Old 04-13-2015, 02:23 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
The Exhaust Guide

Find out the do’s and don’ts for you next exhaust.

Topics Include:
• Configurations
• Mufflers
• Cats and Catless
• Tips and Exits
• Pip material and Bends
• Recommended Items for Purchase

Read full discussion for further information
Print Wikipost

THE Exhaust Guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ShavedBlack07
Would a SIDO sound better than a SISO? Thinkin of doing the SIDO but was wondering if you would be able to tell a sound difference?
Sound quality is about the same. Volume and sound projection will be better on the SIDO, but that's really it.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome write up! hopefully i can save up enough soon to swith out my SIDO for a true dual setup...

Old 10-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I bought a pair of 94106's from performance peddler and right now im sitting at the exhaust shop and after an hour and a half of waiting for them to get a hold of magnaflow to verify that the cats will work magnaflow tells them that they will obsoletely not work and will trip the engine light. WTF. I know I read in this thread as well as others that they work fine with no issues if the 02's are installed right after the cats. But they said they can't do it and are currently installing my flowmaster as we speak. Any advice? This shop is known for custom exhaust work as well but I guess don't wanna be liable for the engine light

Old 10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
There will be no CEL. Tell them to install the cats any way or take it some where else.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Guess I might have too...

Old 10-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I went to PepBoys here locally. And they have a magnaflow 11256 Any idea on this one??

Old 10-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah, don't buy anything locally. Especially at Pep Boys. The general consensus here is Bullets, Magnapacks, and Borlas.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:56 AM
I looked up the part # and it was one of the better ones.. I think!
Hoping to maybe get a reply from someone who has bought that model.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:05 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Crash!
I posted this here because it explains how exhaust setups affect supercharger and turbocharger performance...

Cherry Bomb / Flowmaster... Good information here!
guess I'll leave this here

Originally Posted by article
through the X with both sides feeding off each the other. At the same time, when the sound frequencies meet at the X, there’s a cancellation of sound frequencies (generally the lower frequencies) and it gives it a higher pitched tone while helping reduce the overall sound level.”

“A traditional H pipe or balance tube also relieves the pressures that build up,” Dotson continues. “An H pipe will generally provide an increase of horsepower and torque on most engines regardless of cubic inches. The exhaust gases don’t flow through the H pipe, but the sound frequencies do, and the cancellation that takes place creates a deeper, smoother tone than the X design, and also eliminates back rap on deceleration.”

Old 10-09-2010, 09:59 AM
“Flowmaster’s patented chambered technology uses the sound energy to help both scavenge exhaust and cancel sound frequencies through its free flowing design,” Dotson claims. “This design incorporates a “V” deflector that splits exhaust gases and sound frequencies as they enter the muffler, then redirects them through a collector which produces a low pressure area behind the deflector. This low pressure area aids in not only scavenging the remaining pulses from the combustion chamber down through the muffler, but at the same time cancels the same like frequencies as they are rejoined behind the deflector. Flowmaster also has models available with a built in “tuning chambers” to reduce and control specific frequencies, controlling interior resonance inside the cab area of vehicle without affecting vehicle performance.”

I loled at this.

“Muffler design would take a lot more time to explain, but if you’re going for all-out horsepower you want a straight-through design,” Graves explains.

I do have to agree with Mr. Flowmaster on this one.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Selling my magnaflow 94106's. Thread in the classified section.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:06 PM
That's unfortunate. I'm guessing you weren't able to convince the shop to use the cats or find one that was willing to cooperate?

Old 10-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
That's unfortunate. I'm guessing you weren't able to convince the shop to use the cats or find one that was willing to cooperate?
No I never tried to have them installed after the 1st time. I'm ok with the sound with the flowmaster for now just need the money

Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by ShavedBlack07
So I bought a pair of 94106's from performance peddler and right now im sitting at the exhaust shop and after an hour and a half of waiting for them to get a hold of magnaflow to verify that the cats will work magnaflow tells them that they will obsoletely not work and will trip the engine light. WTF. I know I read in this thread as well as others that they work fine with no issues if the 02's are installed right after the cats. But they said they can't do it and are currently installing my flowmaster as we speak. Any advice? This shop is known for custom exhaust work as well but I guess don't wanna be liable for the engine light
Hey where did you take your truck? Did you get the hi-flows on? Did it trip a light? I was gonna order and maybe I'll take mine to the same place...

Old 10-13-2010, 10:44 PM
your Exhaust FAQ

Great article... I have quick question if you don't mind. I have a 2008 Limited AWD 5.4, and this week the Roush S/C is getting installed. This should bring me to about 330Rxhp and i then plan on using Troyer or Justin to retune me along with a 2.8" pulley change to bring me up to about 275rwhp. I had been really keen on the Roush Side exit off road exhaust, but after reading your article, i don't see any kind of X connector in their package. Do you have a recommendation for most HP increase and best sound for a setup kike mine? Sorry for teh long request. I am new here.

Quick Reply: THE Exhaust Guide