summit racing now has gibson systems

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2000, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking summit racing now has gibson systems

I got my new summit racing catalog they have a few differant types os systems price looked about same i have ordered alot of things from them in past always a good experiance. There are a few other items for truck in there also.

------------------
*2000 blk xlt f150
*5.4 4x4 3.55 ls
*sc orp pkg
*tow pkg, 17 inch wheels
*herculiner,remote start
*flowmaster, air box mod
*bfg ko's A.R.E. cap
*sony 10 disc cd player
*k&n air filter
*superchip

****mods to come*********
harley davison hitch reciver plug.
removing stock cab steps& installing westins.

Old 03-02-2000, 08:48 AM
Talking

here are some of the prices in the catalog
swept side $269.99
spilt rear $269.99
super truck $269.99

shipping is free from them for ground shipment,
http://www.summitracing.com

------------------
*2000 blk xlt f150
*5.4 4x4 3.55 ls
*sc orp pkg
*tow pkg, 17 inch wheels
*herculiner,remote start
*flowmaster, air box mod
*bfg ko's A.R.E. cap
*sony 10 disc cd player
*k&n air filter
*superchip

Old 03-02-2000, 11:04 PM
Question

SteveG
I just lent my catalogue. Do they have the Gibson Stainless Steel dual sport for the SuperCrew or for the extended cab 139"WB?

------------------
2001 SuperCrew, 4x4 Lariat, Blue/silver, 5.4L Auto Leather, Moon roof, everything but the TV (Ordered 2/11/00)

Planned Mods:Sprayed-On Bedliner-LineX or Rhino; Hard tonneau, Brand TBD; Fiberglass Cab steps or SS nerf bars; Gibson SS Dual Sport Cat-back system; SuperChip; K&N Air intake kit; Clear back-painted bug-deflector; Lighting or F150 Harley Davidson wheels

Old 03-03-2000, 04:02 PM
Steve g,

They don't seem to have added them to their online catalog yet. Can't find Gibson as a vendor there at all.

Old 03-03-2000, 04:47 PM
www.truckperformance.com(1-800-719-8100)has the gibson split rear for 259.99 with free delivery til mid march I think.I just got mine today and will be installing tomorrow will get back to let you know how it sounds.

------------------
99 F250 XLT LD 4X4 S/C,5.4,3.73 Limited slip,Bright red clearcoat ,remote start w/keyless entry and alarm,chrome rims,tinted,westin nerf bars,factory tonneau,superchip,K&NGen II fipk,pioneer in dash cd,pioneer amp,infinity kappas all around,Lund front runner bug sheild...
coming soon Gibson split rear w/chrome tips,tires,not sure what to do with front grill any ideas?

Old 03-03-2000, 10:55 PM
paid $310 for mine plus tips. $259 is a great price.

------------------
'97 F150 4x4 Off-Road Extended Cab Lariat Flareside white/tan, tan leather, 4.6, 3.55

Duraliner bedliner, Husky floormats, Custom seatcovers (I only cover the leather when I'm really dirty, though), Premier single-lid toolbox

Gibson 2.5" split-rear exit cat-back exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Many more modifications to come

http://ocu-stars.okcu.edu/cvenable.stu/index.htm#b

Old 03-04-2000, 12:31 AM
I purchased peterson's 4 wheel and offroad magazine,there are a lot of venders advertising in there and they will usually match prices.Carparts.com has a good deal right now with a coupon code in the magazine 33% off total order up to $300. which means $100 off,I ordered the new ss series grill's which resemble the nascar trucks along with the catch all floor mats got $80.00 off.Shipped to my door in about 4 days.

------------------
99 F250 XLT LD 4X4 S/C,5.4,3.73 Limited slip,Bright red clearcoat ,remote start w/keyless entry and alarm,chrome rims,tinted,westin nerf bars,factory tonneau,superchip,K&NGen II fipk,pioneer in dash cd,pioneer amp,infinity kappas all around,Lund front runner bug sheild...
coming soon Gibson split rear w/chrome tips,tires,not sure what to do with front grill any ideas?

