drone

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drone

I posted a message a while ago about my airaid intake making a loud noise at about 1800rpm. I still have not found a solution, and would like to know if anyone else has found a way to quiet it down a little.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Need more info. Engine size, all mods. Truck specs.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
it is an 07 f150 FX4 4x4 5.4L, and i have the evo as well and it is the airaid cold air intake i think the number is 400-140-1.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by jamieFF
it is an 07 f150 FX4 4x4 5.4L, and i have the evo as well and it is the airaid cold air intake i think the number is 400-140-1.
The Edge EVO is causing your intake to drone. This happen to me with my S&B cai also. Besides that it caused my truck to run lean. Return your truck back to stock and see if it still drones, my bet is that it wont. The Edge tunes are for stock trucks without any mods. There is a guy here named Bill that could help you out if it is the Edge.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Before I bought the evo I asked edge if the airaid and the evo were compatible and they said yes. Anyway I'll try it out, I also have to get Bill's help with a minor glich with the evo. How does one get a hold of Bill?
Thanks

Last edited by jamieFF; 11-08-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I think Bill is on vacation this week. He is the best, thats why everybody asks for his help. I had a custom aluminum intake on my truck I had to remove when I put my Evo on. Runs great now. I want to get Bill to do some custom tunes so I can use it again. He can hook you up.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Before I bought the evo I asked edge if the airaid and the evo were compatible and they said yes. Anyway I'll try it out, I also have to get Bill's help with a minor glich with the evo. How does one get a hold of Bill?
Thanks
I called Edge also and they told me that there tune are for stock trucks only. So I asked them if they plan on coming out with a update/tune for people with cai/exhaust and they said no because they have so many trucks to tune. My truck was running very lean so I decided not to take a chance and get a Troyer tune. Good luck, hope Bill can help.

Trending Topics

Old 11-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I have the roush version & at around 1600-2000rpm on the highway with my a/c on in the summeritme it drones very loud. It sorta vibrates the truck when I am going from an idle speed and punch the gas. Come around tax time I'm going with a AF1 from troyer & hopefully that will fix the whole droning problem

Old 11-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Question

so basicaly with the stock intake the evo will run fine? How much power really will I lose to send the airaid away and replace it with the stock intake???? And if I can send it back or what ever what intake should I use? Do you think I'll still have the shutter in lvl 3?????? I need help

Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
so basicaly with the stock intake the evo will run fine? How much power really will I lose to send the airaid away and replace it with the stock intake???? And if I can send it back or what ever what intake should I use? Do you think I'll still have the shutter in lvl 3?????? I need help
The shutter in level 3 is a glitch in the Edge programing, this guy Bill can help you with that. If you go back to a stock intake you will notice a difference. Get intouch with Bill he can send you an update/tune for your truck for $50 and you dont have to get rid of anything.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by truckncrew04
I know exactly what you mean. I have the roush version & at around 1600-2000rpm on the highway with my a/c on in the summeritme it drones very loud. It sorta vibrates the truck when I am going from an idle speed and punch the gas. Come around tax time I'm going with a AF1 from troyer & hopefully that will fix the whole droning problem
I have the AF1 with the Edge and mine drones also. Im thinking of getting a custom tune from TP. But im not sure it will get rid of the drone, which seems to be inherent to all after market CAI from what i have read.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by Irish FX4
I have the AF1 with the Edge and mine drones also. Im thinking of getting a custom tune from TP. But im not sure it will get rid of the drone, which seems to be inherent to all after market CAI from what i have read.
Well, I've been using the 3" AF1 since March on my 4.6l Screw and there's no drone at any speed... It's audible when gettin' on the gas, as it should be, but never any drone, if you mean aggravating noise when cruising at a given rpm..

And I've had Troyer tunes for about 3 weeks now and if anything the sounds from the AF1 are lower than before the tunes... No idea how that could be.. LOL.. but it is..

Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 AM
x2...aside from my current edge issue, i have an 05 scab 4.6 with maggie and airaid intake and i get 0 drone pre and post edge and i have had her open multiple times to the tune on 110+ on the highway with no drone. now if there is a tune to kill the wind sound, please post quickly, you may wanna check to see if your intake tube is properly installed.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by cookiesp
x2...aside from my current edge issue, i have an 05 scab 4.6 with maggie and airaid intake and i get 0 drone pre and post edge and i have had her open multiple times to the tune on 110+ on the highway with no drone. now if there is a tune to kill the wind sound, please post quickly, you may wanna check to see if your intake tube is properly installed.
The drone isnt at wot its at 1800 rpms and it seems to be on the 5.4. I also heard that the Troyer tune wont have the drone. I should be getting mine in 2 weeks.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
The drone isnt at wot its at 1800 rpms and it seems to be on the 5.4. I also heard that the Troyer tune wont have the drone. I should be getting mine in 2 weeks.
Hey 05supercrew,

Let me no if the Troyer tunes help with the drone. Im thinking of ordering them myself.
My drone is not there all the time!!! It only shows up at certain RPM's and under a load. It can get loud but i no how to feather the pedal to avoid the loud drone.

Quick Reply: drone