Bosch Platinum+4 Spark Plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 04:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosch Platinum+4 Spark Plugs?

Anybody uses this type of Spark Plugs? It's quite interesting to know from you Guys!!!!

Old 03-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by edisonrizon
Anybody uses this type of Spark Plugs? It's quite interesting to know from you Guys!!!!

Do yourself a favor.

Click on the SEACH button and enter "Bosch spark plug" as your search key.

Then, read and decide...

Steve

Old 03-19-2006, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Do yourself a favor.

Click on the SEACH button and enter "Bosch spark plug" as your search key.

Then, read and decide...

Steve
Thanks but I did that and their website did not shows any specific spark plug for a certain vehicle. Just wondering if there "SOMEBODY" use this product. Besides I thought this is the purpose of this website. "TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER F150 OWNERS". Hope I'm not mistaken.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Your not mistaken. Can't help you on the plat 4 plugs, but have had good results with the regular bosch platinums. One thing I will mention, my electrical engineer boss mentioned these are a waste of money. The spark and ONLY jump from one place, the closest point between the electrode and the ground.

Searching is a good idea. Trouble I've found over the years of being on this site is if you pick the wrong key words you get all sorts of stuff you might not have any interest in. So, for my 2 cents, repost and don't worry. Hell, you/we might find we get something new on the topic that's not be mentioned by the old threads.

I'm sure you'll find the info that people provide on this site to be the BEST out there for our trucks. Knowledge here is GOLDEN!!!!!

Best of luck on your spark plug quest.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by svt2205
Your not mistaken. Can't help you on the plat 4 plugs, but have had good results with the regular bosch platinums. One thing I will mention, my electrical engineer boss mentioned these are a waste of money. The spark and ONLY jump from one place, the closest point between the electrode and the ground.

Searching is a good idea. Trouble I've found over the years of being on this site is if you pick the wrong key words you get all sorts of stuff you might not have any interest in. So, for my 2 cents, repost and don't worry. Hell, you/we might find we get something new on the topic that's not be mentioned by the old threads.

I'm sure you'll find the info that people provide on this site to be the BEST out there for our trucks. Knowledge here is GOLDEN!!!!!

Best of luck on your spark plug quest.
Thank you very much for your positive information and the way you deliver it. It is more democratic way!

Old 03-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Bosch plugs in general are hit and miss in Ford vehicles. Some work alright, some don't. I think the +4 crap is a gimmick myself. For the lowest chance of headaches and troubles, roll with Autolites or Motorcrafts. If you're willing to spend a bit more for plugs, NGKs seem to be alright too.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
uncle has been a tech for 20 years says never buy more than regular platinums anything more is a load of crap dosnt improve anything.....thats what he has told me anyways..

Trending Topics

Old 03-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Unless you have done any major performance work on the motor, it is generally best to go with the same plugs that came in it from the factory. I have used autolites and bosh plugs and they only lasted 4 to 5 thousand miles. The factory motorcraft platnium plugs have lasted the longest.

Old 03-21-2006, 07:43 PM
I personally like using Denso Iridiums. I tried using the Bosch Plat +4, dont have anything negative to say bout them.

Quick Reply: Bosch Platinum+4 Spark Plugs?