Should I get remote starter installed by Circuit City?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I get remote starter installed by Circuit City?

Morning Guys - I just wanted to get your opinion.......I bought an Code Alarm remote starter from Travis about 5 months ago, it's all pre-wired, even the bypass is pre-wired. Travis really did an awesome job, I would really recommend him for any audio/alarm work....anyway, it's been several months and I haven't had the time to install it, and I don't think I'm going to get any time in the near future......

I was thinking about going to CC or Best Buy and having them install it for me, I know it defeats the purpose of Travis's work, plus I really wanted to do the install myself, but I just don't have the time and I wanted to get it in there before winter rolls around......Is it OK for me to bring it in there? I mean everything is basic and alreay wired up.....I'm just leary of bringing something like an remote start to them!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry to see that you can't get to it. I've had a few customers that have had to take it to someone to install. All I can say is that you should go to them personally and TAKE THE INSTRUCTIONS AND SYSTEM WITH YOU. Trying to explain it to them over the phone just doesn't work. I've had a couple shops that the customer didn't bother to give them the installation manual and wound up paying high labor costs due to the installer not understanding what was going on with the pre-wired harness. They just take is as a system that has been removed out of a vehicle and has to be rewired for a new one that it's going into, thus tearing everything apart that I have done. One shop owner called me for some programming instructions and was embarrassed when I told him that the system was already prepped for the F150 that he was working on. He finally realized that my wiring made sense after he had already spent an hour redoing all my work.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM

I do not want to stereotype, but I would look for a quality stereo installer. I've had friends take their cars to CC and BB only to deal with horror stories. Most (not all) of their installers are not qualified to do this type of work. You may pay a bit more at a shop that specializes in this, but peace of mind is priceless. Just research first!

Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks Travis, Thanks Hivoltage!!! I appreciate the input, I think I'm going to try and take off a half a day here soon and install it myself, the more I think about getting CC or BB to do it just concerns me more. Not saying there aren't installers there that know what they are doing, but just can't be too careful.

Hivoltage, your idea was good too, if I see I can't do it, there is a shop close by that does good work, I'll see what they will charge.

Thanks Again Guys!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Do not take it to circuit City!! I had an alarm with the remote starter installed and it has been nothing but trouble for me. I have taken it back to them and they say they have fixed it, but just make another problem. Get someone who specializes in that kind of stuff to do it.

D

Old 10-19-2008, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by JDeere7296
Thanks Travis, Thanks Hivoltage!!! I appreciate the input, I think I'm going to try and take off a half a day here soon and install it myself, the more I think about getting CC or BB to do it just concerns me more. Not saying there aren't installers there that know what they are doing, but just can't be too careful.

Hivoltage, your idea was good too, if I see I can't do it, there is a shop close by that does good work, I'll see what they will charge.

Thanks Again Guys!!!
hey i see your from nederland and im from beaumont...if u know where performance car audio is i would take it there they did mine and i have never had a problem with it at all...

Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Definitely not now, there closing 155 stores nationwide.

Quick Reply: Should I get remote starter installed by Circuit City?