Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EnglishAdam
Of course I can take a joke, hence my Bible reference and smiley.

It takes a lot more to offend me than questioning my intelligence.
Likewise. I tend to take the water off a duck's back approach to life.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could even smell the booze on his breath.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
I could even smell the booze on his breath.
The kid with a helmet on and socks on his hands is back!!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Santa made fun of my helmet just before pinching my ***.... the dirty ole coot!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hitched_Gibson
Ok, I guess you still didn't read the question. this is not about me or you believeing or otherwise. It was, explain to me how you discount Quran and take some things from the bible. nothing more.
This is the easiest question I'll answer all day. I don't believe in Allah! There you have it. Of all the higher beings there may be... I'd put less than .0000001% that it's Allah... I'm a gambling man and taking my chances on this one!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:09 PM
One piece of advice from Santa that I'll always remember........ always make sure your helmet and drool bib are on before entering threads like this.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by s2krn
This is the easiest question I'll answer all day. I don't believe in Allah! There you have it. Of all the higher beings there may be... I'd put less than .0000001% that it's Allah... I'm a gambling man and taking my chances on this one!
Do you know how to say God in Arabic? I'm gonna gamble and say you don't. Allah is the Arabic name for God. One God who made the heavens and the earth. The one who put Jesus in Mary's belly. A little research would save a little face. I gotta go save the world now. I'll catch up before I leave work.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't believe God wants a Jihad. Call me crazy. I'd rather be a believer and find out other wise than vice versa. I will never say you have to be Jewish, or baptist, or pentacostal, or catholic to go to heaven. I don't even think you have to believe in Buddha, or God, or whatever. I just think you have to live a good life, help others, and be a good person. I think you have to believe in a higher power; what that higher power is will be your choice. I don't believe a "higher power" wished violence on another group of people bc they are the "chosen" ones.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't believe God wants a Jihad. Call me crazy. I'd rather be a believer and find out other wise than vice versa. I will never say you have to be Jewish, or baptist, or pentacostal, or catholic to go to heaven. I don't even think you have to believe in Buddha, or God, or whatever. I just think you have to live a good life, help others, and be a good person. I think you have to believe in a higher power; what that higher power is will be your choice. I don't believe a "higher power" wished violence on another group of people bc they are the "chosen" ones.
I see, we're back to taking the actions of some and generalizing the rest. Like all teh murderers that live in Oregon. Go Jimmy Swaggert.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Hitched_Gibson
I see, we're back to taking the actions of some and generalizing the rest. Like all teh murderers that live in Oregon. Go Jimmy Swaggert.
I thought you were going to save the world? It sure didn't take long. I'm sure you don't take the actions of some or generalize anything at all. Do you have the exact same feelings as all other agnostics or atheists ( can't remember which you fall in)? I didn't realize agnosticism was so black and white. How were we all created again in your view? Whatever your answer is I'm sure there are others who agree with your dis belief in God but don't agree with your anwer.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:54 PM
I thought you were going to save the world? It sure didn't take long. I'm sure you don't take the actions of some or generalize anything at all. Do you have the exact same feelings as all other agnostics or atheists ( can't remember which you fall in)? I didn't realize agnosticism was so black and white. How were we all created again in your view? Whatever your answer is I'm sure there are others who agree with your dis belief in God but don't agree with your anwer.
Haha. It does take time, but we have a computer in teh other lab. I'm working on Biodefense research.
I really try not to generalize. I wouldn't say I have a category. In my view God created us. And there is one God. That's me in a nutshell.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Originally Posted by Habibi
Hi Shiney, happy new year man!

For the record, I don't hate Jesus, you, or anyone else who I have some great arguments with. Yes sometimes they are heated and charged, but I only try to attack the argument, not the person behind them.

I have some examples for you:

** Holy Rollers on Television

How many times have you seen the evangelicals on television promising entry to Heaven? Just dig deep into your pockets and send the check, the bigger the check, the better chance of getting in.

That's a perfect example of Religion praying on the weak minded.
People are desperate, they want eternal life, and the old and dying are the most vulnerable. They have nothing to lose right?

Let's face it, if you weren't weak minded, you wouldn't hand over your life savings to some charismatic preacher wearing a shark skin suit.

** Religion is very convenient.

Life is hard, and regardless of what we believe, the truth is none of us know for sure what the deal is, we all have unanswered questions.
The moment you decide to believe in God and (your religion here)
All the hard work is done for you. You just read the words associated with your religion, and you don't have to think for yourself anymore.

