Roush off road sound level?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow legal sound sure is much quieter.

Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
They are stainless....just don't like the winter grime.
oh ok. when I get my other trucks system finished i'm not expecting to see any rust on the maggies even when their covered in salt this winter. just plan to wipe it off & polish them on some warm days.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by 2005lariatky
is the off road kit made with tips that point to the side instead of out the back? i like that look better, plus it is better for towing.
I don't think so - I believe the Roush kits are almost identical, except for the muffler. They are both straight back.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by 2005lariatky
is the off road kit made with tips that point to the side instead of out the back? i like that look better, plus it is better for towing.
I had to have mine custom made to have that look.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-13-2007, 08:09 PM
I had a question....

The very first bracket you have to take off on the stock exhaust to take the stock one off, its like a little circle with a nut on the end to keep this pipe attached to the other one running towards the front of the truck...

I take that nut off, but then for some reason the bracket is still holding as firm as it was prior to taking the nut off, is it rusted so bad it wont come off?

I cant figure it out, as this seems like a very simple process, and I cant find anyone even remotely close that will do this thing for anything under like $150....

Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Thats exactly the sound I'm lookin for. Not too loud but still has the rumble.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Favre
I had a question....

The very first bracket you have to take off on the stock exhaust to take the stock one off, its like a little circle with a nut on the end to keep this pipe attached to the other one running towards the front of the truck...

I take that nut off, but then for some reason the bracket is still holding as firm as it was prior to taking the nut off, is it rusted so bad it wont come off?

I cant figure it out, as this seems like a very simple process, and I cant find anyone even remotely close that will do this thing for anything under like $150....
If the bracket you speak of is on the end of the last remaining exhaust pipe section left on the truck (where the new system ties on), it stays with the left in-place pipe as it is spot welded on the pipe. The Roush kit should come sleeve right on the stub left in place and bolt up with the old clamp to make the connection to your new system. Seem my gallery for pictures of the system before it was onstalled on my 2007 Screw. The pre-mufler section is the long piece with minimal bends.

Last edited by Smokewagun; 11-13-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
If the bracket you speak of is on the end of the first pipe (closest to the front of the truck before the muffler) you took off, it stays (it is welded) with the removed pipe. The Roush kit should come with a new clamp to connect your new system to the old pipe.

I sincerely hope Im not that much of an idiot, but at the same time, its very plausible.

MY only thing then is, you know how the small thing pipes that go into the rubber spacers, (I believe these parts are called hangers..) kind of just chillin in there, once I take the nut off in step one, is it just as simple as taking the rubber spacers out of the hole they are fit into, and then sliding the exhaust off?

The directions are so vague I'm trying to figure it out before I go and **** something up.

BAsically the direction say

1. Remove that Nut I talked about earlier

2. Lubricate all brackets and hangers

3. Remove the stock exhaust

Im just like, What the hell ?

So, Yeah, Anyone gimme a minor rundown on the steps to removing the stock exhaust?

The directions to put on the new Roush one seemed okay, but taking off the stock on made me confused.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Favre
So, Yeah, Anyone gimme a minor rundown on the steps to removing the stock exhaust?
I just installed mine last week. Never worked on an exhaust before, so there may be guys with better advice, but... I had the same problem you are describing. I ended up cutting the muffler loose at both ends with a sawzall and metal blade (be sure not to cut anything that you need obviously). After that I coaxed the muffler out of the rubber hangers and the rest came off piece by piece with just a little coaching back and forth and lots of lube on the rubber hangers. As you say, the install directions are more clear, the only issue I had was with the clamps, I had to tighten them quite a bit tighther than the specs, to get a nice tight grip. Then its just an exercise in patience to get the tips adjusted evenly. Good luck!

Old 11-13-2007, 11:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got mine off in one piece. Just remember there is a metal nipple that locks into the first exhaust joint where the old exhaust comes off and the new exhaust connects. You have to twist it and pull, but I had to twist and tap with a 1# sledge.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Here are some pics

:P

Here's the bracket

Where its located

That little half cylinder thing what you were talking about??

Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 AM

That's the muffler clamp. It won't come off, but loosening the nut off some will allow you to remove the exhaust piping.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Okay, good to know Im just a dumbass.

Will let ya know how the rest of my attempt at an install goes tomorrow.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Subscribing

Awesome thread Stealth

very worthwhile reading this whole thing, even though I am at work and probably wasted a good hour

I can't wait to get home and play those clips and hear the difference between the two systems. It sounds like you guys have been very happy overall with either choice you have made. I have a Flowmaster system on my lifted Jeep Cherokee so I am used to the sound and can't wait to have that on my F-150.

I have two small questions.

1. I, too, was curious for those of you that have the Off-Road exhaust how it sounds when towing? I only do a minimal amount of towing so this concern is very small but just wanted to know from some of you that do tow regularly.

2. I have a SuperCrew, does the exhaust overpower the cabin with all of the windows and everything closed up and music off?

Thanks guys

Old 11-14-2007, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by JCSXJ
Awesome thread Stealth

very worthwhile reading this whole thing, even though I am at work and probably wasted a good hour

I can't wait to get home and play those clips and hear the difference between the two systems. It sounds like you guys have been very happy overall with either choice you have made. I have a Flowmaster system on my lifted Jeep Cherokee so I am used to the sound and can't wait to have that on my F-150.

I have two small questions.

1. I, too, was curious for those of you that have the Off-Road exhaust how it sounds when towing? I only do a minimal amount of towing so this concern is very small but just wanted to know from some of you that do tow regularly.

2. I have a SuperCrew, does the exhaust overpower the cabin with all of the windows and everything closed up and music off?

Thanks guys
1. I haven't towed yet with the new exhaust on.

2. I haven't heard any complaints from passangers any in my truck, and that includes my 10 year old son who hates loud noises.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Install worked out fine,

Sounds Awesome!! I love it!!!

Getting the tips aligned seems to be a big PITA

I feel like my Left one is nice and perfectly aligned pointing straight back

my Right points to the outside.

Last edited by Favre; 11-14-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Roush off road sound level?