Is the new Chevy silverado better then f150?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the new Chevy silverado better then f150?

My brother works for GM as a Chevy Mechanic and is a dare heart Chevy fan all the way.

he brought home this book about the new Silverado coming out where it has a comparison of all the half ton trucks, including F-150, Titan, Dodge, and off course Chevy goes out to say that the new Silverado is Best in class towing of over 10,500 VS 9,900 F-150 is says? Smoothest truck ever made, smoother then F-150 and quieter then F-150. ?? huh?? Chevy also says best gas mileage of all 3 trucks, largest cab space of all 3 trucks, and pretty much says it's better then any truck ever made.

what I hate about that darn book he's got is that he got so brain washed by reading how good Chevy says the new Silverado is that he thinks the F-150 is no where near as good as Chevy trucks are.... ahhhh I just hate it because I know Ford is so damn much better then chevys will ever be

Old 10-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
My brother works for GM as a Chevy Mechanic and is a dare heart Chevy fan all the way.

What the hell is a dare heart Chevy fan?

Man, Mattie, I love your post........

Old 10-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Hmmmm.... Yeah I dont believe it.
So is there a Mattineer Jr. yet?
Find a blow up santa yet?

Old 10-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
what I hate about that darn book he's got is that he got so brain washed by reading how good Chevy says the new Silverado is that he thinks the F-150 is no where near as good as Chevy trucks are.... ahhhh I just hate it because I know Ford is so damn much better then chevys will ever be

so, he's brainwashed when it comes to Chevy eh? That sounds alot like someone else I know........oh, yea, it's you.......

By the way, how's Moma and the baby coming along?

Last edited by RandallT; 10-16-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:12 PM
You picked a good place to post that opinion. I'll wager there are a few guys on a Ford site that will go along with that. I give Ford credit for one thing... I sure do love my Lightning. Never would have bought a Ford otherwise.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
You picked a good place to post that opinion. I'll wager there are a few guys on a Ford site that will go along with that. I give Ford credit for one thing... I sure do love my Lightning. Never would have bought a Ford otherwise.

mmm.... I wanna Lightning...

Old 10-16-2006, 10:29 PM
No.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Half tons are usually just people movers anyway now. The superdutys are the real trucks, and both chevy and dodge don't have the market cornered like the PSD does. Can't wait for the 08 to come out and show em up even more.

Adrianspeeder

Old 10-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ford's "Truth About Trucks" says Fords are the best.

GM's literature says GM pickups are the best.

Daimler Chrysler literature says Dodge pickups are the best.

Nissan literature says the Titan is the best.

Why do you start these dumb threads? I mean, really?

Old 10-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Every one is biased.

Titan = ugly I mean really is that rice burner in the same prestigious field of trucks.

Chevys Silverado SS IMOP sucks, to me the 454SS was a real sport truck.

Ford kicked *ss with the lightning and now has to be content with the GT and GT 500 no more fast trucks from the Ford stable.

Dodge did the un-american way of making power with a V10 I mean WTF so much for the HEMI wasn't the HEMI a big block??? what a shame.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by SuperSport1985
Every one is biased.

Titan = ugly I mean really is that rice burner in the same prestigious field of trucks.

Chevys Silverado SS IMOP sucks, to me the 454SS was a real sport truck.

Ford kicked *ss with the lightning and now has to be content with the GT and GT 500 no more fast trucks from the Ford stable.

Dodge did the un-american way of making power with a V10 I mean WTF so much for the HEMI wasn't the HEMI a big block??? what a shame.
Umm...

The Titan is in fact in the same league. It's actually better than Ford/Chevy/Dodge in some ways. It's a rice burner who's engine kicks the crap out of the Ford 5.4 any day of the week. All the top manufacturers have their strong points as well as weaknesses.

The SS Silverado may not beat a Lightning or RT-10's but it's a 100% better day to day truck.

Ford also has a V-10. Duh...

The only thing the new "Hemi" has in common with the old one is a name.

KC-10 FE out...

Old 10-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Here's a novel thought.

Why don't we wait until the new Silverado is on dealership lots and gets some test drives under its belt? We won't know anything (or develop opinions) about how the Chevy rides or how quiet it is, etc. until the mass public has access to the Silverado and voices their experience.

As Quintin said, companies can make anything look good on paper. Ford's "The Truth About Trucks" is not the end all evidence to truck superiority as some on here think it is.

I think deep down, Mattineer is scared.

Last edited by KSUWildcat; 10-17-2006 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by KSUWildcat
Ford's "The Truth About Trucks" is not the end all evidence to truck superiority as some on here think it is.
I haven't seen a factual dispute against it yet. Just the frame structure part of the video surprised me.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:13 AM
I've been in the new 2007 Chevy 1500 LTZ crew cab 4X4. I must say it is a really nice truck!! On par with the Lariat! No joke.

This truck has the identical suspension at the F150. They put disc brakes on the rear with the trailer tow package. You can still get drum brakes for the rear if you want it. The box is 2 inches longer in the crew cab if anyone cares. Other then that the trucks are equal? The 5.3 Ltr Flex Fuel is a really nice engine with fuel management. Even the 6.0 ltr has the new fuel management. The frames are now hyroformed for strength too same as the F-150.

Ford is for sure taking notice of this new truck and you should too. Especially if your in the automotive business.

To be quite honest the Dodge Ram is not in the same league at the new Chev / GMC. The current 2 power players are Ford and GM.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:46 AM
The SS Silverado may not beat a Lightning or RT-10's but it's a 100% better day to day truck.
Shouldn't it have been called the Silverado DD. i've yet to come across one with any SS in it

Quick Reply: Is the new Chevy silverado better then f150?