04' Power Rear Sliding Glass

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 04' Power Rear Sliding Glass

Anyone having issues with power sliding rear glass on their 04' F150? Mine was defective from the factory and the dealership can't seem to figure it out. They say it is the motor and replaced it with a new one, but they say the new one was defective out of the box from Ford. Now I am waiting on a new one which is on a National backorder!

Old 08-28-2004, 08:56 PM
what is wrong with it?what is it doing or not doing?

Old 09-03-2004, 12:41 AM
When i bought the truck they said the window was defective from the factory, the switch was bad. So they ordered the parts and i took it in for repair. Then i find out after they tore out the back seat of my new truck, that it was the motor and cable assembly that was wrong. The tech said after replacing it, the new one was bad out of the box. After talking too him it sounds like he just replaced it without looking at the repair manual for instructions and somehow got the new one out of timing or messed up the cable mechanism. So they said they would have to order a new one, but that the motor assembly was on a national backorder. So I'm still waiting on it to be repaired.

Last edited by wr4unc; 09-03-2004 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:51 AM
no problems with mine, though i have only used it 3 times and that was to show people how cool it was to have it.

Old 09-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Where in NC do you live?Are you near Elizabeth city?

Old 09-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Is it working at all?Can you hear anything when hit the button?Does it not open all the way or nothing at all?

Old 09-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Update on my window saga

FORD guy... I am near Hickory, NC. Well still broke. I have lost count, but we're up to 3 or 4 motor assemblies. I went on vacation for about 7 days and dropped it off at the dealer hoping that when I got back the problem would be fixed. Wow was I wrong. After installing 2 more motors this past week, they finally decided to call the "Ford Hotline." They are now telling me that Ford is recommending replacing the entire window assembly, the window, motor and cable assembly. Oh yeah not to mention the fact that my new truck with less than 2200 miles on it has had the back interior ripped out three times now, and that in doing so this last time that they ripped a hole in one of the back seat covers. So there's another "special order" part to wait on. Due to the weather over the past several weeks I have been afraid of even touching the button in fear of not getting it closed! I'm wondering after a few more interior removals how long it will take before the moulding's and trim will start falling in the floorboard when I gross a speed bump! Wish I had stayed with my trusty old Dodge.

Trending Topics

Old 09-19-2004, 08:17 AM
I work ar Norfolk Assembly plant and could probably work something out to get your truck in there and we would replace everything...glasss,motor,rear seat,trim molding if needed.I dont think Hickory is that far away.Email me if you want to work something out.

Quick Reply: 04' Power Rear Sliding Glass