What are things that annoy you when your driving?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are things that annoy you when your driving?

What are soem things that gets on your nerves when you are driving?

This morning i was driving to work and i was going the speed limit comming up to a light. This lady on a cell phone in a mini van zooms by me then all of a sudden starts going like 40 and the speed limit is 55. im like ok. so im in the right hand turning lane and so is she. guess what! she doesnt turn. she blocks me so i cant turn either. the light turns green and she is al ltalking not paying attention. i honked 3 times before she would go! ahhhh i want to strangle her!

Old 07-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Driving slow in the fast lane, not using your turn signal, not paying attention, going the long way from Point A to Point B for no reason, not thinking, getting mad when I tailgate you cause you're going slow in the fast lane, Hitting your breaks hard when I'm tailgating, Driving on My Road, Construction crews, Bikers.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Maroon4x4
What are soem things that gets on your nerves when you are driving?

This morning i was driving to work and i was going the speed limit comming up to a light. This lady on a cell phone in a mini van zooms by me then all of a sudden starts going like 40 and the speed limit is 55. im like ok. so im in the right hand turning lane and so is she. guess what! she doesnt turn. she blocks me so i cant turn either. the light turns green and she is al ltalking not paying attention. i honked 3 times before she would go! ahhhh i want to strangle her!
she was probly just jealous

Old 07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
I hate it when I slow down to give someone an opprotunity to merge or move over into my lane and then they sit there and act like they are scared to move over oir like they aren't sure if I'm letting them in. Drives me nuts, guess that will teach me to be considerate.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Then Don't Do It!! I'm a firm believer that trying to be Friendly on the road creates more problems that it solves. Oh, here's what pisses me off....

When I am on Foot J-walking and the car stops dead in its tracks so I can continue across the road. It's a ROAD, CARS ARE BIGGER THAN ME, IT'S MY JOB TO STAY OUT OF YOUR WAY! Keep Driving and I'll handle it.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fatman66
I hate it when I slow down to give someone an opprotunity to merge or move over into my lane and then they sit there and act like they are scared to move over oir like they aren't sure if I'm letting them in. Drives me nuts, guess that will teach me to be considerate.
I hate when I'm coming up to an onramp and I see brake lights from the car in the merge lane as well as the guy in the lane next to him and nobody in front of either one. You cannot merge if you are stopped! Then when both of you stop, it just creates a ripple effect and your attempt to be nice to one moron results in causing 15-20 vehicles to have to slam on their brakes. People like that cause lots of rear-end accidents, then they just drive on with no clue that they actually set the accident off.

It is the responsibility of the person merging to GET UP TO SPEED so they can MERGE without causing everybody to slam on their brakes.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maroon4x4
What are some things that gets on your nerves when you are driving?

PEOPLE.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
There are ussually signs that tell you which lane is ending. Which ever lane is ending that is the one whos responsibility it is to speed up, slow down to get in a hole.

My biggest pet peave is when someone passes me, 2 lane or 4, then slows down to the same speed or slower.
Second biggest especially when I'm pulling a trailer and even more so when there is nobody behind me and someone pulls out in front of me. Then doesn't accelerate causing me to have to slow down to a crawl. If your not in a hurry then wait 2 seconds and let me get by.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
PEOPLE.
DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!

Those of you who are "considerate" and let others have the right of way when they legally do not:

BEWARE!!!

You could be opening youself up to a lawsuit if they were to get into a wreck because you "directed" them into a movement that caused the wreck...and most likely you are NOT in an authoratative position to do so.

Always be a DEFENSIVE driver....not a PASSIVE one!

By the way, I HATE PEOPLE...ALL PEOPLE....PEOPLE are IGNORANT, CARELESS, NON-ATTENTIVE and DANGEROUS!!!

I am glad that I drive my F150...that way, when these PEOPLE cause me to get into a wreck...I will be able to live through it to thump them with my MAGLITE

Old 07-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Alright, I got some more from my drive at lunch....

People who go slow 500ft from the stoplight in the straight/turn lane because the light is red. Guess what bub, I'm not going straight and I can turn. Let me go, the red light may apply to you but not me.

