2005 exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 exhausts

Sorry to say, but I'm not a big fan of the dual exhausts that end up on a lot of trucks these days. I prefer a cleaner more stock appearing look. I'm not afraid of being too loud, nor does some fabrication scare me if need be.

I'd like to get some opinions of what the best single side/factory location exit exhausts are out there, and any pics of them installed if you have any. I'm a fan of the Gibson Supertruck exhaust, except for the tips, but I'm not aware of much else out there.

What do you have or recommend?

Should I break out the welder and make something myself?

Old 02-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Check this out.

http://www.bankspower.com/newproducts-4-04.cfm

This is what I have, I like it very much. Bolt on system, factory hangers.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Looks good. Thanks man.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:38 PM
shtrdave-

How does that Banks sound? I was lookin into that exhaust. Have done a search on it or anything to see if anyone else has one here, but is it pretty good? I'm doin some mods to the Black Screw FX4 (20s, 33s, engine mods when it gets outta warranty), and I want to give it that sporty look while still having the offroad muscle too. That's why I was opting to go with the dual Flowmaster 40s. Just wanting to know your overall view of the Banks.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:45 PM
yes.
how does it sound?
and what does it cost?

Old 02-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Considering that I used to own the Banks exhaust on SHTRDAVE's truck, I thought the interior resonance was irritating. DAVE says he doesn't mind... Different strokes for different folks???

The resonance was really annoying (my opinion, nobody else's) while towing, 3500lb trailer at hi-way speeds. The resonance was the worst between 45mph-55mph.

I will say this, I will VERY impressed with the power increase from this system. While I have only stock and Gibson SI/SO to compare it too, I would say the seat-o-the-pants-ometer registered about a 25hp increase.

Pay no more than $435, including shipping. I recommend AJUSA.COM if you want this one or any other exhaust they sell. They have good customer service and seem to have very competitive prices.

For What Its Worth...

KC-10 FE out...

Last edited by KC-10 FE; 02-07-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:51 PM
I like it, it has a nice sound at idle and part throttle, and down the road at 70 or so it is not bad in the truck, Most of the time the stereo is on so it covers up a lot of noise. I have had passengers and you have no problem talking and what not while cruising at highway speeds.

I rarely tow anything, so it may very well be quite annoying when doing this.

I think if you purchase one of these you wil be very pleased.

Install was simple, I took it to a customers shop and we put it on the lift and once we figured out about the keyed pipe, (directions we didn't need no stinkin directions) it was pretty simple and easy, some of the hangers needed to be tweaked a little to make it hang the way i wanted, and not hit against anything.

I didn't price around much but i did see it somewhere with a few percent off if bought with a tuner of intake.

I was thinking about the MF system, but when KC-10 here made me an offer and then his father helped out with delivery, I made up my mind pretty quick.

I like the fact that it is a true cat back bolt on system, from what I am seeing and reading the MF is not a cat back, but it starts at the end of the intermediate pipe, and it was only available for the 139 WB and I have a 145 so this was the best way to go.

Old 02-25-2005, 12:51 AM
I bought the banks monster exhaust and i love it It sounds great and gave me about 15 horsepower. The tone is very good. Check out my gallery for some more pics of the system.I installed it with two of my freinds.We just used some rhino ramps and it took 30 minutes. I would highly recomend it

Quick Reply: 2005 exhausts