Calling All Fat Bastards - click here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so today is not a good time to start, not till the bird and oyster dressing is gone.
Im 6'5" teathering around 272, I am not a fat bastard, but I am not too easy on the eyes in the neked department either (barf). I think my ideal weight is around 248. Any less than that and I look like a redneck crackhead. I can drop 10 -12 lbs standing on my head but it keeps coming back.. sodas, ice cream- candy holidays (trying to save the kids from eating it al you know) I also use bubble gum for concentration, yeah it works for me.
So am I commiting , I might, as I log on here on a regular basis now >>>that just may wind up happening.:santa:

Old 12-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
KickBoxing - The Sport of the Future!!!
- quote Lloyd Dobbler

Old 01-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re-Stuck in the spirit of encouraging folks to stick with their New Years' Resolution to loose weight.

Weighing in... 261# 6'2" Let the fun begin.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Re-Stuck in the spirit of encouraging folks to stick with their New Years' Resolution to loose weight.

Weighing in... 261# 6'2" Let the fun begin.
After a back injury and about 6-8 weeks of no working out plus holidays and vacation, I've packed on a quick 10 or so. I estimate I'm in the low 280s right now.

Official weigh-in is Sunday night, starting Monday. I'm open to another contest and I'll provide the tracking again... Vader, go double or nothing?!!! Or shall I just send the $$ already? Baaawww bwwaack baaawwchawwwk!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 PM
so is round 2 sunday night or whats going on? Cause i'll join in the fun

Old 01-11-2008, 02:14 AM
Arrow

...walks up to the podium and taps the mic...

Hello. I'm Burdman. I've decided to come out of the Fat Bastard closet for the F-150online world to see. I'm 6'3", 270lbs, wearing 44's in the waist. My goal is to lose 50lbs, or as much of it as possible, between now and June 1st, 2008. This is the largest I have ever been, and I'm beginning to have aches and pains in places I shouldn't (mainly my lower back and some in my shoulder blades). I work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, seated at a desk...so my current activity level is comprised of walking 75 feet to the nearest bathroom, walking 1/4 mile to eat Chinese takeout for lunch, and walking 6 feet to the nearest refrigerator for a Diet Coke or bottle of water.

My eating plan (I'm starting today) consists of Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, a salad with chicken or tuna for lunch, and chicken/tuna/fish/shrimp with a serving of vegetables for dinner. For in-between meals, I have whey protein shakes, beef jerky, and sunflower seeds.

My exercise plan (also starting today) consists of cardiovascular activity to include shooting basketball, jumping rope, walking on a treadmill, an elliptical trainer, and recumbent bicycle plus some ab/lower back work to help with posture. I plan to introduce weight training into my program AFTER I've lost most of the fat I want to get rid of.

I could write for days, but I've noticed that most of you have kept your replies short...so I'll do my best to follow suit. It only took me 3 days to read this thread from start to finish.

Let's get another competition going guys/gals...it's always inspiring to know that you're not the only one suffering through your meals/workouts.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Fat Bastard checking in, man *****, stretch marks, double chin and all.

6'4 304lbs of fat giggling blubber. the lightest i have weighed in a long time was 274 last summer. the heaviest i have gotten was 318. people say i look good and i carry my weight well, yada yada, but thats thier being nice and i wear nice comfortable "baggyish style" clothes so you dont see all the roles on my side.

***god listening to myself talk while im typing this i sound disgusting***

how bout this. im making a rule. I cannot moddify my stock 04 until i loose 30lbs. that would be a good start eh?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by RightTurn
Fat Bastard checking in, man *****, stretch marks, double chin and all.

6'4 304lbs of fat giggling blubber. the lightest i have weighed in a long time was 274 last summer. the heaviest i have gotten was 318. people say i look good and i carry my weight well, yada yada, but thats thier being nice and i wear nice comfortable "baggyish style" clothes so you dont see all the roles on my side.