Old 03-06-2000, 08:42 AM
Talking

every catalog has an "new to new item to list section it was in there. The best thing is to call them and ask if they have an item they have alot ,more that is listed . I use them alot because the service is great and if you have to return an item it is simply no B.S. they will take it back.

------------------
*2000 blk xlt f150
*5.4 4x4 3.55 ls
*sc orp pkg
*tow pkg, 17 inch wheels
*herculiner,remote start
*flowmaster, air box mod
*bfg ko's A.R.E. cap
*sony 10 disc cd player
*k&n air filter
*superchip

Old 03-06-2000, 10:56 AM
Good point Steve G. Truck Performance Center was very difficult to deal with on a problem shippment. I recieved a damaged Gibson from them> It was obvious when it showed up and I had it noted on the UPS guys receipt and he even made a report and it still took me three more weeks for them to straighten it out. The UPS guy and I opened it together to find out why there was a gapping hole in the box and discovered the bell end was baddly mashed. Totally unusable. It was just flopping around in a big light cardboard box. It was packaged inssuficently to survive. At first they wouldn't do anything. Tried to blame it on UPS. Then they had me to call Gibson and tried to claim it was drop shipped directly from gibson. I hade the shipping records showing it came directly form TPC! Gibson got steamed at them and stepped in and got em turned around but they kept "forgetting" to ship the replacement and issue pick up the damaged one for three weeks!

There now I feel better

Old 03-10-2000, 04:05 PM
I got my Gibson side exit from Summit. It came in 2 days but I live in Ohio and had to pay the tax.

------------------

1997 Debut sport truck
F150 Ext. cab short bed
4.6l 3.55 tow pack leather K&N filter Gibson 3" side outlet B&M shift plus power rear slider timbren rubber springs.

Old 03-14-2000, 09:57 AM
In early Feb I ordered a Borla exhaust from CarParts with the 25% off add they were running. I was told would ship the system on 3-11-00. Well I checked this week and now was told it would be April until my exhaust shipped as they were waiting on Borla to make the system. A quick phone call to Borla confirmed my suspicions. There wasnt a exhaust on order for CarParts at Borla for my truck. I cancelled the order with CarParts along with some less than pleasant parting words for their company. On 3-13-00 I ordered the exhaust from Summit and it should be here Friday. Live and learn

------------------
1998 ext cab 4x4 4.6 auto
K&N Gen11, Superchip, fiberglass tonneau cover

Old 03-14-2000, 11:20 AM
Talking

I have ordered alot of parts from summit and all time have had great luck with them. I have sent things back over 10 months latter i bought some parts and was building my pro street and didnt need them i saved the bill's they took them back no problem. I get things from them here in Mi in two days 99% of the time. I have order from jegs and A.S.A.P. parts and not had as good of service the sale's people will talk to you about the product instaed of pushing you to order and getting you off the phone. I check on things out before i decide to order and they still are polite even if you dont order. I have a few freinds in the trick flow department that helps out alot.

------------------
*2000 blk xlt f150
*5.4 4x4 3.55 ls
*sc orp pkg
*tow pkg, 17 inch wheels
*herculiner,remote start
*flowmaster, air box mod
*bfg ko's A.R.E. cap
*sony 10 disc cd player
*k&n air filter
*superchip
* havoline synthetic oil

Old 03-23-2000, 01:37 PM
Dear Cphilip,
I appoligize for the inconvinence you had with TPC i never llike hearing my customers had a prob. with any of my dealers. Im glad you got it worked out but very displeased with their customer service. If anyone else experiences any prob. like this please feel free to call me at GIBSON (800) 528-3044 ext 105 i will make sure all prob. are handled as quickly as possible.
Thank You
JOHN Carney
GIBSON Dealer sales Department

------------------
john carney gibson performance

Quick Reply: summit racing now has gibson systems