Help, wiring? OEM back up camera wont show image

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
The test chart in post #5 above shows the pin numbers, which you can verify with a meter with the resistance readings.
While this may not apply to anyone's problems here, I've found the video cable from the camera to the receiver can easily be defective. In one case, I found my video feed and shield were shorted together somewhere in the cable that came with the camera, and in another case, the video feed line in the cable was "broken". Both situations can be found with a simple continuity meter.

In both cases, I ended up building my own video feed cable from the camera to the head unit.

- Jack

Old 01-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Backup Camera

I also have a Ford Backup Camera P/N BL3T-19G490 and am installing an aftermarket radio with video out to the camera.

I plan to hookup the camera later on---and want to run the wiring now since I have the truck tore up. So---I'm reading that I need to run 4 separate wires or 2-2wire RCA wires?

Your assistance is appreciated!

Thanks, Jon

Old 06-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't thank you guys enough for the information here! I bought a used cam off ebay but it didn't come with any wires or connectors. I made my own connector and got the video working thanks to your pictures and info!

Quick Reply: Help, wiring? OEM back up camera wont show image