Best truck compliment

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need one of those moments right about now....

I did get a "nice truck" from some guy when I was pulling a parade float...

Old 08-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Everyone allways says..

"Love the flames"

...zap!

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racerchick68
Funny story about that truck..... the day after my buddy's threw the lifts on I took it to the local tire shop to get 35's put on. I went to work and by lunch time the tires were on and it was ready to go. Mind you, this was back in my "hottie" days and I worked at a bank and had to wear dress suits. But I was too young for the long dresses so my wardrobe consisted mostly of shorter skirts and jackets.

My coworker took me to the shop and dropped me off. I went inside and paid and came back out and stood near the truck. I stopped and stared at it for a moment wondering how exactly I was going to do this. It has 6" of lift on 35's with no runningboards. Hhmmmmmmmmm I didn't exactly think ahead when I was dressing that morning. As I'm contimplating the hike into the truck I noticed all of the impact wrenches stopped running and the shop was silent. I turned around and EVERY guy at the place was standing at the doors of the bays watching and waiting to see how I was going to get in the truck in my tight little miniskirt. Finally after turning about 13 shades of red I said to myself "F it" and hiked up the skirt and climbed on in. I got applause! HAHAHAHA

got pics?

Old 08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I somehow don't think she's gonna fan those flames.... but I'm game...

Old 08-10-2007, 05:13 PM
I think its funny when the wife drives my truck and I sit in the back seat with our 1year old to keep her happy, all blacked out windows in the back, and you notice the guys checking out the truck with the lift and all at a stop light, then they notice her driving and ignore the truck.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by nvrenuff
got pics?
I did run across an old pic of me in the truck. But that's all it was.... a pic of me in the truck stuck in the mud. HAHAHAH

Old 08-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by nvrenuff
I think its funny when the wife drives my truck and I sit in the back seat with our 1year old to keep her happy, all blacked out windows in the back, and you notice the guys checking out the truck with the lift and all at a stop light, then they notice her driving and ignore the truck.
Pretty much everyone stops to have a look at a Superduty, and offers up a nice truck comment. I think they are trucks most everyone would like to have.

I had some folks take pics of my 98 Lariat when it was almost new. I was moving real slow in heavy traffic and they jumped off the sidewalk and took some pictures.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by zapster
Everyone allways says..

"Love the flames"
...zap!
Love the flames = YOU'RE A FLAMER!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
Pretty much everyone stops to have a look at a Superduty, and offers up a nice truck comment. I think they are trucks most everyone would like to have.
So this brings up another funny story.... a week or so ago I am out and about with the 5 year old. We had just run to the grocery store but there was one more thing the store didn't have so we stopped at the healthfood store by my house to run in and grab it. It was over 100 degrees that day and I had popsicles in the truck. I parked in front of the store and ran in leaving the truck running (F250 SD). It took MAYBE 20 seconds to get up to the counter because I knew exactly where the stuff was.... grabbed it and back to the counter. As I'm just about to set my stuff on the counter I hear this worker guy saying something to the cashier chick about "parking right in front".... "leaving it running"..... but he wasn't facing me so I couldn't quite hear exactly what he was saying. BUT.... then the cashier chick says "Okay for ONE, it's YELLOW! And for TWO, it's a FORD!" and is saying this in a very disgusted tone. So I finally plop my stuff down on the counter and she turns to me all happy and says "HI, HOW ARE YOU TODAY?" all perky like. I'm standing there puzzled at the fact that she had NO clue it was MY truck she was just bashing on. I hadn't walked through those doors more than 30 seconds ago.... how could she NOT know it was me??? So anyhoo I reply with "I'm fine thank you." and she say, "Did you find everything you need?" and I said, "Yes, thank you. But I'm curious...." and she looks up at me "Is there something wrong with my truck???" and she gets this 'deer in headlights' look on her face and starts stumbling over her words... "Uh.... no.... uh... he was ... he was just saying that he loved the sound of a diesel motor. Does that get good gas mileage?" YEA WHATEVER *****!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Should have done a power brake right there... burnt rubber AND diesel fumes.....

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Krohbar
Should have done a power brake right there... burnt rubber AND diesel fumes.....
hahaha I know huh? Too bad I hadn't backed in with my exhaust pouring in through the doors. Would have been a great time to clean out the carbon build up.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I think it's funny when little kids ask their momma, "How come daddy's truck doesn't look like that?"

When I was down in Panama for spring break a couple months ago I was drivin down the strip behind a Chevy sittin on I believe 52" military tires. A group of bad *** girls ran up to his truck and flashed the guys and then kept on walking. Then they came up to my truck and asked us for a ride. That was the proudest moment of my life.

Last edited by captain morgan8; 08-10-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
When I was 16, I had a 69 F100. I spent the summer before I got my license building it. With in 3 months after I got my license and started driving it, 3 others traded or bought one similar with different paint (mine was a custom blend, they couldn't match it. I didnt take measurments so I couldn't match it if I'd wanted to either!!!) they started driving them daily.

At first it made me mad. Then I realized how much of a compliment it was.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 08-10-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Originally Posted by captain morgan8
I think it's funny when little kids ask their momma, "How come daddy's truck doesn't look like that?"

When I was down in Panama for spring break a couple months ago I was drivin down the strip behind a Chevy sittin on I believe 52" military tires. A group of bad *** girls ran up to his truck and flashed the guys and then kept on walking. Then they came up to my truck and asked us for a ride. That was the proudest moment of my life.

Hopefully it wasnt because they coulnd't jump into his though... you know what they say... Lift your truck cause fat chicks cant jump!

J/K man, I couldn't resist.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Actually happened today .. I was driving down 290 coming home from Austin, and had to stop at one of the 100 stoplights along that route ..

a beautiful, brand new black viper pulled up next to me that the stop light, and the girl in the passenger seat looked at me and said "that is an awesome looking truck" I said "thanks .. wanna trade?"

I don't get nearly as many compliments on my truck as I used to get with my Trans Am.

Quick Reply: Best truck compliment