Ridgeline Humor

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ridgeline Humor

I was just taking a look at the Ridgeline Owners Club forums for a little comedy relief. The difference between Ridgeline owners and the owners of real trucks is amazing. The members' monikers denote much different mentalities. I like most of the names on our forums, because they seem to say more about the trucks than the owners, as opposed to the Ridgeline forum where the opposite is true, and I understand why. There isn't much to say about a Honda car with a cargo box.
Ridgeline owners really push their vehicles to the max. Why, in one post, I read that one owner actually drove his "car" to see how far it would go after the low fuel level light came on.

Now, one should know he is gonna have a problem after coming to the proper conclusion.

Sorry, I just thought that was funny.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by dixieF150scab
I was just taking a look at the Ridgeline Owners Club forums for a little comedy relief. The difference between Ridgeline owners and the owners of real trucks is amazing. The members' monikers denote much different mentalities. I like most of the names on our forums, because they seem to say more about the trucks than the owners, as opposed to the Ridgeline forum where the opposite is true, and I understand why. There isn't much to say about a Honda car with a cargo box.
Ridgeline owners really push their vehicles to the max. Why, in one post, I read that one owner actually drove his "car" to see how far it would go after the low fuel level light came on.

Now, one should know he is gonna have a problem after coming to the proper conclusion.

Sorry, I just thought that was funny.

LOL...The funniest thing is, Ridgeline owners actually think they are driving a truck.

The Ridgeline is really just an Odyssey minvan with a bed on it. I mean how many real trucks have a front wheel drive transverse mounted V6 with a minivan transaxle, a mcpherson strut suspension, no low range on the "four wheel drive" and can't drive on a washboard road without blowing out the struts, and can't even tow a load at speeds greater than 55mph!

Old 08-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Ridgeline

Originally Posted by ozcar2
LOL...The funniest thing is, Ridgeline owners actually think they are driving a truck.

The Ridgeline is really just an Odyssey minvan with a bed on it. I mean how many real trucks have a front wheel drive transverse mounted V6 with a minivan transaxle, a mcpherson strut suspension, no low range on the "four wheel drive" and can't drive on a washboard road without blowing out the struts, and can't even tow a load at speeds greater than 55mph!
Not only that, did you know that the cargo box is only composite?
Check out that forum for yourself. It's a hoot!

Old 08-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the best mod available for the Ridgeline,they need more ***** anyway.
This thread will be moved to G.D. in 5-4-3-2-1

Old 08-26-2006, 10:51 AM
I just popped over there and read a few of their post and for the most part, those guys have nothing bad to say about Ford. As a matter of fact, a lot of them gave Ford props for being a good truck. Now, there are some that will talk smack, but of course we don't have any people here like that.....do we?........

I did see their "Admin" asked them not to come over here and start any trouble because they never end up good. My point is, that sure I don't want a Ridgeline, but if it's a good truck, I'm not gonna knock it. Regardless of if people want to admit it or not, Honda does build great products.
Maybe we can learn something from them if we stop picking and bashing on other brands so much.

my 0.02

Old 08-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm too lazy to look for it, but a couple months ago someone here posted a link to the Ridgeline forum where a guy was complaining that he creased his unibody from flexing it too much driving through the ditch. He then showed a pic of the ditch and truck.... it was an embarrasment to those that claim the ridgeline is a serious truck.

That being said I'm sure it is a good vehicle for the city folk who want the convienence of a truck (for saturday afternoon antique hunting and stuff like that) but do not want/need all that our trucks have to offer. Its a different product that should be marketed to a different demographic.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Lighten Up

Originally Posted by RandallT
I just popped over there and read a few of their post and for the most part, those guys have nothing bad to say about Ford. As a matter of fact, a lot of them gave Ford props for being a good truck. Now, there are some that will talk smack, but of course we don't have any people here like that.....do we?........

