Good Dealers, Post'em Here

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good Dealers, Post'em Here

Time for something positive!

I have bought 2 vehicles from Bennet Dunlop Ford, Owned 5 Fords that they have serviced and done body work on.

Here's why I think they are a standard that other dealers can be compared to:

1) A phone on the mechanics desk so I can call the guy working on my truck at any time
2) A policy that allows the customer to be in the shop with the mechanic.
3) A clean, safe shop where poeple get along and work well together to help each other solve difficult problems.
4) A call from them prior to warranty expiration to make sure nothing is missed when warranty expires.
5) My wifes 92 Tempo 3L V6 failed a piston almost a year after warranty ran out but with only 30kkm. they brokered a deal so I only paid 1/3 of replacement cost for new engine.
6) Complete vehicle wash and detail with any body work or serious shop work
7) Allow me to read their factory service manuals and allow use of their photocopier.
8) Warranty work during after hours in the lube service bay
9) Shovies and other non Ford brand vehicles in the this Ford dealership shop.

Anyone have a better Dealer ?
regards
Dave

------------------
97 F150 4x4 Ext Cab Long Box 4.6L Auto, stock, in showroom condition Oxford White/Gold BedRug

Old 02-24-2001, 04:56 PM
Arrow

Your a lucky guy Dave.

My only experience with my Expy is with Payton-Wright Ford in Grapevine Texas where I bought it. I have doubts about dealers and my first service has supported my doubts so far.

6 months of calling to set up an appointment about 1-2 times a month. Always got voice mail no matter what time I called. One time, someone returned the call to my home but didn't leave a message.

I finally get an appointment after requesting an appointment on-line no doubt, but played phone tag with this guy's voice mail for over a week until a "reservationist" and I finally connected. She admitted no one returns calls; that says a lot for them.

I Bring it in first thing on Saturday morning (granted I think they prefer not to do service other than general maintenance but they set the appt. anyway.) I get there bright an early, and I'm pushed out until they get all the other oil changes etc, finished although I was assumed I had a specific time for the service. Ok, I'll just deal with that.

I wanted to get my in-cabin filters replaced. The Service Advisor, "advises" me that the Expedition doesn't have an in-cabin filter, in fact no big Ford (including Lincoln) vehicles do, only a few cars.

So, I pick it up, wow, everything is ok. I found out the Service Advisor actually talked to the guy in the shop and the parts guy about the in-cabin filter! The parts guy told me that they don't come euipped with them, you have to buy the kit and install that first. I'm wondering now because all the maintenance data and even sales data talks about it. Well that's a Ford thing not the dealer.

So I guess this wasn't so bad. From the tone of the post you can probably tell I posted it before picking it up, and edited it after getting it, and it turned around a little. So a bad thing turned kind of good.

[This message has been edited by FamilyRide (edited 02-24-2001).]

Old 02-28-2001, 06:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had good experiences with Phil Long Ford in Denver... check my sig for our two new family members from them. Can't say enough good stuff. Bad vibes at Lakewood Fordland and Sill-TerHar Ford tho.

Regardless of the dealer, do your homework and talk to the fleet sales dept when you are ready to buy. You should be able to buy almost anything except a Mustang Cobra R for about $100 over invoice. Fleet will help you find a nice used trade-in also... just avoid the lot lizards.

------------------
Howie's Effie
Amazon Green 2000 F150 XLT 5.4L 4x4 ORP Supercab Flareside
Captains Chairs, Electronic Shift, Rear Slider, Keyless Entry, Cab Steps, 3.55 L/S
Mods: Superchip, FIPK, Flowmaster Force II, Scorpion Spray in Liner, fogs + hibeams

Wife's New Ride: 2001 Mustang GT Convertible!
True Blue with Tan top and Tan Leather.

Old 03-03-2001, 06:05 AM
Thumbs up

Brannon Ford in Byron, GA has been fantastic! Even though I didn't buy the truck from them, I get a loaner car anytime I bring it in for service. They also care enough to take the time to do a test ride with the customer if they are having a problem identifying a problem. I originally bought my truck in VA, and had it in several time for a rattle in the rear drivers side door. Each time I got a "Can not duplicate" answer. When I moved back home to GA, I brought it to Brannon Ford, and the Service Manager went with me on a 20 minute ride through various street surfaces until we were able to duplicate the rattle, then he climbed into the back seat while I drove so he could pin point the location of the rattle! After returning to the shop, he adjusted the rear door latch, and I haven't heard a sound out of it since! It's that type of attention to the customer's needs that will ensure my next truck will be purchased from Brannon!

------------------
Paul...
99 White F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, Superchips Flip Chip, and the Original F150online Decal...

What more is there!

ptarnuzzer@home.com

Old 03-03-2001, 09:20 PM
Thumbs up

Drew Ford, La Mesa, CA.

