Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
C0car0acha, I'll pray for you too.
What significance do you truly think that has to me? Your comment is obviously a desperate and underhanded attempt to attack me through mis-using my screen name. You made a similar comment when you mocked illegal aliens and catholics. Your smug self-righteousness will be your own undoing if you truly believe what you preach.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by c0ckac0la
What significance do you truly think that has to me? Your comment is obviously a desperate and underhanded attempt to attack me through mis-using my screen name. You made a similar comment when you mocked illegal aliens and catholics. Your smug self-righteousness will be your own undoing if you truly believe what you preach.
If that's the only thing you believe, God help you.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
How do you argue with such an ambiguous statement? If what is the only thing I believe? Enlighten me?

Old 02-03-2008, 06:48 PM

How do you argue with such an ambiguous statement? If what is the only thing I believe? Enlighten me?
Gee, someone makes a typo and you get all hugh and mighty. That's funny!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Gee, someone makes a typo and you get all hugh and mighty. That's funny!
That was a typo.

C0car0acha, I'll pray for you too.
That was intentional.

At least have the decency to admit when you are wrong.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:22 PM

That was a typo.

That was intentional.

At least have the decency to admit when you are wrong.
Sure, bud. Whatever you say.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Question Who's getting placated here?

Hey Hitched,
I guess you were right. They flat out ignored my arguement and chose to placate to Turbo.
Is it because Turbo admitted to beleiving in something? Does that give hope that you can somehow change his mind? Or are you speculating that Turbo has merely lost his way and that he is just one scripture quote away from ignoring logic and reason?

Admitting to believing in something is a mighty far step from admitting to believing in God. As for losing my way... son, I changed direction a long time ago. And for ignoring logic and reason? Might as well stop educating myself in the firld of engineering then, now huh.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s2krn
You might want to educate yourself a bit more on Catholicism before you make such outrageous remarks. You're starting to sound like Michael Moore talking about politics.

educate how? Besides the fact that my mothers whole schooling was catholic? and my ex wife was catholic? Catholic faith is not Biblical. The apocrypha was added by the catholics and is NOT part of the Bible. A true catholic is NOT Christian. Mary was not a holy person. She was a vessel that God used to come to earth in the flesh. Nothing more. Praying to God through her is wrong. Sorry.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Turbo,
I was not slamming you. I was making a hypothetical statement about "losing your way" in the eyes of Christians. I was trying to tie together how those who were arguing with you before, seemed to change their tune when they learned that you were once Christian and are now Pagan. Please reread my post.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by chris1450
educate how? Besides the fact that my mothers whole schooling was catholic? and my ex wife was catholic? Catholic faith is not Biblical. The apocrypha was added by the catholics and is NOT part of the Bible. A true catholic is NOT Christian. Mary was not a holy person. She was a vessel that God used to come to earth in the flesh. Nothing more. Praying to God through her is wrong. Sorry.
Read this. Good read for me thus far.

http://www.catholicundertow.com/index.shtml#Home

Old 02-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Turbo77
Guess I have to be literal... I meant anything other than what the bible tells you.
Well, you asked...

In the physical world, yes. Evidence is tied to something physical. Otherwise, plenty of ppl would have been convicted of murder, based on heresay just because that person didn't like the deceased.
Prove to me that we solely exist in a physical world. Better yet, physically describe to me the feelings of love, hate, anger, greed, etc... I can't see them, but I feel them.

But the bible and it's passages are always referred to as the "Word of God".
Written by man, for man under God's guidance... according to man.
Think of faith as in the movie 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade', where he has to cross the chasm on the invisible bridge. In order for the bridge to be there, he had to believe. Faith in the Word of the Lord is unquestioned.

To suit the needs of man... interesting statement. Under who's authority?! The publishers or the authors? To suit what needs? Monetary gains? Earthly possessions? Power?
Yes. All of the above. But in any book, a few lines can be changed without changing the underlying meaning.

