F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

I promised I wouldn't post these but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the guy just bought the truck on Friday and then ruined it on Saturday he probably didn't even have time to get it insured. I didn't insure mine for about a month. I know it was a long time but I'm lazy.
I feel bad for him, sure he's retarded but you know he just got a new job and he was proud of the truck he bought. He was just trying to show off to much. you live and you learn.
But without insurance that 5,000 is coming out of his pocket. Also won't this go on the vehicles perminent record- flood victim.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You drove a month without insurance?!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Here in RI they won't let you leave the lot without proof of insurance.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Graphics Contributor
ouch.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would not call him an idiot. He has more ***** than I, taking that truck out with that many miles on it. Very balsy. It's unfortunate the truck couldn't hang with his personality

Old 04-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I'd love to have a truck like that... Sad to see it ruined...

Seriously, why can people like that, who can throw money away like there is no tomorrow, and buy me a nice F-250... such a waste...

I could of used a truck like that the other day too.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Wow....nice truck...or was.....I wouldn't even go off road with a truck that new.

P.S. - Truck Does not = Boat

Old 04-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by DeathMetalTruck
P.S. - Truck Does not = Boat
no kidding... whata fool

Old 04-19-2008, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tical84
look at that pic ^^^. the air intake is at least 6-8 inches out of the water. and he clearly didn't "hit" the puddle while hauling butt...the hood and grill are spotless. so there simply ain't any way water got into the motor and caused hydrolock...unless there is some stupid Ford engineering on Superduties that puts the intake way down low.

honestly, the picture looks staged to me. a truck under it's own power would have slung mud at least somewhat on the bed, and the tires would be filthy. the more I look at it, the more I'm inclined that it was either towed there, or simply allowed to just roll to a stop in there...but not under power. I'm still thinking a scam, or something else happened, and this is the "story"

also, maybe I'm just out of it, but I'm thinking 50% or better of the F-150's in this forum could make it through there without any hydrolocking issues...mud tires might be required, but I'd bet money my F-150 could do it just fine. a Superduty is only a few inches taller than a F-150, and not really even that much when the F-150 has been leveled

Originally Posted by DeathMetalTruck
Wow....nice truck...or was.....I wouldn't even go off road with a truck that new.
I waited about 4 days myself, but then I did this

and I wish I had pics of the mud pit about 200 yards past this rock pile. we couldn't see the front/rear bumpers while slogging it out...stupid yes, but alot of fun

Last edited by Tylus; 04-19-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:32 AM

oh man i want to cry.

poor truck.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by Tylus
...honestly, the picture looks staged to me...
Really? It may look staged but do you honestly think someone would tow a <72 hour old truck into a giant puddle like that?

The rumour around class was it was hydrolocked but that was before any official diagnostics and after going to Ford today to take a look, the engine bay doesn't look that bad (Take a look at the pic). I've also heard you shouldn't shut off the truck if the tailpipe is submerged because it causes a syphoning effect (again, another rumour). Maybe that has something to do with it. Then again, maybe it just doesn't start because the wiring harness was ruined. Can't start if there's no power.

I'll have more info when they start to really tear it down.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:19 AM

yeah...I've got to stick with a staged look IMO. Truck is just to dang clean and the whole scene doesn't remind me of 2+2=4. I remember when I was younger and did some stupid things...I went through an aweful lot of crap to hide some really really bad crap

oh well, that's between his wallet and the dealership I suppose

but yeah, I'd suppose the culprit is wiring. all the manufacturers have gotten good at water isolation, but stuff happens...anybody ever drive one of those old transverse front wheel drive Buicks? ours used to just die out every time it rained. water from puddles on the road would get the Distributor wet at the drop of a hat.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:37 AM
As for the insurance issue, I know here in illinois, you have 30 days... yes, 30 days after you purchase a vehicle to get insurance IF you had prior insurance on a prior vehicle - like a trade or if you sold your other vehicle. If he has another auto policy for a vehicle somewhere else, he should still be covered. Now, dreaming up a story about how his dog sat on the driver's floor mat and his azz accidentally pressed the brake and then he lifted his head up and smacked the transmission lever into neutral allowing the truck to roll into the puddle (after the dog jumped on the seat to see why the truck was moving)... breath... well. then, that will be interesting!

Oh, and if it is staged, who in their right mind would let all that water in on the floor? I can see staging it within 1/8" of the water flowing into the cab, but to actually do it? To me, "stage" implies someone performing for a photo shoot. To let water in the cab to make it really look "sunk" is, well, he's stipid. There is no other word for it!

Old 04-19-2008, 10:45 AM
why do you keep thinking this is fake and that your being tricked, you can clearly see that its real. i suppose the pictures in the dealership with everything torn out is staged as well to be part of the trick and that they just whipped everything back together afterwards.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:48 AM
I dont know about in BC but when I bought my truck the dealership wouldn't let me drive away until my insurance company faxed over proof that I insured the truck.

Quick Reply: I promised I wouldn't post these but...