Second, Small cars like the Mazda Miata. See Complaint A. I think the guy almost got out of his car to brawl... He wasnt happy I almsot drove over his wittle car.

Third, Okay, picture two lanes and a stoplight. The left lane is a left turn only. The right lane is a left turn too but you can also turn right. If your turning left, go in the far left lane. Don't block the right lane from people who may actually want to turn right! This goes double when there is NOBODY in the left lane anyway so its not like you even have to get in a line.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Here is mine:

There is an intersection on my commute to work where the traffic light is controlled by magnetic strips located where the first vehicle would be at the light. When a car pulls over the magnetic strip, the light will change.

The intersecting street has very little traffic so, the light is 'triipped' as soon as a vehicle passes over it.

With very little traffic coming to the light I should have no worries, Right?
WRONG!

Seems like everytime I'm running late, a vehicle ahead of me will make a left turn at this intersection and 'cut the corner' running over the 'trip' and causing the light to turn yellow even there is no traffic at the intersection.
(If there was traffic the vehicle ahead couldn't cut the corner)

I then sit there for a minute and a half even there is no traffic.

I'm to the point where if I see a left signal being given ahead, I accelerate so I can make the yellow light.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
-Brake happy
-Braking while going up hill (take your darn foot off the gas)
-Taking too long to get into a turn lane
-When people are merging on if possible move into the fast lane so people can merge on
-There is a yield sign when merging on to a highway
-motorcyclists splitting lanes (IMO those watch out for motorcyclist bumber stickers are a joke)
-not using turn signals

Old 07-18-2005, 02:14 PM
People who drive slow in the fast lane.

People who, when they are stopped at a stopllight, leave about six car-lengths between their front bumper and the vehicle ahead of them. Like, get your *** up there, you moron!

People who know that they need to turn left, but they pull over into the fast lane about a week ahead of when they need to turn, and then drive slow til they can get over into the left turn lane. Kill 'em!

Getting stopped for loud pipes, and the cop and I have to stop talking when a motorcycle goes by because they are tooloud to allow us to carry on a conversation (and twice as loud as my pipes were).

Old 07-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Originally Posted by UrbanCowboy
...snip..
Third, Okay, picture two lanes and a stoplight. The left lane is a left turn only. The right lane is a left turn too but you can also turn right. If your turning left, go in the far left lane. Don't block the right lane from people who may actually want to turn right! This goes double when there is NOBODY in the left lane anyway so its not like you even have to get in a line.
yea I hate that too.
We have several lights that are 3 lane lights. Left lane is left turn, middle lane is straight and right lane is straight or right turns (right on red). Inevitably there is always that idiot that is going straight in the right lane so traffic that wants to turn right can not procede. This moron often backs traffic in that lane up for 2 or 3 blocks because others that want to turn right at that light have to get in that lane further and further back until it's a jamb past 2 or three other lights like this causing the same problem at them. Because one idiot was legally in the proper lane but common since and coutesy says other wise.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 07-18-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Lots of things that peeve me were already covered, but the thing that really fries me happens all the time on Interstate 5 in California's central valley.

This is a very straight & level freeway, 2 lanes each direction. Marked at 70 mph, but heavily trafficked and most people drive about 80 mph when not obstructed by traffic, trucks.

The problem is when one slow vehicle (usually a big rig) wants to pass another. I've got no beef with the big rigs, it's what the car drivers do when the fast lane gets slowed down. The big rigs can take alot of room and time to pass one another, and this backs fast lane traffic way up, often slowing it down to 55 -65 mph or so for several minutes. You get a line of 20+ cars in the left lane going 55-65 mph waiting their turn to pass the slowest truck. Some yahooo will drive as fast as they can in the right lane, pass as many cars as possible, and then cut over. This causes everyone to jam on their brakes. So everyone is in the fast lane, tailgating in an attempt to keep the yahoos from merging (make them get in line and wait their turn). But they merge anyway and force their way in. Very dangerous and I've seen many near misses and near pile ups. Impossible to drive I-5 without it happening.

Last edited by dirt bike dave; 07-18-2005 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: What are things that annoy you when your driving?