Fred Beans Ford of West Chester - PA

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fred Beans Ford of West Chester - PA

I haven't bought a car from them but had a very unpleasant experience buying an accessory from them.

I bought a Trac Rac system from them and paid via paypal for my short bed. I picked it up and when I got home found out that I got a set for a long bed. When I contacted them (Shane Walker - internet sales manager) about it, first he said I got the right stuff. When I told them the pieces were 8' long, he said I should just mod it to get it to work. I told him that I wanted to return it to get the right set since I didn't get what I bought. After a lot of back and forth, I finally got him to acknowledge that he was wrong. At that point, I told him that I wanted to return it. I returned it and he said he would refund my money via paypal. Then, it didn't click when I was watching him do it, he transfered all the money out of the Fred Beans paypal account then started my refund.

When I got home to check on my paypal account, I noticed the refund did not complete as it was insufficient funds in Fred Bean's account.

When I contacted Shane about the concern - he blew me off. When I told him that I would report his activity to paypal and dispute my charges with my credit card company since I returned the product, he threated to file legal charges against me if I did.

Nevertheless, I contacted paypal and my credit card company and finally got my money back. I will never deal with Shane at Fred Beans Ford of West Chester PA again!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Enough is Enough Already
Originally Posted by gchu715
I haven't bought a car from them but had a very unpleasant experience buying an accessory from them.

I bought a Trac Rac system from them and paid via paypal for my short bed. I picked it up and when I got home found out that I got a set for a long bed. When I contacted them (Shane Walker - internet sales manager) about it, first he said I got the right stuff. When I told them the pieces were 8' long, he said I should just mod it to get it to work. I told him that I wanted to return it to get the right set since I didn't get what I bought. After a lot of back and forth, I finally got him to acknowledge that he was wrong. At that point, I told him that I wanted to return it. I returned it and he said he would refund my money via paypal. Then, it didn't click when I was watching him do it, he transfered all the money out of the Fred Beans paypal account then started my refund.

When I got home to check on my paypal account, I noticed the refund did not complete as it was insufficient funds in Fred Bean's account.

When I contacted Shane about the concern - he blew me off. When I told him that I would report his activity to paypal and dispute my charges with my credit card company since I returned the product, he threated to file legal charges against me if I did.

Nevertheless, I contacted paypal and my credit card company and finally got my money back. I will never deal with Shane at Fred Beans Ford of West Chester PA again!

I wouldnt either!

Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Tired of seeing ^'s S/N while searching forums.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM
What George fails to mention is that the Trac Rac was used, He also fails to mention it was an eBay auction and described as an 8 FT rack. It is the customer or buyers duty to make sure that what he is buying what he needs. I have no way of know that he has a 6 ft bed, But I am sure he does.

He is correct that I told him to modify the rack.

He delayed bringing it back for 3 weeks, by that time the paypal money was transfered out of paypal. So his refund had to be processed by a checking withdrawl to paypal. So it was Paypal that delayed his refund by 3 days.

No one held him up. Most places would not take the rack back, it was used, decribed as 8 ft and it was 3 weeks before we heard from him,. But they took it back anyway. Very nice of Fred Beans I think.

That is the true story.

Don't lie next time George. You I and God know the truth!

Old 09-01-2009, 01:02 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Just goes to prove that there are 2 sides to every story.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Just goes to prove that there are 2 sides to every story.
Even two and a half years later !

Old 09-06-2009, 10:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's some delayed reaction.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:40 PM
LMAO @ dealer remembering this exact customer interaction over 2 years later!!! Not to mention the first posst a dealer rep making being a dispute with an upset customer.

Great delayed customer service!
Adding Fred Beans Ford to my "Never in a Lifetime" list.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Better late than never I guess

Old 09-23-2009, 12:23 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily call it delayed customer service - I'd bet that this rep stumbled across this thread while surfing - and was not aware of it till he found it. It WAS his first post here, he probably registered just to tell his side of the story after researching his records.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Word.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:40 PM
word

Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Exactly

Actaully I don't even work there and haven't for more than 2 years, but I ran across the thread while searching something else. I felt it my Duty to respond to the George's lies.

Had I know about it sooner I would have replied sooner.

There was excellent customer service. Any other dealer would have told him to P(*( off. It was a used item and his responsabilty to make sure it fit his truck. NOT MINE!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShaneW
Any other dealer would have told him to P(*( off.
seems to me like thats basically what yall told the guy in the first place. i wouldnt be happy with that kind of customer service either.

if i bought something and got the wrong part (even if it was my own stupidity), i would expect my money back. if there was shipping involved then id of course pay for that but that doesnt seem to be the case here.

on that same note, if i sold something to someone and it turned out to be the wrong part i would have no problem giving them their money back as long as the item was still in the same condition as it was when i sold it.

you guys tried to give the man the run around and, IMO, that is poor customer service.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:21 AM
I'd be on the dealers side on this one. Like dude said he doesnt even work there ne more why would he defend them? If you buy a used part off ebay you need to make sure what your gettin and don't expect a refund if you have trouble reading the terms of sale or whatev. i bet ne thing it said (NO REFUNDS ON THIS ITEM ESPECIALLY AH MONTH LATER)..LOL...but maybe not id oont kno! Thats crazy tho...guy got to share his side of hte story on a f150online forum!

Quick Reply: Fred Beans Ford of West Chester - PA