Calling All Fat Bastards - click here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
originally posted Jan. 19 2005 when this thread first got going...

Originally Posted by arrbilly
so, now we have the "F150online self help support club".

Hey Habibi, good luck with your program! It looks like you may be starting a trend.

I'm 6'1" and currently 217 lb's. I'd like to get down under 200, but I've been trying to get there for a few years. I've been as big as 235 in the past and that scares the hell out of me! About seven years ago I started getting year long passes to the local rec centre "circuit max". If your town has anything like it, I highly recommend it. Unfortunately, when I broke my arm off last year, I gained 15 lb's back and it took forever to get rid of it again! The arthritus in my back and gimpy knees don't help, but I work through that.

I walk or bike whenever possible and don't drink pop. If you average one soda pop per day, it adds up to 15 lb's per year of extra weight to keep off. I also don't do the alcohol thing and that helps a lot.
I play golf and competitive ball on a regular basis and that helps a lot!
Avoid elevators and use the stairs whenever possible!

Good luck folks! I'm really looking forward to reading the updates on this thread over the next year or so...

since then I've rocketed back up to 235 lbs, partly because of a rather serious motorcycle crash that kept me pretty inactive for quite a while. In the past four months I've got it down to around 205 lbs and I'm so far managing to keep it there. Work stress accounted for 20 lbs in two months and the last 10 lbs came off in ten days of working my *** off (literally!) moving my shop to my new address. Hopefully I'll get a few more off and get it under 200 lbs, but, in a healthier way than the last 30...

regards

Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Arrow

originally posted Jan. 19 2005 when this thread first got going...
since then I've rocketed back up to 235 lbs, partly because of a rather serious motorcycle crash that kept me pretty inactive for quite a while. In the past four months I've got it down to around 205 lbs and I'm so far managing to keep it there. Work stress accounted for 20 lbs in two months and the last 10 lbs came off in ten days of working my *** off (literally!) moving my shop to my new address. Hopefully I'll get a few more off and get it under 200 lbs, but, in a healthier way than the last 30...

regards
Congrats man! You sound like an accident waiting to happen with breaking your arm off and then crashing a motorcycle though...maybe you should take up chess or underwater basket weaving? haha Good job bud!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Arrow

Hello again gents (and any ladies that may be reading). It has been 10 days since my last update...and I've lost 8lbs! I don't expect to keep up this speedy weight loss because I've begun incorporating weight training into my program as of yesterday, but I don't care as much about the weight as the composition of the weight (more muscle, less fat)

Starting weight: 270lbs
Current weight: 262lbs

How'd I do it? So far I've been more careful about my food choices. I'm eating a lot of chicken (sometimes all by itself), and I'm doing my best to split my food up into 5-6 meals per day. A typical day looks like this:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, fruit, water
snack: meal replacement bar or protein shake or packet of chicken
Lunch: chicken and rice or noodles, water
snack: meal replacement bar or protein shake or packet of chicken
Dinner: shrimp or chicken with a small amount of pasta, green tea

I try to keep a bottle of water with me at all times and yes I spend a fair amount of time in the bathroom, but I feel like it gets rid of the toxins so it's worth it to me.

I've also started going to the gym every day like this:

Day 1 Chest,Tri's, cardio
Day 2 Back, Bi's, cardio
Day 3 Shoulders, legs
Day 4 extra cardio
Day 5 Chest,Tri's, cardio
Day 6 Back, Bi's, cardio
Day 7 Shoulders and legs

For extra energy I'm taking N.O.-Xplode about an hour before my workout on an empty stomach. I workout between my afternoon snack and dinnertime.

I've read that Diet sodas are seen as a toxin and is stored in your fat holdings because your body doesn't know what else to do with them. I haven't done the studies myself, but it's enough to make me cut the artificial sweeteners out of my diet...after all they're supposed to cause cancer in lab rats so I can't imagine they're any good for me either.

My Mom has lost one pound and has struggled with her diet but I'm encouraging her and she's exercising more now than she used to...so she's making progress too! We're on our way to better health...join in if you're reading this and wondering, "Should I do this?" You deserve it! Take care!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just started Weight Watchers, again, a week ago Saturday. My wife and I were on in prior to my layoff, and with the working my a$$ off to make the $$ the layoff shorted me on paying for the wedding... We ended up not eating right.

