04 GMC Sierra HD & F250 commercial

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 GMC Sierra HD & F250 commercial

The GMC is driving down one lane dirt road hauling a trailer and for about a glimpse they show a F250 hauling a trailer following behind him. Voiceover says something like "try as they might, they can't catch us" then there's no more F250. I think comparing 'their' company against 'ours' shows a lack of sureness in their industry. And the fact that they showed very little of 'us' shows that they are scared! Deep down they know they're wrong

Old 11-24-2003, 08:59 AM
I love GMC advertising.

"Professional Grade"

And yet they are mechanically identical to Chevy.

So is Chevy professional grade as well?

If so, why do I buy a GMC?

In today's day and age, GM needs to kill GMC and put all trucks out there as Chevy.

Merc/Lincoln dealers sold Ford trucks for years without the need for Mercury pickups and cargo vans.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good point J-150...

FoMoCo attempted to put a Lincoln truck on the market a couple of years ago (hence, the Blackwoods) but flopped miserably as they couldn't move them.... then again, a $50K truck is hard to swallow for a lot of people...

Old 11-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Chevys are great grocery grabbers or long haulers, but anyone who says thier profesional grade cheby can work like a Ford is either ignorant or only fooling themselves.

Old 11-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GM needs to kill GMC and put all trucks out there as Chevy.
wonder what that would do to total sales and if it would be enough to knock ford off as #1 in sales. makes you wonder why they dont do that or if they dont think making that claim means anything.

Voiceover says something like "try as they might, they can't catch us" then there's no more F250. I think comparing 'their' company against 'ours' shows a lack of sureness in their industry. And the fact that they showed very little of 'us' shows that they are scared! Deep down they know they're wrong
its a commercial, they reason they show very little of the ford is because they paid for it to sale chevy trucks, why would you show the competion?

Old 11-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Hey, I own a GMC and im perfectly happy with it.

IMO theres nothing wrong with them, I actually like them better than chevy.

Ford is still the best though

Old 11-25-2003, 12:54 PM
I've had 2 GMC S-15 Jimmys over the years and to be perfectly honest there are some mechanical differences between the GMC and Chevy. For example I know for a FACT that not one cigarette lighter from any S-10 truck or blazer would fit in my dang S-15 cigarette lighter hole. The S-10's lighters have a smaller diameter and just rattle around in there. It must be the "professional grade" difference.

chknbone

Old 11-25-2003, 01:37 PM
We just bought a new GMC. It is far supperior to the Ford congruent to it.

Quick Reply: 04 GMC Sierra HD & F250 commercial