Think how easy it is to answer your kids questions when we didn't have the answers.

"Why is it raining daddy? Oh, you've been a bad girl and you made God cry"

Now you're in a perfect position to bs your kid, while using your religion as a means to control behaviour.

Once you accept the bible, everything else is easy now, you just preach the words you're reading and you don't have to learn anymore.

If that isn't weak minded, I don't know what is.

** There is no evidence to support the existence of God.

Believing in something without proof is illogical, and if you believe in things without proof, that makes you irrational, and irrational people are weak minded.

People's belief systems are shaped by what their parents tell them.
This is why kids in Israel are brought up as Jews, kids in the middle east are raised as Muslims, and kids in India are raised as Hindu.

Do you really think that had you been born to parents in India, you would have the same views you have right now?
Sure it's possible, but the chances are slim to none.

Your belief system today is mainly based on your role models, what they believed, and how they raised you.
Do you really want to leave such an important aspect of your life (your belief system) to your heritage?

** Belief in God leads to a dangerous "Us Verses Them" mentality.

This is very dangerous thinking, and it leads to intolerance, fear, violence, and ultimately terrorism and even war.

** How has religion made our world a better place?

The record of human advances brought by religion is next to none.
Science on the other hand has done much to improve our lives and make the world a better place.
Opposition to use of condoms to prevent HIV, or to stem cell research is weak minded.

Being able to save your son with a simple blood transfusion, but letting him die because it conflicts with your religious beliefs is weak minded.

Regards
H
Habs i comend you on your stance and wanted you to know that all them dar big words are making me HOT and MOIST so stop it.. GODDAMTHEPUSHERMAN
THERE ARE NO GODS SAY IT AFTER ME THERE ARE NO GODS

Old 01-10-2008, 03:04 PM
So if you believe in God what about Buddhists? Are they going to Hell if they don't believe in God? I think we may be closer to the same page than I was thinking earlier. I'm still feeling you out here. That's feeling you OUT not feeling you UP!! My view is has a belief in something; some higher power. I believe God has an open mind if you know what I mean. I feel he will overlook someone not believing specifically in Him who lives a good life and helps others. Someone raised buddhist, or any other conviction, is simply believing in what they were taught or raised with in most cases. I don't think as some bible thumpers do; either you are X religion or you're going to hell.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:12 PM
So if you believe in God what about Buddhists? Are they going to Hell if they don't believe in God? I think we may be closer to the same page than I was thinking earlier. I'm still feeling you out here. That's feeling you OUT not feeling you UP!! My view is has a belief in something; some higher power. I believe God has an open mind if you know what I mean. I feel he will overlook someone not believing specifically in Him who lives a good life and helps others. Someone raised buddhist, or any other conviction, is simply believing in what they were taught or raised with in most cases. I don't think as some bible thumpers do; either you are X religion or you're going to hell.
Amen. If I were a Christian, I'd say Yes, they are going to hell. But I don't think there will be any punishment put upon the stereotypical Buddhist monk. That is, the ones who we all think of and live the right way.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who really holds the burden of proof?
The majority rules.... The minority is the one who must Prove something to the rest. Who is the majority? Believers or Non Believers?
It doesn't really work that way.

If you take a stroll through the lunatic asylum, you being normal and of sound mind will definitly be the minority because you will then be surrounded by people with mental defects.

So now there you are, surrounded by a bunch of people with mental defects, and a vote comes up:
Someone suggests that all of you should put your underwear on your heads and run wildly into the streets.

19 of the crazy ding dongs vote yes, but you vote no, does that make you wrong?

"Right & wrong" have nothing to do with the majority.

The burden of proof rests with those who make the assertion, not on those who deny.

There’s a reason our court system follows this principle.

Look, the courts tried it their way during the middle ages and it didn’t work out too well.

The one making the claim is responsible for proving the proposition.

Do you claim that God exists? Prove it, it’s quite simple.

The truth is that you can’t, because if in fact it could be proven, it would be on every television channel and everyone would know about it.

The only bad part of that is believers wouldn’t feel special anymore; You know that “I know a secret” special feeling they have?, like knowing the winner of the 3rd race before post-time?

Now I finally understand where the smug attitude comes from, heck, if I knew the winner of the 3rd race before it began, I'd feel smug too.

Getting back on topic...

Once again, there is no evidence to support the claim that God exists, the burden of proof rests with those making the claim.

The burden of proof makes the concept of some divine entity non-existent until proven existent.

You can’t define something non-existent into existence. It has to actually exist.

Last edited by Habibi; 01-10-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.