Help save Terri Schiavo!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So long as there's someone willing to care for her, why not let her live?

Seems to me that the husband has someting to gain by letting her die... say a settlement or something?

Old 03-21-2005, 07:52 PM
FYI, she is not on Life Support. There is no plug to pull.

Her 'husband' has seen to it that she has been deprived of therapy and medicaton that may have helped her.

Her husband wants to deprive her of food and water so that she will die of thirst/starvation.

Her husband's 'word' is not enough, IMO, especially if the family disagrees. I choose to err on the side of life and respect the wishes of her family, who would take care of her if her husband and the courts would let them.

Old 03-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Careful FL your heart is bleeding all over the rest of us. How do you know she's not laying there in that bed thinking (doubtful if she can anyway but just for argument's sake) "Please let me die, I just want this to end!" Who is abusing her then? It's not calous or cruel to wish for her to follow nature's course and pass on. It might be considered torture and abuse to keep someone alive in that state just b/c family members can't let go. I would rather see a loved one move on into their afterlife than to linger between worlds in some sort of awful limbo in a state not alive but not quite dead thanks to the "wonders" of modern technology. I guess I'm just some sort of horrible murderer.

Last edited by fatman66; 03-21-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by dirt bike dave

Her 'husband' has seen to it that she has been deprived of therapy and medicaton that may have helped her.

Her husband wants to deprive her of food and water so that she will die of thirst/starvation.
Respectfully there is no therapy or medication for what's wrong with that poor woman. If we had really humane laws in this country allowing merciful euthanasia then she wouldn't have to starve to death.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Ford Lariat
I'm amazed at the sickening type of responses coming from you guys. You know, Terri and her family are not enough of a group to stop this committed abuse from her 'husband.' They can't do it on their own, so some people out there feel this is just plain wrong, as I do. Who is to decide that one person is not good enough to live anymore? NOBODY has that authority, nobody. We are universally all the same, all equal, no body is better than the other person. Just because Terri is in a vulnerable state and the highlight of tv news stations, shouldn't make it easier for the public to freely say, 'let her die.' It shouldn't be washed out just because her story is all over the media. Her husband has started a new family, but he is sick in wanting to end Terri's life; that's all he is concerned about. How SICK could one person be, to be so fixated on somebody's death? Especially their own wife? IMO, nothing can justify that. It's just beyond me how one can say she is 'good for nothing, been dead for 15 years now, and has a brain full of mush.' I'm sure you would take back what you said if you could only hear what that woman thinks! I really hope those of you thinking she should just die and that it's OK for her to starve to death; I hope you don't contribute any of your money to charity or 'good causes.' How can you be in favor of harm on another person, that you don't even know? Can't go wrong with wanting to help anybody, but if you ask me, being in favor of harm on another person just puts you at risk.
I'm not sure who you're talking about, because you aren't describing any facts relating to Schiavos case. Someone posted a link a few posts back to a .pdf file from the guardian Ad Litem appointed by Jeb Bush to look into things. This woman died 15 years ago. Her husband was described by the nursing home people as a nightmare because of his phenomenal devotion to her.

So now the poor guy has to listen to trash like you're writing. You should be ashamed of yourself.

-MNFatz.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by dirt bike dave
FYI, she is not on Life Support. There is no plug to pull.

Her husband's 'word' is not enough, IMO, especially if the family disagrees. I choose to err on the side of life and respect the wishes of her family, who would take care of her if her husband and the courts would let them.
None of this is true.

-MNFatz

Old 03-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport

It would be an extremely tough decision to make because I have no idea what her actual wishes would have been. If it was my daughter I would be torn. Part of me would want to keep her alive even if I knew she would be in a state of no return. Just to have her there, to touch, hug and kiss, to just love and “remember” the good times we shared.

The other part of me would want to let her go, to be in peace and to “remember” her the way she was rather then the way she is. Very tough decision indeed…
Well said 01. Your feelings, and anyone else's would be much the same, and completely selfish. The selfless thing to do for the person you love is to let them go. No one in their right mind would want to live like Terri, to do so would be selfish, if anyone thinks her husband hasn't been through hell for the past 15 years, they're an idiot. I also think this was blown up politically, to make a point. if the federal court review is like that of a person that is going to be executed, why the circus? It should have just been reviewed, and during the previous removals. Too many politicians got involved for the wrong reason's.

Fatman, Rocky

Last edited by momalle1; 03-21-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bye now! enough bullcrap is enough...does anyone in their right mind think that she will actually get better?..i think not ...if it were me i'd say pull the plug..i dont need this....and neither does the rest of the world...zap!

Old 03-21-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm amazed at the sickening type of responses coming from you guys. You know, Terri and her family are not enough of a group to stop this committed abuse from her 'husband.' They can't do it on their own, so some people out there feel this is just plain wrong, as I do. Who is to decide that one person is not good enough to live anymore? NOBODY has that authority, nobody. We are universally all the same, all equal, no body is better than the other person. Just because Terri is in a vulnerable state and the highlight of tv news stations, shouldn't make it easier for the public to freely say, 'let her die.' It shouldn't be washed out just because her story is all over the media. Her husband has started a new family, but he is sick in wanting to end Terri's life; that's all he is concerned about. How SICK could one person be, to be so fixated on somebody's death? Especially their own wife? IMO, nothing can justify that. It's just beyond me how one can say she is 'good for nothing, been dead for 15 years now, and has a brain full of mush.' I'm sure you would take back what you said if you could only hear what that woman thinks! I really hope those of you thinking she should just die and that it's OK for her to starve to death; I hope you don't contribute any of your money to charity or 'good causes.' How can you be in favor of harm on another person, that you don't even know? Can't go wrong with wanting to help anybody, but if you ask me, being in favor of harm on another person just puts you at risk.
Your amazed people have opinions that differ from yours?

Old 03-21-2005, 08:28 PM
No, I am just amazed at your guys's morals.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ccla
Your amazed people have opinions that differ from yours?

whatever ...zap!

Old 03-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, I am just amazed at your guys's morals.
Yeah, we enjoy going around killing people for no good reason.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:32 PM
You probably do

Old 03-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah we have no morals @ all

Old 03-21-2005, 08:37 PM
You probably do
It's the abortion clinic protester mentality. They tout the virtues of our legal system until they lose--then the kicking and screaming starts because everyone else is just wrong.
There is a risk posting about a subject like this. It's possible not every one will agree with your morals(opinion).

Quick Reply: Help save Terri Schiavo!!