Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by s2krn
Like I said before, better for me to find out I'm wrong than for you to find out you're wrong!
Says who? You? The Bible?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
Brainwashed into believing.
HI!... Exactly, now your starting to see your problem.................................... Thats half the battle. Good for you.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
Says who? The Bible?
You surely couldn't go to heaven when you are a fervent denier right? If there is a Heaven would you want to go there? Or would you rather just die or go to Hell?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Like I said before, better for me to find out I'm wrong than for you to find out you're wrong!
HI!... Not really.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal
HI!... Exactly, now your starting to see your problem.................................... Thats half the battle. Good for you.
Sad. God has such high hopes for you.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Sad. God has such high hopes for you.
HI!... Who's God? Oh ya, that imaginary idol you are brainwashed to worship. If he had high hopes for me he wouldn't be a "GOD" because he SHOULD of known I couldn't care less............

Old 01-10-2008, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Neal
HI!... Who's God? Oh ya, that imaginary idol you are brainwashed to worship. If he had high hopes for me he wouldn't be a "GOD" because he SHOULD of known I couldn't care less............
You sure do like your Kool Aid.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a serious question with regards to that statement.

Let's just pretend for a minute that all you nut jobs are right, and God does in fact exist.

Many believers believe for precisely that very reason (hey, if I'm wrong I've lost nothing, but if I'm right, woo hoo!"

So let's say there is God sitting high above the clouds, looking down, watching all the crap on earth. He sees priests molesting little boys (and does nothing), and he sees women getting raped (and does nothing) and he sees third world nations dying of starvation (but he does nothing)

Because that's what God does, nothing....

So if he's so sharp, won't he know that you only joined up to avoid getting a beating?
I wouldn't think God is easily tricked. Would you agree with that?
Myself, if I was going to join the ranks of the believers, I would do so purely out of love and 100% belief. not because "I've got nothing to lose"

Believing in God because you have nothing to lose is kind of a hypocrisy isn't it? I think you have many people in your ranks who only joined up for that very reason, a bunch of 2 faced hypocrites who think they can outsmart God and avoid a eternity in a fiery hell.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

I have relatives who are deeply religious, but they are not smug little fawkers with a sharp tongue who try to push their beliefs onto others, they just live a simple quiet life and they don't threaten everyone they meet with a "if you don't join, you're gonna suffer in hell foreverrrrr!

So sorry for the rather long winded rep[ly, but getting back to my original point, don't you think God would know if you only joined to avoid hell? Because if that's the case, isn;'t it just a waste of time when you're a Christian for all the wrong reasons?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Lightbulb Read the book of Proverbs, good stuff.

Hey ya'll...

Psalm 14:1
The fool has said in his heart,“There is no God.”

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But he who heeds counsel is wise.

Proverbs 13:16
Every prudent man acts with knowledge, But a fool lays open his folly.

Proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Habibi
I have a serious question with regards to that statement.

Let's just pretend for a minute that all you nut jobs are right, and God does in fact exist.

Many believers believe for precisely that very reason (hey, if I'm wrong I've lost nothing, but if I'm right, woo hoo!"

So let's say there is God sitting high above the clouds, looking down, watching all the crap on earth. He sees priests molesting little boys (and does nothing), and he sees women getting raped (and does nothing) and he sees third world nations dying of starvation (but he does nothing)

Because that's what God does, nothing....

So if he's so sharp, won't he know that you only joined up to avoid getting a beating?
I wouldn't think God is easily tricked. Would you agree with that?
Myself, if I was going to join the ranks of the believers, I would do so purely out of love and 100% belief. not because "I've got nothing to lose"

Believing in God because you have nothing to lose is kind of a hypocrisy isn't it? I think you have many people in your ranks who only joined up for that very reason, a bunch of 2 faced hypocrites who think they can outsmart God and avoid a eternity in a fiery hell.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

I have relatives who are deeply religious, but they are not smug little fawkers with a sharp tongue who try to push their beliefs onto others, they just live a simple quiet life and they don't threaten everyone they meet with a "if you don't join, you're gonna suffer in hell foreverrrrr!

