Where is everyone tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where is everyone tonight?

So I go to the grocery store to get some ice cream. That was over 45 minutes ago (I went to the good store 1.5 miles away instead of the crappy store 3 blocks away). I come back here and there's virtually nothing going on tonight! C'Mon guys, I need some help here. With my bum knee it isn't like I can go out dancing or bowling or something.

Oh, I got Moose Tracks. A rediscovered favorite.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Infront of my computer.......

....wondering how it takes 45 minutes to drive a total of 3 miles and get ice cream

Old 10-19-2005, 09:22 PM
cute mom in the Deli department, another cute mom in the produce isle, then only 2 registers open and I picked the wrong line. Ended up in the dreaded 'check casher/ coupon redeemer/ need manager approval on the check/ ran out of register tape line.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockyJSquirrel
C'Mon guys, I need some help here. With my bum knee it isn't like I can go out dancing or bowling or something.

Ah yes the knee. I have been off work for almost 3 months now due to a knee injury. Almost like in slow motion with the doctors. They are all tring to milk the insurance I guess.
I finally got scheduled to see a surgeon on the 24th of this month so I am still not sure what will be done to my knee.

My mri and x-rays all show no breaks/tears but I am having severe numbness and my knee continues to pop and fly out on me very often.

Maybe we can have like a busted knee party or something.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember when I was laying in bed with my broken back and foot. I was on here 24/7 and I was still bored.

Good luck with the knee!

Old 10-19-2005, 09:44 PM
What happened to your knee? Mine went out Friday. Been icing it over the weekend and the last couple nights I alternated ice and heat. Tried calling an orthopaedic yesterday, his first appointment available was late next week. So of course I said "never mind" and then proceeded to go out and work a couple hours today so it's hurting worse than ever.

mm mmmmmm... that ice cream was goooooood!

Old 10-19-2005, 09:51 PM
I sure could use a busted knee and some time off... Mmmmmm... workman's comp...

Old 10-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by RockyJSquirrel
What happened to your knee? Mine went out Friday. Been icing it over the weekend and the last couple nights I alternated ice and heat. Tried calling an orthopaedic yesterday, his first appointment available was late next week. So of course I said "never mind" and then proceeded to go out and work a couple hours today so it's hurting worse than ever.

mm mmmmmm... that ice cream was goooooood!
I work for a state transit authority and was inspecting a bus and was looking across the garage it was in and missed the second step and my knee got twisted, but the concrete broke my fall. :o

Old 10-19-2005, 10:29 PM
YOU WENT OUT AND DID WOOD TODAY!!!

are you nuts?

give the knee a break
(no pun)

you WILL end up screwing it up worse than it already is

HELLOOOOOO?

have a nice day

...zap!

Old 10-19-2005, 10:40 PM
How does the saying go. Rub dirt in it and take a lap.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=zapster]YOU WENT OUT AND DID WOOD TODAY!!!

You did WHAT?!

Old 10-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Good ol wood.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Originally Posted by shtrdave
How does the saying go. Rub dirt in it and take a lap.
One of my high school buddies just retired from the Marines about 2 years ago. This last summer he coached a little league basebal team. His coaching technique to start with was a little harsh to say the least. LOL The poor kids thought that they were in boot camp! These are 8 and 9 year old boys and girls. When one would fall and start crying then he would tell them to rub some dirt on it and go on. He finally relaxed and let it be just a game for fun, and let the kids have fun. But they got in the habit if they got hurt they took thier coach litterally. They would pick up a handful of dirt and rub on it.

Our first practice game was against them, I knew of this coaching technique as we had discussed our teams throu out practice season prior. About the 2nd or third inning his pitcher was getting tired. He lopped a ball in, it bounced off the ground, went behind the catchers glove and came up to hit the catcher in "the boys". He did have a cup on I found out later that lefty had fallen out so got pinched behind the cup. He went to the ground, I pulled my team back in the dug out and started to walk up as my friend called time out for his team and was walking out too. We got about half way to home plate when the boy stands up, reaches down picks up a handful of dirt. Sticks his hand down his pants and rubs the dirt on it. My buddy just droped and shook his head in misbelief and embarassment. Then the boy says I'm alright, throws the ball back to the pitcher and squats back down. I died laughing that was the funniest thing I had seen at a ball game since the exploding bird.
The boy had a brown stain on the crotch of his pants the rest of the season.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Old 10-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Take it easy on that knee man. I know in your mind you can still scoot along. But if you keep on it up, you might cause MORE damage that WILL haunt you for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

*Caps = emphasizing not yelling.

When you get restless and feel like chopping wood or climbing trees or whatever you do, grab a beer or two and take it easy. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited by Peacemaker; 10-19-2005 at 11:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Where is everyone tonight?