I have had very good service with them.

Old 03-08-2001, 01:07 PM
Thumbs up

I have bought more than half a dozen cars from this dealer, and he always has the best prices and service. Even if you cannot get your truck serviced there, it is worth giving them a call. The lot is not huge, but there is no problem ordering exactly what you want, thats what I did. The owners of the dealership are Jim and Jeff Tipton. Great people to boot. Check them out on the web at http://www.tiptonmotors.com/

[This message has been edited by rwarmstrong (edited 03-08-2001).]

Old 03-09-2001, 12:03 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

In California...

Galpin Motors, San Fernando valley

Jim Burke, Bakersfield

LJ Snow Ford, Colton

Harold Ford, Sacramento

Freedom Ford, Fresno, Ca

Palm Springs F/L/M, Palm Springs, Ca

------------------
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II

Last edited by beechkid; 08-24-2001 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-10-2001, 01:15 AM
Cool

In Minneapolis, give Boyer Ford Trucks a try for service. Nice long hours and complete, thorough work! They know trucks since thats all they do!

------------------
1997 F150 XLT, Flareside , Moonlight Blue, 4x2, SC, Auto, 4.6L, 3:08's, Cargo Cover by Century, Penda bed liner, Blue Oval reciever hitch plug, Driver Design bug deflector, Monroe Reflex Shocks, 235/70/16 Firestone Wilderness AT's, sliding rear window, captain's chairs, Valvoline Durablend Oil, Purolator Pure One Oil Filter, 280 lbs. of traction sand (ahh, winter in the great white north! ), and 119,000 miles and counting!

Old 03-10-2001, 01:28 PM
Thumbs up

Hi I would just like give my dealer a pat on the back. I bought a 98 F150 off him it had about 26,000 miles on it still under warnt. Well I had the door crack problem and rust problem. They put three doors and a tailgate on it. The nexted problem was the rear slider leak . I did not catch it til it was out of warranty. Yep your right they fixed it to. The dealer is Reimchiesel Ford in Bluffton Indiana.

Old 03-10-2001, 08:15 PM
Thumbs up

Give Metropolitan Ford in Eden Prairie, Minnesota a try if you need a vehicle. I still regret leasing my 2001 Ford F-150 elsewhere.

This is the dealership that missed the low price on my vehicle by just a few dollars a month. I ended up leasing from Apple Valley Ford in Apple Valley MN--the worst dealer experience I've ever had.

Old 03-14-2001, 06:24 PM
crosstown ford
here at corpus christi
the salesman was very helpfull with our choice, he explained detailed everything, all paperwork clear,i even got an expy all day to "test" drive (i returned it with no gas )and everytime i'll go to the dealer for any reason, he always asks if we need some help(knows our name, even tought they sell alot everyday and i mean alot) also he lives on our town which is about 18 miles from the dealership, very good people there

Old 03-16-2001, 07:13 PM
Cool

Sheehy Ford Gaithersburg Maryland

Just bought my 2001 F-150 SuperCrew, special order, for $500 over invoice. It was a very pleasent time during the whole purchase starting with the sales rep., Natalie, the salses mgr., Scott, and "add-more-profit" person I and the "add-even-more-profit" person II (the finance guy). I bought my 1992 Ranger at the same physical location but a different owner, different experience, back then.

Also, the mini-van was "fixed" after a minor traffic accident at Sheehy recently, mostly body work, and the paint match on the four year old mini-van looks great.

Old 03-19-2001, 11:45 AM
Anyone knows any good dealers in NJ? I am planning on buying a 01 Supercrew soon.

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2001, 07:13 PM
Thumbs up

For Atlanta, I really liked Legacy Ford. Fast and efficient service.

[This message has been edited by murfster (edited 03-21-2001).]

Old 03-21-2001, 07:51 PM
Talking

Up here in Manitoba, Canada, Fairway Ford Sales in Steinbach is #1 with me. I have been dealing with this dealership since 1985 and they are the greatest. I have purchased new and used vehicles from them over the years, and travel the 60 minutes it takes to get there from my home for service (Passing several other Ford stores along the way). Our latest purchase was my 98 F150 XLT that I purchased used. They threw a dealer plate on it and let me have it for the week before firming up my decision to buy! For any significant service, a direct call to their service writers got the appointment and a courtesy car (read "FREE")has always been available. Like some of you, I like to watch what is happening to my babys, and there is no problem watching the service work being done or talking to the techs. I had an 85 cougar that I bought new there, and when the paint started peeling off the hood and roof in 1988, they brought in my car, dealt with Ford, gave me a courtesy car,and got me back on the road. No fuss - the owner is Ron Loepky and the best sales guy is Ike Kroeker (Ike used to be a partner in the business, but has semi retired and sold out his interest). Low key, low pressure, great service! What else is there?

Quick Reply: Good Dealers, Post'em Here