White Motors, Roanoke Rapids NC

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down White Motors, Roanoke Rapids NC

Avoid this service department!

There is a maintenance contractor from Texas working at my plant right now. He is in town as part of a traveling maintenance crew, working 10 hours a day 7 days a week. Thursday morning, his truck (2000 F250, 7.3 Powerstroke) would not start. It would turn over, but not crank, so he had it towed to White Motors. Late that morning, he called to check on it. He was told that he just needed batteries. His batteries are less than a year old. According to the service tech, the corrosion on the terminals was battery acid leaking out around all 4 terminals.
He realized what he was dealing with, and told them to park his truck outside and not lay a hand on it any more. The next closest Ford dealer is Rocky Mount - about 40 miles - so he found a different mechanic to look at it here in town. Turns out it was just a $30 MAF sensor causing the problem. BUT - the mechanic asked him how much fuel was in the truck when it went to White's. It was about a quarter tank. Well now it is close to half a tank, and it smells like gasoline!
The mechanic drained the tank and sure enough, the dealer had put about 5 gallons of gas into his diesel truck. Total cost, $30 for the sensor, $70 for the tow, $500 to get the gas out, change the fuel filter, flush the fuel lines, and clean the injectors! The mechanic wrote it up for him as 2 separate invoices - one for the original problem, and one to fix the dealership's screw up. They are going to try to get the dealer to pay for fixing their mistake.
As an added bonus, the mechanic fired one of his employees a while back because he kept screwing up performing basic maintenance - oil and filter changes, fuel filter changes, etc. This fired mechanic is now a diesel mechanic at White Motors!

Old 10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Suspended
wow, what a stupid mistake. He probably won't last long at White's either.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:33 PM
HOly old thread batman, but when i saw this I laughed... "It would turn over, but not crank." Thats the same damn thing.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by roblhfx4
Avoid this service department!

There is a maintenance contractor from Texas working at my plant right now. He is in town as part of a traveling maintenance crew, working 10 hours a day 7 days a week. Thursday morning, his truck (2000 F250, 7.3 Powerstroke) would not start. It would turn over, but not crank, so he had it towed to White Motors. Late that morning, he called to check on it. He was told that he just needed batteries. His batteries are less than a year old. According to the service tech, the corrosion on the terminals was battery acid leaking out around all 4 terminals.
He realized what he was dealing with, and told them to park his truck outside and not lay a hand on it any more. The next closest Ford dealer is Rocky Mount - about 40 miles - so he found a different mechanic to look at it here in town. Turns out it was just a $30 MAF sensor causing the problem. BUT - the mechanic asked him how much fuel was in the truck when it went to White's. It was about a quarter tank. Well now it is close to half a tank, and it smells like gasoline!
The mechanic drained the tank and sure enough, the dealer had put about 5 gallons of gas into his diesel truck. Total cost, $30 for the sensor, $70 for the tow, $500 to get the gas out, change the fuel filter, flush the fuel lines, and clean the injectors! The mechanic wrote it up for him as 2 separate invoices - one for the original problem, and one to fix the dealership's screw up. They are going to try to get the dealer to pay for fixing their mistake.
As an added bonus, the mechanic fired one of his employees a while back because he kept screwing up performing basic maintenance - oil and filter changes, fuel filter changes, etc. This fired mechanic is now a diesel mechanic at White Motors!
I had a warranty issue with White Motors, INC of Roanoke Rapids, NC, and to make things short, when I started asking questions about their service department, the service manager, Mike Carlson, told me that White Motors, Inc, would NOT work on any of my Fords, either under warranty or otherwise.
Please avoid this dealer, as their main gold is to sell and not service, as it seems to me. I was told to take my business to Rocky Mount, NC, also, which is 40 miles away.
I have bought over 20 NEW fords from the area under a different dealership, however, after White purchased the dealership from Alan Vester, they are now the sole sellers of American made motor vehicles.
Please let me know of any problems with White Motors, as I plan to take action against this person and his staff.

Last edited by milspec; 08-09-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: mis-spell
Old 08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by milspec
I had a warranty issue with White Motors, INC of Roanoke Rapids, NC, and to make things short, when I started asking questions about their service department, the service manager, Mike Carlson, told me that White Motors, Inc, would NOT work on any of my Fords, either under warranty or otherwise.
Please avoid this dealer, as their main gold is to sell and not service, as it seems to me. I was told to take my business to Rocky Mount, NC, also, which is 40 miles away.
I have bought over 20 NEW fords from the area under a different dealership, however, after White purchased the dealership from Alan Vester, they are now the sole sellers of American made motor vehicles.
Please let me know of any problems with White Motors, as I plan to take action against this person and his staff.
Also, I have contacted the NC Attorney Generals office in Raleigh, NC, and the BBB. I also plan to contact the AAA and other organizations like the AARP.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Good on you for taking action against it. Maybe it will keep the next guy from making the same mistake.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by ranger81
wow, what a stupid mistake. He probably won't last long at White's either.
Don't blame it all on the mechanic. The people in power at White's can't hire anyone locally because this area doesn't have any one that's capable of repairing EVERY MODEL of American Made Vehicles. This dealership has bought up the franchises of Ford, GM, Cadillac, Chrysler and any other car or vehicle that's made in the US. White told me to go to another dealership for warranty work on my F150 and explorer. They didn't tell me why, so I wrote the Attorney General of NC, because I bought my two Fords locally and White wants me to take them 40 miles away to Rocky Mount, NC. Mike Carlson, the service dept supervisor, gave me a quote on repairing my air conditioner and then refused to honor it. They are a scam, in my opinion.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by BXK109
HOly old thread batman, but when i saw this I laughed... "It would turn over, but not crank." Thats the same damn thing.
Just tell your friends, that any White Motors, INC in NC is probably the same and are off to rip you off in some way.

Quick Reply: White Motors, Roanoke Rapids NC