Gotts and Removed Silencer

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha. I like that. If I get a light again, I'll get it checked out and see whats going on. If not, I'll probably just leave it in at this point. I was excited to give it a go though. Thanks for everything.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by russ10screw
Ok y'all, don't know how, but I always find a way for something crazy to happen to my mods. "Service Engine Soon" light came on tonight. I have to believe, related to the removal of my silencer. What could have caused this? I'm going to reinstall it which will reset the computer since I'm disconnecting the battery. I'll check all my connections, but any thoughts as to why mine decided to throw a light, when it seems no one elses has? Thanks.
Too weird....so many people on her have done that mod with no complaint about drone including myself...are you sure something is not loose or leaking air somewhere...the gotts intake and removing the silencers should not cause an annoying drone....at least not many people have had this complaint....

Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lariat '06
Too weird....so many people on her have done that mod with no complaint about drone including myself...are you sure something is not loose or leaking air somewhere...the gotts intake and removing the silencers should not cause an annoying drone....at least not many people have had this complaint....
Those were my thoughts exactly. All I had heard was whether people felt there was really any benefit. Said there was some increase in noise when accelerating, which I was ok with. But the noise I got was no good. I don't know how to check for leaks any other way. I checked every connection and made sure it was nice and tight.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by russ10screw
Those were my thoughts exactly. All I had heard was whether people felt there was really any benefit. Said there was some increase in noise when accelerating, which I was ok with. But the noise I got was no good. I don't know how to check for leaks any other way. I checked every connection and made sure it was nice and tight.
What did you plug your holes with when you removed the silencers?

Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 AM

I have an 02, my setup is different than yours. There are no external holes to plug. Its all still contained within that elbow. In my body style, there's only one silencer and its found inside the intake, not on the outside like yours.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:03 PM
where is the silencer on a 98 4.6 f150 and what does it look like

Old 03-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Its most likely a loose connection on the MAF, I would say maybe also a dirty MAF but you never stated rough idling, so a connection somewhere is hurting. Silencer removal never triggers CEL.

Quick Reply: Gotts and Removed Silencer