Heated/signal mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heated/signal mirrors

My 2004 didn't come with them and was wondering if I could just swap out the mirrors with ones that did? Of course I'd have to buy the switch for the interior but I'm wanting to see if the connections are already there in the door frame for these?

Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have an XLT or higher trim level, the harnesses should be in the doors already.

If you have an XL--never had those nifty power options available--then you are running your own wiring.

That's what I am stuck doing for my XL. When I get around to figuring out which of the four wires on these mirrors I actually need to splice together.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:17 PM
mirrors

Mine is a 2004 F150 4x4 FX4 so you are saying the wiring should be there already then correct? Mine is the model right below a Lariat. All I should need then is the mirrors and the actual control panel for the dash. Is the wiring there for the control panel in the dash too?

Old 01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I have a 2005 F150 4x4 FX4. I have the button you engauge for the heated mirrors on my console. It even lights up but Im not sure if I still have heated mirrors? Reason I say that is because I thought they placed a heated sign on your mirrors when you have heated mirrors. So im curious to know if my mirrors are heated or not. I turned them on for a while and tried feeling the mirrors but they didnt feel warm for me. I park in the garage so havnt been able to test them. However it has me curious since I have the button and a light comes on it if I have heated mirrors or everythings ran to the mirrors but mine doesnt support them and would need differant mirrors?

Old 01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
mirrors

If you have the button then yours should be heated. May take them a bit to heat up.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I just tried this swap with some nice chrome capped signal mirrors on my 08 xlt with no luck. Everything plugs right in and the mirror works but the turn signals did not. I did a bunch of searching and it sounds like some guys have been lucky and there trucks were wired for the turn signals. From some responses I got when I asked this question you can tap a wire in the kick panels and run them up to the mirrors to get the turn signals operational. As far as the heated mirror I'm not sure I wasn't worried about it one way or another but alot of trucks with this option had rear defrost which is what turned them on and off. Very few of the trucks I have seen had a seperate button for just the heated mirrors..

Old 01-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by F150FXOnline
I have a 2005 F150 4x4 FX4. I have the button you engauge for the heated mirrors on my console. It even lights up but Im not sure if I still have heated mirrors? Reason I say that is because I thought they placed a heated sign on your mirrors when you have heated mirrors. So im curious to know if my mirrors are heated or not. I turned them on for a while and tried feeling the mirrors but they didnt feel warm for me. I park in the garage so havnt been able to test them. However it has me curious since I have the button and a light comes on it if I have heated mirrors or everythings ran to the mirrors but mine doesnt support them and would need differant mirrors?
You have them if you have the button - they will not feel warm to the touch unless it is very cold outside as I have done the same thing. My '05 doesn't have the "brandings" on the mirrors for either the heaters or the power fold but both are there. I use the folding feature every night and several evenings last week it was cold and moist so I used the heaters to "defog" the mirrors Wouldn't own another truck w/o them!

Trending Topics

Old 01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Looking for a pair of the exterior chrome topped mirrors that come on the Mark LT. Anybody know by chance were one could locate this item?

Old 01-13-2008, 07:37 AM
bulb out in side mirror

I have never done this before, new owner, new to forum. My bulb is out in drivers side mirror? Turn signal, sorry... It is not looking obvious how to get to it. anyone help?

Last edited by tommy01; 01-13-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tommy01
I have never done this before, new owner, new to forum. My bulb is out in drivers side mirror? Turn signal, sorry... It is not looking obvious how to get to it. anyone help?
Quick search of Glamor cap* would produce the threads ( in case you did not know the name for the mirror cover ).

How to remove the glamor cap :
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=117645

pictures of the glamor cap once removed :
https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=4423

Another search term signal mirror* limited to the electrical forum, 63 threads, one of which ( with Joe's nice write up ):
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...=signal+mirror

Another Option signal mirror bulb
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...al+mirror+bulb
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...al+mirror+bulb

That should d the trick, good luck

Old 01-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Thank You, I am going outside to try it now... Tommy

Quick Reply: Heated/signal mirrors