So sorry for the rather long winded rep[ly, but getting back to my original point, don't you think God would know if you only joined to avoid hell? Because if that's the case, isn;'t it just a waste of time when you're a Christian for all the wrong reasons?
I'm wondering how you know me or anyone else on here well enough to say we believe because we have nothing to lose or to avoid hell. You must be a mind reader bc I've never posted such. I wonder if there are any Agnostic or Atheist child molesters, murderers, or rapists out there? Should we blame their not believing for their actions like you blame a priest for it. Priest who molest children would molest them wether they were a priest, a mechanic, or even your father.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:56 PM

Another rant from the great Habibi. Man, you would be such a strong Christian. It's sad you waste your beautiful mind with such shallow thinking.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:57 PM
So bottom line is, you must be fully 100% brainwashed to see the light.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Suspended
The burden of proof rests with those who make the assertion, not on those who deny it..
Here I go again, quoting 1969Mach...
Actually, the burden of proving one thing or another indeed rests with the one who disagrees. If I were to say I saw a pink unicorn, I wouldn't have to prove it because I'm not the one who doesn't believe it. It only makes sense that the one who doesn't believe would undertake the task of dis-proving it. Why should one making the claim have to prove anything? He's not the one with the problem. It would be like me telling you my name, and you not believing it. What do I care if you don't believe it? You're the one with the problem, not me.

The one making the claim is responsible for proving the proposition.

Do you claim that God exists? Prove it, it’s quite simple.

The truth is that you can’t, because if in fact it could be proven, it would be on every television channel and everyone would know about it.
Its not that simple. I cannot prove it with anything that I could or would ever say to you. You have to see it, and you cannot. I doubt that you ever will. You have to listen to the Holy Spirit. It is He who brings us to Christ. Some refuse His existence, and some find Him by looking at the world and the way it was made. Yeah, the world does suck. Don't bother citing examples. It would just be you telling me something I already know.

Why does God let this crap go on? Freewill. If He were to come to Earth and show Himself, it would be much more difficult to deny Him. When Adam and Eve ate of the fruit, they received knowledge. Knowledge of sin. He set the world up this way, and I cannot fully explain it to you. I doubt anyone can.

The only bad part of that is believers wouldn’t feel special anymore; You know that “I know a secret” special feeling they have?, like knowing the winner of the 3rd race before post-time.

Now I finally understand where the smug attitude comes from, heck, if I knew the winner of the 3rd race before it began, I'd feel smug too.
If you believe what you just said. You would have to accept his accept Him. You cannot think that. If it were true, why do we want you to know Christ? Why do we share? Why have I wasted so much time quoting His word? Do you really think that I am trying to harbor a secret? I don't get it. Help me understand.

Getting back on topic...

Once again, there is no evidence to support the claim that God exists, the burden of proof rests with those making the claim.
Don't look at what man has done in the world...look at what he created.

The burden of proof makes the concept of some divine entity non-existent until proven existent.
This horse is dead. Quit beating it. I think thats the third or fourth time you have stated the proof question.

You can’t define something non-existent into existence. It has to actually exist.
Everytime some scientist dredges the bottom of the sea, they find another creature that did not exist. I cannot define them into existence, but scientist find them, just as man finds Christ daily.

The sad part is guys like you know very well it's your responsibility to prove your claim, but since you can't, you resort to semantics, splitting hairs, and trickery to escape the responsibility that is rightfully yours.

Reasonble theists accept that fact.

At least man up and admit that you can't prove it, and be done with it.
I admit that I cannot prove it, I KNOW that it is NOT my responsibility! Christ does not tell me to prove anything to you. God tells me to share His word, and what He did for Habibi...God says His word is all that I need to share. I apologised to you a few months ago..stating that I had been arogant and prideful. I tried to use my reasoning with you. I found out that is not how God had intended for me to do it.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Now that we agree that I, and others cannot prove His existence, where do we go?

Last edited by Shinesintx; 01-10-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.