Where's the Trick-or-Treaters?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where's the Trick-or-Treaters?

Been dark for an hour now and haven't seen one yet. I just walked out and looked up and down the street, saw one kid about a half block away crossing the street with a parent. Half my neighbors have lights on, waiting for kids. I sure don't want to eat 4 bags of KitKat and Crunch bars all by myself.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's why you always buy the candy YOU like. Because there is always leftover. Actually had quite a few kids here this year. I'm not such a big fan of Halloween. Could take it or leave it.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We went to an open house at a mobile home sales place where area business sit up in each home on the lot and pass out candy. Then we went to a custome party at a friends house where they got more candy. Now is raining, cold, and nasty. So we stayed in tonight.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:10 PM
Tons of kids, running out of candy....

Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
We had about 25 trick or treaters this year. All the candy is gone. None left for me. :o Oh well it beats the last two Halloweens, we were lucky to get 5 or 6 little scary boogers.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:50 PM
I like to let the kids (ages 12-15) take a pick of candy (got an assortment) well a group of about 10 just started acting like a pack of animals fighting over them.

I took it all back and slammed the door, told them to quit acting like animals.

I heard them "kick his pumpkin". At which point I opened the door back up and came outside in a huff and they took off.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The old lady across the street had one solitary little girl (about 5 yrs old, with Dad in tow). For whatever reason she did not come across the street to my house. Perhaps my reputation as a rowdy drunk still hasn't faded away...

I gave up and turned the lights off. I'm not dealing with rowdy teens running around late, and it's getting too late for any more younger kids. At least I won't feel guilty when I don't buy candy next year.

KickinBlue, you want my extra candy?

Old 10-31-2005, 08:28 PM
I have candy, but no trick or treaters. Third floor condo is too much work for the little buggers I guess. I get Reeses Cups every year so that they won't go to waste.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:31 PM
I never have any kids come up to the house. They take one look at my up hill driveway and stroll on down the lane.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
I ran out of candy. I had three bags of stuff but after 20 kids it was all gone. I put a sign up on the door saying I'm out but the butcracks keep ringing the bell.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Not a one here. I got the candy I like. No trick, just treats for me. I like being a grown-up!

Old 10-31-2005, 11:54 PM
I gave out about 20lb of candy this year! Where did they all come from ?

Old 11-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Well as I predicted in my Happy Halloween thread, I had exactly 0 Trick-or-Treaters. We live way to far out of town for the little beggars! Good thing I only bought one bag of candy and it's M&M's!! Yum!!

Old 11-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Went through four bags of candy, and that was with me giving each kid 2-3 pieces. I couldn't even eat two bites of dinner without hearing the doorbell so I just went and sat outside.

I've got a Halloween pet peeve, kids over the age of 13-14 with no costumes who come to your house and want candy. Say you even give them some, then they complain it's bad candy (as if mini twix, snickers and 3 musketeers is bad ) and complain you didn't give them enough. Next year I'm putting up a big sign that says "NO COSTUME, NO CANDY" and I'm going to have two bowls of candy, good stuff and nasty crap like neco waffers, black licorice and that hard pink gum that no one likes. Kids over that age of 13 get crap candy, or maybe i'll give out pennies, I always hated that.

Late night was fun too, all those pissed off kids with no costumes came back with their friends... They didn't count on the fat guy in the bushes with a paintball gun. No house within range of my marker got egged or TPed last night. It's great, you don't even have to hit the kids, just pepper the tree next to them with some glow in the drak paintballs and they freak out.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:15 AM
I hear ya Rocky. I had 3 groups come by my house this year. About 3 in each group thats a total of about 9 kiddo's and 7 costumes. 2 kids didn't even dress up, so I just gave them 1 piece of candy.

I think Halloween is dying. Most people today spend Halloween with their Church. Thats what we do. I dont trust anyone outside the 4 walls I sleep at night...the rest of the world is the enemy.