these indications yourself? Or are you going by what other people have written down and recorded? (Oh yeah, "From what I've read on the subject...", one can read the bible and say the same thing, "from what I've read on the subject...") Do you think dark matter exists? If you do, then you can't be sure, because as you've stated there isn't any unconditional proof. If you don't believe dark matter exists, then what do you believe is there? Something? Nothing? What about the missing mass problem and gravitational forces which indicate the existence of dark matter? Or are the beliefs of mass and gravity wrong? How can they be wrong if it is something we experience every day?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Hitched_Gibson
The FACT is that YOU made the JUDGEMENT.
Did allah tell you this? Besides, Turbo nor yourself is a brother...you and he have rejected the word of Christ. You yourself twist and distort His word..and lead people astray. I am not the one who will condemn Turbo. Saying that he has an evil heart, is an observation. Sorry that you do not like it my observations. I will look for scripture to back up what I have said, but I am sure YOU know where I can find it

Quick Reply: Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.