New Ford boss not wasting any time!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Ford boss not wasting any time!

Please no flames for not posting the link because I forgot how! Just read on Wall Street Journal that the new Ford boss just offered ALL 80,000 hourly Ford union workers a buyout WITH the UAW's approval! Can this really mean no more unions for Ford?! This could certainly reflect in the vehicle prices in the near future.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by SAJEFFC
Please no flames for not posting the link because I forgot how! Just read on Wall Street Journal that the new Ford boss just offered ALL 80,000 hourly Ford union workers a buyout WITH the UAW's approval! Can this really mean no more unions for Ford?! This could certainely reflect in the vehicle prices in the near future.
Where the hell have you been redlariateer?? Its just you and i now that 04Red left us to the 250 world...

Old 09-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by trytokeepup
Where the hell have you been redlariateer?? Its just you and i now that 04Red left us to the 250 world...
Hey man, hows it going? I know I know, have been busy at work and spent a week clay bar-ing (sp) Big Red! (dang you and your detailing tips RP!) Was sorry to hear about Red04 moving up but oh well....he must be compensating for something!

Old 09-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey man, hows it going? I know I know, have been busy at work and spent a week clay bar-ing (sp) Big Red! (dang you and your detailing tips RP!) Was sorry to hear about Red04 moving up but oh well....he must be compensating for something!
haha...just wait till he reads that. I havnt been on the boards much myself. Busy with work and getting chased by the ladies. Must be the truck

Old 09-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Well I'm sure you're a handsome enough fella but that red toy sure doesnt hurt trust me! Even Mattineer could get some if he had a red Lariat 4 by. Oh...and thanks for helping me hijack my own thread.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
??

how would it affect vehicle price?? They already build Fusions in Mexico, pay the employees dollars a day and charge $16,000 to over $20,000 per unit?

Old 09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by screwbuilder
how would it affect vehicle price?? They already build Fusions in Mexico, pay the employees dollars a day and charge $16,000 to over $20,000 per unit?
My point exactly. Please dont take me wrong as I know you work in a Ford plant. We are selling the hell out of the Fusion for two reasons...its a hell of a car and the price is way too cheap because its built in Mexico. That car is 4-6k less than a comparable Camry or Accord with the same equipment. Now I realize the imports are also built in non union plants but it sure is helping the fusion.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd be thrilled to see the UAW kicked to the curb.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:48 PM

Hey now, I am just waiting for you suckers to join me in the "white king ranchateer club" .

Old 09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
curb??

wow,lots of hate in that comment.

Last edited by screwbuilder; 09-14-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Unions have had their day and age. They got our employment system to where it is today. To that end, the "entitlement" mentality of most unions is what sparked their downfall.

If Honda/Toyota/etc. can run plants without unions, Ford, GM, and others should be doing the same. You don't see the imports having a problem staying in the black at the end of each quarter/year, do you?

Old 09-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Quintin
I'd be thrilled to see the UAW kicked to the curb.
Damn right. Unions were the best thing that happened to the working man. . . .and the worst thing that happened to our country. 70 years later we have crappy *** built cars that cost way too much and for the most part, couldn't on their best day match up to a typical Jap car. Forget the fact that these whining babies are underworked and waaaaaay overpayed.
Go ahead union folks, I know I'm gonna get piled on, and don't care one bit because the truth hurts don't it?

SL

P.S. I don't blame the workers, I blame the unions.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by screwbuilder
wow,lots of hate in that comment.
Wasn't hate, it was the honest to goodness truth.

The UAW has driven Ford into the ground, seeing to it that workers are getting paid crazy bucks with crazy benefits, retirement packages, pensions, etc., for unskilled work. And to top that off, that overpaid, unskilled work results in an overall poor quality product - and please don't even try to debate that, I've seen too much of it first hand in brand new vehicles, errors in assembly that no way in hell should have slipped through the cracks. It's one thing if they're getting paid big bucks and turning out a good product, but to see first hand this junk that makes it to the dealers? I'll be the first to raise the BS flag and fly it proudly in the face of the UAW.

Want to turn Ford around for the better? Get rid of the UAW for starters.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The company has to offer the union a contract before the union votes on it, so it's the company's fault, not the union.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
The company has to offer the union a contract before the union votes on it, so it's the company's fault, not the union.
Uh huh, and the union votes no until it gets what it wants, otherwise strike talks start. I guess that's the company's fault too. Stupid manufacturers! If they had only hired non-union in the first place. Oh well, hind sight and all that crap.

SL

Quick Reply: New Ford boss not wasting any time!