***god listening to myself talk while im typing this i sound disgusting***

how bout this. im making a rule. I cannot moddify my stock 04 until i loose 30lbs. that would be a good start eh?
Sounds like a good rule to me big guy. Glad to see someone else here ready to make a change. I've asked people all around what they think I weigh and everyone has guessed 30-40lbs less than actual. I've watched myself balloon into 270 (why I didn't stop it, I chose food over my health, mistake!) and I first put on the fat around my belly, then around my organs...which is why I appear to carry it well...it's not "hanging" off of me as much as it is INSIDE. The fat around the organs is what has me scared silly, because it seems common sense that if your organs have less room to operate, they won't be as efficient. I was in a Sports Medicine program for a year, but my facts are a bit rusty. Let's get this thread active again and make 2008 the year where we become half the men/women we used to be.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:52 AM
6'3" 272 myself. i have been going to the gym for about the past 6 weeks, so i will just start from here. im not so much worried about weight as i am fat. my goal is to lose fat.

so how exactly does this contest work? am i allowed to even be in the contest since it isnt a weight thing for me? let me know i think the competition will help me out a lot for motivation.

good luck to everybody else too.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:21 AM
well i just went back and actually read approx 10 pages of this thread and there are alot of motivational posts and some great success stories.

i hope i can be one of those stories.

I smoke too. I quit last year for 7 weeks, but started up again. the whole thing was over a girl, she told me to stop, so i did. it was really easy because I WANTED TO, then she left with someother fatass so i decided to start right back up again. i should do them both at the same time (wieght loss and quit smoking). i know what its like not to smoke it feels great. and im sick of being out of breath at the top of stairs, or not being able to breath when i bend over to tie my shoe.

i used to practice a "3 day diet" from the American Heart Association that said you could loose up to 10lbs in a week. and they were about right, i was loosing 8-9lbs a week if i was honest and ate exactyl what they said, but at that time i didnt exercise. the other 4 days a week i was worried about over eating so i really did watch what i eat. thats when i noticed i was the lightest in years at my 274. dont know if i would like to start that again, but i do know i want to get out more and get my heart rate moving more often.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by cdnance
6'3" 272 myself. i have been going to the gym for about the past 6 weeks, so i will just start from here. im not so much worried about weight as i am fat. my goal is to lose fat.

so how exactly does this contest work? am i allowed to even be in the contest since it isnt a weight thing for me? let me know i think the competition will help me out a lot for motivation.

good luck to everybody else too.
Congrats on sticking to the gym for 6 consistent weeks! What differences (good/bad/indifferent) have you noticed so far?

I started out not caring much about the weight itself either...just wanted the right composition (mostly muscle, very little fat). But I've lately changed my mind because I don't think my frame is really made for 270lbs, even if I'm mostly muscle. Bones have a limit, and I can tell my from aches and pains that I'm pushing mine.

There isn't officially a contest that I'm aware of. Through my readings of the thread there was a handful of people that decided to work on weight-loss (and a couple that were trying to add muscle-mass) at the same time and used this space to keep one another motivated. I'd be happy to take over Habibi's place as the ring-leader if necessary. I want to be an inspiration to people that feel it cannot be done, and I want others to inspire me with their efforts as well!

Old 01-11-2008, 03:45 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by RightTurn
well i just went back and actually read approx 10 pages of this thread and there are alot of motivational posts and some great success stories.

i hope i can be one of those stories.

I smoke too. I quit last year for 7 weeks, but started up again. the whole thing was over a girl, she told me to stop, so i did. it was really easy because I WANTED TO, then she left with someother fatass so i decided to start right back up again. i should do them both at the same time (wieght loss and quit smoking). i know what its like not to smoke it feels great. and im sick of being out of breath at the top of stairs, or not being able to breath when i bend over to tie my shoe.

i used to practice a "3 day diet" from the American Heart Association that said you could loose up to 10lbs in a week. and they were about right, i was loosing 8-9lbs a week if i was honest and ate exactyl what they said, but at that time i didnt exercise. the other 4 days a week i was worried about over eating so i really did watch what i eat. thats when i noticed i was the lightest in years at my 274. dont know if i would like to start that again, but i do know i want to get out more and get my heart rate moving more often.
I've never been a smoker, but I've known plenty and they all say it's incredibly tough to quit. I can relate on something being hard to quit...I was raised not to leave anything on the plate because someone, somewhere, would be happy to get it. My parents had the best of intentions, but that practice has had a terrible impact on my health over the years, so it's time for a change.