And I commend you on your faith and courage to stand up for what you believe in in the face of overwhelming odds.
But as far as my "sophmoric ideas"... I'm a realist, and a Pagan. If I can find no physical proof of it's existence, then I doubt it. If someone can show me proof, I believe. It's my nature. I ain't jumping til I know what's at the bottom.
Overwhelming odds?? Now that's an interesting statement. What, exactly, am I overwhelmed by? My attempt to open your eyes and look beyond the far end of your nose as to the possiblities? Doesn't overwhelm me. As said before, I'm secure in my belief. And while I'd love for you to discover what I know, it's nopt going to affect me one way or the other. In the end, your free will decides what you believe.

At least I can "be ok" if I'm given physical proof of God's existence. Christians on the other hand... if you were given proof he did not exist... well, I can forsee a lot of straight jackets being handed out and/or the suicide rate climbing world wide.
You cannot disprove what has already been proven to my by my Father. But I'd like to see you try....

Last edited by 98Lariet4x4; 02-03-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by 98Lariet4x4
Prove to me that we solely exist in a physical world. Better yet, physically describe to me the feelings of love, hate, anger, greed, etc... I can't see them, but I feel them.
Actually you can see them. In fact, scientifically speaking, there are changes in the body. The brain excretes different compounds for different emotions. Your blood pressure will go up and the hair on your body will stand on end. These are what we call primal urges and they are hard wired into our psyche. They are not invisible. Unlike a feeling you say you have about God, everyone can and has felt and seen them.

Yes. All of the above. But in any book, a few lines can be changed without changing the underlying meaning.
When you can concede that any portion of the original writings has been altered and is continued to be quoted and taught as such, then you must see the obvious logic that much more has been lost than one word or two words. My argument that these original writings, even in their original state, serve a greater purpose to those who wrote them, than who they were written about continues to go unchallenged in this thread.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Hey Hitched,
I guess you were right. They flat out ignored my arguement and chose to placate to Turbo.
Is it because Turbo admitted to beleiving in something? Does that give hope that you can somehow change his mind? Or are you speculating that Turbo has merely lost his way and that he is just one scripture quote away from ignoring logic and reason?
Oh, there's many more. Just wait. It's like watching a slolam run.

C0car0acha
c0ckac0la

****roach, maybe.

Someone musta been pretty drunk to make that typo, and still drunk to think someone would believe it was a typo. Stealth, from what I gather, you're still new. It's very easy to get defensive when you don't have the knowledge to actually explain these things. Oh yeah, you sidestepped this one too.
Quote:

Think of faith as in the movie 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade', where he has to cross the chasm on the invisible bridge. In order for the bridge to be there, he had to believe. Faith in the Word of the Lord is unquestioned.
You are not really helping the case for the late JC by comparing your faith in God's word to Indiana Jones. It was a good reference though.
This Might be an example of what you're looking for.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Turbo,
I was not slamming you. I was making a hypothetical statement about "losing your way" in the eyes of Christians. I was trying to tie together how those who were arguing with you before, seemed to change their tune when they learned that you were once Christian and are now Pagan. Please reread my post.
Re-read. I'll admit sometimes I don't catch things first off... especially in the "heat of battle".

But like I said. IMO, I never "lost my way", regardless of what anyone may think. I made decisions based on logic and reasoning. I highly doubt anyone would be able to enforce a "U-turn" in my thinking unless there's some pretty good evidence to the contrary (I.e., evolution, Big Bang, etc.)
I just can't seem to shake many things the Bible says. Like we all pay for the sins of A&E. We're what... 400 generations removed from them? And if we're all related to A&E, then we're all adulterers and a bunch of incestuous SOB's (a mortal sin according to the Word).

I just don't get it.

I think we've come to a stalemate... Christians will never see my POV, and I'll never see theirs. We can all have some good heated debates and share a brew at the end of the day, but until one or the other comes up with some pretty damning evidence neither will budge.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 PM
To my knowledge, evolutionists have not had any evidence yet...

Quick Reply: Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.