Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by c0ckac0la

Well, I was baptized Catholic as a child. I went to CCD for years. I attended a Mormon churched until I was 14. I continued to seek religious guidance throughout college. So, I studied religion in school. It was until I studied Buddhism, Islam, Judaism and Hinduism that I found another way. I have broken bread with Krisnas and been counseled by Imams. I have prayed, fasted, meditated, paid tithes and all. I have history with God's people. So yes, I have tried.
That explains why you are so jaded...Not a cut, unlike my earlier post. Who would'nt deny God after being put through the Hell of Mormonism and Catholothism...

I just feel for ya though...I wished it would have been a different experience...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by c0ckac0la
I did not realize that I was being asked to reply. I will assume that you are asking if I have prayed. If I have truly tried to make a spiritual partnership with God.

Well, I was baptized Catholic as a child. I went to CCD for years. I attended a Mormon churched until I was 14. I continued to seek religious guidance throughout college. So, I studied religion in school. It was until I studied Buddhism, Islam, Judaism and Hinduism that I found another way. I have broken bread with Krisnas and been counseled by Imams. I have prayed, fasted, meditated, paid tithes and all. I have history with God's people. So yes, I have tried. I could quote Herman Hesse and Elie Wiesel just as easily as you quote the Bible. I do not regret any of the time I spent either. It was because of these times, that I truly found myself - not God.

Anyhow, for any theist who would like to open there mind about mankind, pick up a copy of Guns, Germs, and Steel. It is a book by Jared Diamond, about how certain sects of humankind were able to progress and grow, while others remained primitive and isolated. It talks about the origins of empires, religion, written language, crops, and guns. It is a great book, written by a brilliant scientist.

And in all that you're still lost...

I do envy you're education however, and I wish I had the time to learn as you have. And I will pick up a copy of that book.

And I wasn't intentionally trying to misspell your name earlier, but my kid was insisting that it was his turn to play on the computer...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 98Lariet4x4

I do envy you're education however, and I wish I had the time to learn as you have. And I will pick up a copy of that book.

And I wasn't intentionally trying to misspell your name earlier, but my kid was insisting that it was his turn to play on the computer...
That made me laugh...my daughter is 15mo...she loves the blue on/off switch on my gateway.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Oxlander
Right you are. So the next time you or a loved one is in need of immediate medical attention remember this and stay home to pray for divine intervention. If death comes, that is gods will.

Ahhh, but our medical field is much like that of our legal field: Not by any means perfect, but the best that we have.

After all does not "God help those who help themselves" ???

Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
But who says he's lost? Who's to say I'm lost? Perhaps we're looking for the same thing as you, merely down a different path.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Oxlander
Have you ever seen a radio wave? A sound wave? Electricity? The movement of the air? Gravity? No, you haven't. But do they still exist? Yes, because you have seen the effects these forces have on their surroundings. Dark matter and dark energy are terms associated with the huge amount of unseen material that creates the gravitational attraction in galaxies. The effects can be observed and quantified. There in lies the evidence of its existence.
Dark matter is not a radio wave. It is not a sound wave. It is not electricity. It is not air. It is not gravity. Yes, we can see the effects all these mentioned forces around us and our surroundings. But not dark matter. Dark matter is something totally different. No one can prove it exists. There is no evidence. There is only the belief that it has to exist due to the missing mass problem of the universe.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Ahhh, but our medical field is much like that of our legal field: Not by any means perfect, but the best that we have.

After all does not "God help those who help themselves" ???
Don't take this personally... but I am sick and tired of reading these blanket, catch all statements.

We all have men and women over the past centuries to thank for dedicating their lives, in order to improve our lives... not 'the creator'.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Turbo77
But who says he's lost? Who's to say I'm lost? Perhaps we're looking for the same thing as you, merely down a different path.

I've found what I'm looking for. The knowledge that God has not forsaken me, or that He is cruel, or indifferent to our plight of this so called life. He is a loving God, and will always be there.

Originally Posted by Shinesintx
That made me laugh...my daughter is 15mo...she loves the blue on/off switch on my gateway
I downloaded a generic Mario game, and now my 4 year old thinks he is owed time to play it...

I KNEW IT! Gentlemen, we are privilidged to have greatness in our presence!

****cola...Is Al Gore!

No wonder Mr ****cola does not believe in God. He is too busy enjoying the deaths of unborn babies.

Yes, I am putting words in your mouth...but please, please, tell me you don't support a womans "choice." Tell us Mr ****Steinum...
By far the most intelligent thing you've said to date.

No sir, you are not putting your words in my mouth. You are putting your foot in your own mouth every time you post in this thread.

A woman's choice? You must be one of those sleaze bags who fastens billboards of bloody fetuses all over your f150 and drive around the Walmart parking lot screaming threats of damnation over your PA. Or do you just support the bombings of abortion clinics? How is that different than the suicide bombs you condemn in the East?
~~The fact is Shine, I value all entities of life. I certainly don't agree with exploiting the innocent death of a child by plastering it's image on poster boards for the shock value of my beliefs.

Originally Posted by Wild Bill
No one can prove it exists. There is no evidence. There is only the belief that it has to exist due to the missing mass problem of the universe.
So what you're saying is ppl only believe in the existence of dark matter because of what other ppl (in this case scientists) say, and from what is written in books?

Hmmm, now where have I heard that argument before?!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Don't take this personally... but I am sick and tired of reading these blanket, catch all statements.

We all have men and women over the past centuries to thank for dedicating their lives, in order to improve our lives... not 'the creator'.

But these men and women did not give their lives to create ours. We came from somewhere. It's absolutely not a catch all. Please explain how you see it that way, and I'll attempt to explain myself better.

BTW, sorry I'm not too coherent right now, I've got a "little Captain in me"

Old 02-04-2008, 10:37 PM
...but please, please, tell me you don't support a womans "choice." Tell us Mr ****Steinum...
Tell me... if your wife, mother, sister or daughter were impregnated due to rape... would you still support "life" over a woman's choice?

Don't forget, that child would automatically be a bastard as well as a sinner, not to mention a lifelong reminder of a heinous crime committed.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 PM

I would not say that I am lost. Let's just say that we both have the same map, but I have a compass - you have faith.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Tell me... if your wife, mother, sister or daughter were impregnated due to rape... would you still support "life" over a woman's choice?

Don't forget, that child would automatically be a bastard as well as a sinner, not to mention a lifelong reminder of a heinous crime committed.

Hey take it to another thread... This is about religion...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
But these men and women did not give their lives to create ours.
No, not to create... but to allow you to continue to exist. See my sig and you'll understand why your comment pisses me off just a bit.

Quick Reply: Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.