There's no doubt in my mind that you can quit smoking during the process of transforming your body into the sex-machine it was made to be. haha Plus your breath will smell better so you'll be attracting more ladies...WOOHOO!

My Mom has a diet posted on her refrigerator that sounds like what you've described. She has also said that it works, but it seems so extreme to me that it would be unrealistic to maintain it for more than a couple weeks or a month at worst. Everyone is different and there may be people that can stay on it for extended periods of time...I just don't think it's a healthy approach for my situation.

Hopefully you can find an activity that you enjoy that gets you up and moving, like some of the ones I listed that I'm going to be doing. I've found that when I'm using stationary equipment (treadmill/elliptical/recumbent bike), it helps to watch television or listen to the iPod because it takes my focus off of "How much longer do I have to do this!?"

Old 01-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by afburd
Congrats on sticking to the gym for 6 consistent weeks! What differences (good/bad/indifferent) have you noticed so far?

well, i have noticed a big differance in my overall energy. i dont feel tired all the time. i can breathe a lot better, but i also quit smoking when i started the gym. i can also tell that i am building mass, and strength. and my gut has even gotten a little smaller. but from an everyday standpoint, i feel like a completely differant person.

but one thing about my experience is that right before i started going to the gym, i had been smoking a pack a day for the past 6 years, and had also been a borderline alcoholic. and for some reason i woke up one day and decided to change things around. stopped both, with the occasional drink, just dont go overboard wasting my check at the liquor store and passing out every night.

one last thing. i know it isnt really a competition, but i am competitive, very competitive, so if i look at it like it is, maybe i can draw some motivation from it.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by cdnance
well, i have noticed a big differance in my overall energy. i dont feel tired all the time. i can breathe a lot better, but i also quit smoking when i started the gym. i can also tell that i am building mass, and strength. and my gut has even gotten a little smaller. but from an everyday standpoint, i feel like a completely differant person.

but one thing about my experience is that right before i started going to the gym, i had been smoking a pack a day for the past 6 years, and had also been a borderline alcoholic. and for some reason i woke up one day and decided to change things around. stopped both, with the occasional drink, just dont go overboard wasting my check at the liquor store and passing out every night.

one last thing. i know it isnt really a competition, but i am competitive, very competitive, so if i look at it like it is, maybe i can draw some motivation from it.
It sounds to me like giving up smoking, drinking, and getting yourself in the gym for the past 6 weeks straight may have actually saved your life! I'm happy for you and proud of you too for being man-enough to realize you had a problem, choosing to do something about it, and taking corrective action instead of just talking about it. We both know it's easier said than done.

I agree with you that making it out to be a competition in my head helps drive me harder towards my goals. The part of doing this that makes me the happiest is that I've got my MOM interested in losing 30lbs with me. She sends me encouraging e-mail at least once a day and I'm doing the same for her. We're keeping one another's eating in check, which is a huge help for me since that's the part I've always struggled with.

Just in the past few days of spreading my meals out across 5-6 meals per day, cutting out the Diet Coke (I didn't drink the sugar-filled stuff in the first place), and adding as much water as I can stomach, the heartburn that used to wake me up in the middle of the night has VANISHED. I don't have a tape measure handy, but my jeans fit me a little more loose this morning...so I'm making progress!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
yeah i had the heartburn too. but now that you mention it, i havent noticed it in a long while. it's amazing what just a little effort can get you!

Quick Reply: Calling All Fat Bastards - click here!