Question about keyless entry door handle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about keyless entry door handle?

I am going to install the Ford Alarm/Keyless Entry system on my truck which already has power locks. Will this enable me to add the keyless entry door handle mod or not?? Anyone else done this??

Old 09-26-2002, 08:35 PM
Old 09-27-2002, 07:16 PM
?

I have seen that post and before but what I am wondering is seems how I do not have this white electrical box with the # on it, will I get one with the alarm system ford makes??

If not, is the keypad mod still possible with just the ford factory alarm/keyless entry (remote entry)??

Old 09-27-2002, 08:13 PM
Re: ?

Originally posted by mhussey
I have seen that post and before but what I am wondering is seems how I do not have this white electrical box with the # on it, will I get one with the alarm system ford makes??

If not, is the keypad mod still possible with just the ford factory alarm/keyless entry (remote entry)??

I'm not flaming here but, maybe if you had used some punctuation in the above quote, someone would have a clue as to what you are asking.........of course, this is just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Last edited by S'CrewLoose; 09-27-2002 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:39 PM
You need the rap module. if you own a pre 1999 model you will need to make the harness. If you don't see the numbers on the small box you suspect is the rap remove it and check on the blind side for the numbers. If you don't have a RAP MODULE and want to install one I think you would be the first to do so.

Old 09-28-2002, 10:21 PM
Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by S'CrewLoose
I'm not flaming here but, maybe if you had used some punctuation in the above quote, someone would have a clue as to what you are asking.........of course, this is just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Yes no yes yes no.

No yes yes maybe no.

Old 09-29-2002, 08:39 AM
I guess I need to clear things up.

To those that have responded, thankyou. In the above posts of mine, I was being conservative with the puncuation. I was in a hurry and proof read nothing. I have recently joined AIM which has also caused me to get used to typing incomplete sentences, no use of punctuation, etc.

I have researched this website for this topic and have not seen where anyone has done what I want to do. Turbo497, it sounds to me like you are correct.

I have a 97 F150 with factory power locks. In the future I will be adding the Ford Alarm System #4. I am assuming from the desciption and pictures I have seen/read, that this will allow me to use the keyfobs to unlock/lock my doors. What I wanted to know (and turbo497 answered my question), is the following. Will I know be able to add the keyless entry keypad, even though a RAP module did not come with this truck from the factory.

S'crewLoose, sorry for the confusion. I found your reply to be of little help, but thanks for the interest. It looks to me like the one post of yours is one run on setence. So, no punctuation, run on sentences, what is the big deal? This is just a Bulletin Board Service.

Old 09-29-2002, 09:05 AM
mhussey,

Like I said, I wasn't flaming. I wanted to figure out what you were looking for, so that maybe I could help. I installed the keypad in my truck and could not figure out what you wanted to know. Here is some info, I don't think all 97's have the RAP module and I'm not sure that the ford security system will include the module. Just because you are buying a Ford Security and keyless entry system doesn't actually mean you are getting OEM parts. Ford and most other manufacturers will sell after market systems with their name on it. If you do get real OEM part and you do get a RAPMOD, you'll still have to add the wiring harness in the door for the keypad. You can go to a boneyard and get the harness but all in all I think your looking at a big job. Turbo497 already told you all this, I just didn't want you to think I was being a dink.

Quick Reply: Question about keyless entry door handle?