what the hell is it with Toyota's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what the hell is it with Toyota's?

Why is there so much hype these days with Toyota??

Old 08-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Les22
Enormous marketing budget = a LOT of BUZZ.

This is a very significant & high-stakes market segment....

... and it appears to be working....

bubba

Old 08-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Define hype? If you mean success, i'm sure its because Toyota worked all these years to make a name for themselves, people associate Toyota with Value, Quality and Reliability. Add to the fact that they make a car that appeals to a lot of Americans, from 16 year olds buying Scions to 60 year olds buying Lexus, to the middle aged tree huggers buying Hybrids. Now that they have that badass ****ing Tundra, all they really need is an HD lineup, more cars that appeal to the car enthusiasts (bring back supra, mr2 turbo, celica all-trac turbo ect) and they will be the masters of the universe.

I wish I owned Toyota stock.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by WantsAHemi
... i'm sure its because Toyota worked all these years to make a name for themselves, people associate Toyota with Value, Quality and Reliability. Add to the fact that they make a car that appeals to a lot of Americans, from 16 year olds buying Scions to 60 year olds buying Lexus, to the middle aged tree huggers buying Hybrids. Now that they have that badass ****ing Tundra, all they really need is an HD lineup, more cars that appeal to the car enthusiasts (bring back supra, mr2 turbo, celica all-trac turbo ect) and they will be the masters of the universe.

I think you need a dose of

Old 08-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Suspended
Can we ban this tool already? Literally ALL he does is troll and prove he has fewer brain cells than limbs

Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WantsAHemi
Define hype? If you mean success, i'm sure its because Toyota worked all these years to make a name for themselves, people associate Toyota with Value, Quality and Reliability. Add to the fact that they make a car that appeals to a lot of Americans, from 16 year olds buying Scions to 60 year olds buying Lexus, to the middle aged tree huggers buying Hybrids. Now that they have that badass ****ing Tundra, all they really need is an HD lineup, more cars that appeal to the car enthusiasts (bring back supra, mr2 turbo, celica all-trac turbo ect) and they will be the masters of the universe.

I wish I owned Toyota stock.
Supra =

Say what y'all will, but he has a point.

Most of the folks on this site bleed Ford Blue, and that's great....but, the truth of the matter is that Toyota has made a name for themselves, and is simply stepping up and giving the consumer what they wanted.

They know what they are doing.

With that being said, I aint going to sell my truck and run to the nearest Toyota dealership and buy a Tundra....even if I could afford to do that, I wouldn't. BUT....BUT...if I was looking for a truck, I can promise I would test drive one, and compare it to the competition. I don't bleed Ford Blue, but until someone can produce a pick-up that is in my budget, that is as comfortable as my Heritage, and looks just as good if not better.....Ford it is.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Graphics Contributor
Old 08-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait.

Who's the troll?

Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
what the hell is it with Toyota's? ??
What the hell is it with Toyota's what?

Old 08-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Toyota as a company is top notch , very innovative and their employees are highly regarded with in the company from the floor to upper management. Google Toyota culture and you will see what I'm talking about.
They've made a good name for themselves theres no denying that!
I'll keep my ford though!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:23 PM
My next truck will be another F150, or if not, then a Silverado.
The import 2wd trucks have no style and who wants to drive an ugly POS.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Doesn't matter. Ford still out sels them like a 1,000,000:1. I see about 50 F150's per one new Tundra.

Granted, the new F150's have been out now for 4 years. Doesn't matter and never will.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Toyota built a name and protects it. Even with the Tundra cam issues, they get them in fix it and get it back out. The big three wait for the government to force a recall, then continue to claim they don't have a problem.

Anyone can sell anything to anyone. What seperates the men from the boys is when there is a problem. The boys run and hide and the men fix the problem.

I have several old Toyotas, no use for the new trucks, they are all ugly.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by khendrix2374
Doesn't matter. Ford still out sels them like a 1,000,000:1. I see about 50 F150's per one new Tundra.

Granted, the new F150's have been out now for 4 years. Doesn't matter and never will.
On trucks yes, but that is a descreasing segment of vehicle sales these days.

As for total sales of all vehicles, Toyota is going to eat everyone's lunch real soon. Even when they were 3rd in sales, they still made more profit than the big 3 combined, and now they are on top of the heap.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Bryndon
Toyota built a name and protects it. Even with the Tundra cam issues, they get them in fix it and get it back out. The big three wait for the government to force a recall, then continue to claim they don't have a problem.

Anyone can sell anything to anyone. What seperates the men from the boys is when there is a problem. The boys run and hide and the men fix the problem.

I have several old Toyotas, no use for the new trucks, they are all ugly.
Toyota loves people like you. You believe in the percieved reliability toyota has and buy into all the hype instead of researching and finding the truth. Toyota has plenty of recalls and plenty of issues it sweeps under the rug. Many engines in the Toyota line up are prone to engine sludge, Toyota blames users for not following changing the oil at the proper interval even though the consumers are changing it at the Toyota recommended intervals. Just one of the many things Toyota has swept under the rug hoping the word wont get out. Many online petitions have been signed and about every Toyota forum has a topic regarding engine sludge with hundreds of post and complaints.

http://www.mycarstats.com/auto_Recal...TA_Recalls.asp

Quick Reply: what the hell is it with Toyota's?