When I first joined WW in Feb '07, I weighed in at 332lbs, I dropped to 292, by July of '07, and shot back up to 306 after the wedding and the holidays...

It is my goal to have my wife see me at the weight, and relative condition that I was in before I moved to the Houston Metro area. Which means I need to drop down to the 190 - 200lb range. I would be VERY happy if I could do this for our first wedding anniversary in December...

Old 01-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by dbhost
I just started Weight Watchers, again, a week ago Saturday. My wife and I were on in prior to my layoff, and with the working my a$$ off to make the $$ the layoff shorted me on paying for the wedding... We ended up not eating right.

When I first joined WW in Feb '07, I weighed in at 332lbs, I dropped to 292, by July of '07, and shot back up to 306 after the wedding and the holidays...

It is my goal to have my wife see me at the weight, and relative condition that I was in before I moved to the Houston Metro area. Which means I need to drop down to the 190 - 200lb range. I would be VERY happy if I could do this for our first wedding anniversary in December...
Congrats for taking a step in the right direction! Do your best to stick with the diet they'll have you on and get out there and get to walkin'! You can do it if I can do it!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've always been a walker... I walk every day for at least a half hour. Today I spent about 5 hours cleaning and re-arranging the garage. (Holiday for us). I spent about 5 hours on it yesterday, and ended up going into work. I am not spending the weekends on rigorous hikes, or whitewater canoeing like I used to before I moved to flat land... But I am learning after all these years how to be active and moving...

Old 01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
hey afburd, i dont know if you would like it or not, but have you tried albacore (tuna) it taste a lot better than tuna and has a lot of protein. but as far as artifical sugars and processed food are the worst as far as weight.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by cdnance
hey afburd, i dont know if you would like it or not, but have you tried albacore (tuna) it taste a lot better than tuna and has a lot of protein. but as far as artifical sugars and processed food are the worst as far as weight.
I HAVE tried albacore (had some for dinner last night actually) and it is pretty tasty. I don't mind the taste of regular tuna either as long as I don't have to eat it more than once a day. I've found that the small packages of Tyson's chicken breast chunks are the best tasting form of "ready to eat" protein that isn't packaged as a protein bar or drink. There a little pricey for what you get it seems, but no one ever said eating healthy was cheaper than eating the junk at McDonalds. Thanks for the tip!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by afburd
I HAVE tried albacore (had some for dinner last night actually) and it is pretty tasty. I don't mind the taste of regular tuna either as long as I don't have to eat it more than once a day. I've found that the small packages of Tyson's chicken breast chunks are the best tasting form of "ready to eat" protein that isn't packaged as a protein bar or drink. There a little pricey for what you get it seems, but no one ever said eating healthy was cheaper than eating the junk at McDonalds. Thanks for the tip!
drink at least 3-4 litres of water per day as it will keep your system flushed out and will help in taking the weight off. Also, tea and unsweetened pineapple help a lot...

regards

Old 01-24-2008, 05:21 AM
Arrow

drink at least 3-4 litres of water per day as it will keep your system flushed out and will help in taking the weight off. Also, tea and unsweetened pineapple help a lot...

regards
Thanks for the tip. I'm currently drinking 4.7 liters of water each day and sometimes I feel like I need even more than that. Sometimes I'll have green tea with dinner, but 9 times out of 10, water is all I drink now.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Try 2 glasses of milk. Skim milk if you must. But you are missing out on all of milk's goodies. While you are at it, get a juicer. Fresh fruit & veggie juice is chock full of goodies.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm down to 240 lbs. from 300 lbs. My goal is around 190 lbs. I'm 5'10" and 61 years old.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm in.

I also need to lose some weight. I was 160lbs when I was 18, I was skinny are a rail but had a lot of muscle, even had the whole 6 pack thing going on! I am now 26 years old and weigh 215lbs and have lost a lot of the muscle I used to have. College was rough on me, to much beer and fast food. My goal is to be down to 175 lbs. I am 5'8" tall and have a larger frame, always have, even at 160lbs, had a large chest (I am a guy you pervs!).

Old 02-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm 16 years old, 6'1'' and 149 lbs. I need to gain weight! lol.

Good luck guys. Nice to see some poeple are taking responsibility in their life. If it helps any, tell yourself thatevery 5 pound you lose is a 0.005% increase in gas mileage!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
**** You!

???

Last edited by 98Lariet4x4; 02-23-2008 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling All Fat Bastards - click here!