I did see their "Admin" asked them not to come over here and start any trouble because they never end up good. My point is, that sure I don't want a Ridgeline, but if it's a good truck, I'm not gonna knock it. Regardless of if people want to admit it or not, Honda does build great products.
Maybe we can learn something from them if we stop picking and bashing on other brands so much.

my 0.02
Lighten up, now. I was just attempting a little good-natured humor, and I did it among Ford friends, not Honda owners. I have no reason to post on their site. Thank you.
I didn't mean to be hard on the owners, just the vehicle. While I do have great respect for Honda products in general, the Ridgeline is a joke el grande when referred to as a truck. I've owned many imports, and Nissan is near and dear to my heart, so my comments were definitely not aimed towards other brands per se. I would actually purchase a Toyota truck before Dodge or Chevy, even though I find the Toyota body style hideous. I just find it amusing that many folks actually consider the Ridgeline to be a "real" truck. It ain't.
Actually, I thought the story of the low fuel level light test would evoke a little laughter. I mean, doesn't the guy understand that he's gonna end up walking?

Old 08-26-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by NASSTY
This is the best mod available for the Ridgeline,they need more ***** anyway.
This thread will be moved to G.D. in 5-4-3-2-1

Agreed.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by dixieF150scab
Lighten up, now. I was just attempting a little good-natured humor, and I did it among Ford friends, not Honda owners. I have no reason to post on their site. Thank you.
I didn't mean to be hard on the owners, just the vehicle. While I do have great respect for Honda products in general, the Ridgeline is a joke el grande when referred to as a truck. I've owned many imports, and Nissan is near and dear to my heart, so my comments were definitely not aimed towards other brands per se. I would actually purchase a Toyota truck before Dodge or Chevy, even though I find the Toyota body style hideous. I just find it amusing that many folks actually consider the Ridgeline to be a "real" truck. It ain't.
Actually, I thought the story of the low fuel level light test would evoke a little laughter. I mean, doesn't the guy understand that he's gonna end up walking?
Dixie, I was not pointing at you at all. I was just trying to make a point, that's all. I do agree with you that it's not a "real truck", but they do build good cars over all. When I made that comment about what their "admin" said, I was not assuming you or any of us did or would go over there and start something. To be honest, there is no comparison between their "trucks" and ours.

But we could learn something from then, and if you have owned imports, I assume you know most of them are of good quality over all.

By the way I did get the part on the low fuel light and thought it was funny, I just forgot to reply on it........

Old 08-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to Gen Disc.

Also, let us be VERY clear on our stance with our members going over and causing trouble on 'opposing' message boards -- this is grounds for immediate and permanent dismissal from our site. All this type of garbage starts is wars between boards which, in turn, turn the admins into disciplinarians and thus, makes things crappy.

While this is a Ford board and thus, I know we'll have anti-other brand threads, we won't tolerate stupidity -- which is a standing rule on just about everything here at f150online.com.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Rock, I want to be very clear on this please. I am NOT in any way saying ANYONE on this board has\will\might go to any other forum and start anyting. I was just making a comment on what their admin said to one of their guys. I know you are just enforcing the rules (which I don't think anyone has a problem with), but I was not trying to imply this had been done over there.

by the way, keep up the good work......

Old 08-26-2006, 02:39 PM
I am NOT in any way saying ANYONE on this board has\will\might go to any other forum and start anyting.
Yeah, no one from here would ever go there and flame out...

I really think that the Ridgeline is built to the specifications of piece of crap and also looks like a piece of crap.

That being said, Im sure it will run for 400,000 miles without having any real mechanical trouble. The scary thing will be when Honda does actually build a real pickup.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Moderator &

Rock, I want to be very clear on this please. I am NOT in any way saying ANYONE on this board has\will\might go to any other forum and start anyting. I was just making a comment on what their admin said to one of their guys. I know you are just enforcing the rules (which I don't think anyone has a problem with), but I was not trying to imply this had been done over there.

by the way, keep up the good work......
I totally understand and appreciate your post Randall... I know what you were saying... I was just putting it out there on the table for all the world to see so that there wasn't any confusion about the policy and the stance that we take here with the site.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
I know we'll have anti-other brand threads, we won't tolerate stupidity

Oh oh -- we're all doomed!

Old 08-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by ddellwo
Oh oh -- we're all doomed!

There are a few here that have higher tolerances than others... take Mattineer for example. If we chucked people for stupidity...well, you can fill in the blanks.

Quick Reply: Ridgeline Humor