Did Mike Troyer fall off the planet? :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please tell me why the site still has Troyer listed as a sponsor? The website is dead, no one returns emails and some people like me had tunes created that don't work. I'm out $250 with nothing but tunes that will turn my engine into scrap!

Old 10-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
guess you kind of got your answer.

IMO , websites like this one have really turned into a vehicle for google adds. the supporting vendor was something popular in the early 2000's . i cant remember the last time a supporting vendor actually participated in daily discussion. Most sites have also turned into a tool for the car manufactures. so any aftermarket vendors and buyers might be not be so quick to post.

this site has over 220,000 users, at any given time 10 to 20 are logged in and there are 1000 to 1500 visitors.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:13 PM
I haven't been around here in a long time, but I can say this; Mike Troyer was a man of his word. Even after I was a real @$$hole towards him prior to knowing him or his products he still took the time to personally talk to me and deal with me in a true professional manner. And then his products backed up his talk and I was impressed from all angels as to his services and him as a person. Whatever has happened, I hope him only the best and to those who were angry with him, I can assure you that he would never leave a customer hung out to dry unless it was beyond his control.

If anyone hears from him, or knows what has happened please PM me. I'd like to send him a card or something.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:29 PM
No doubt one of the premier tuners during his time here. Not surprised he jumped up and disappeared like he did. A very convoluted person.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Marx, at least use a different birthday in your profile

Old 06-15-2016, 03:17 PM
Nothing to hide here, just been away a long time and some things change.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:01 PM
It's too bad Troyer Perf. is 'no more'. Having bought quite a few products from them I was used to hearing Anita answer the phone. However, now their number is no longer in use.

For those of you (and future me) who need a tune for their F-150, try DynoJet. I had my 2006 Expedition on one of their Dyno's in 2014 with three custom tunes done. One of them increased my transmission pressure while the others were based upon different factors. I don't go for the typical 87, 89 and 91 canned tunes as I always run Chevron 91 since 93 octane is not available out here...100 octane is though, lol.

Just consider who you're buying from and for how long they've been around. Case in point; my 5.4 3v underdrive pulley for my crank has to be replaced, but Troyer Perf is closed and I'm searching for a new one or will have to revert to an OEM one. The electric fans I bought from them still work, however I have to buy the circuit breaker online now.

Gotta go.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
HI!... Anyone have any new info on Troyers whereabouts/condition. Just curious.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Neal
HI!... Anyone have any new info on Troyers whereabouts/condition. Just curious.

Last time I heard anything from a person that would know, supposedly he was in the Richmond Va. area. He often spoke of relocating to Lexington Va. to have a larger local customer base than he had in Covington, but I have searched for him there and unless he's changed identities he is not there.
I believe he has moved on and in no longer tuning for the general public.
( as close as we once were, if he wanted to talk to me, he definitely knows how to do so, so therefore I quit looking) Sad, as I was nothing but a true friend to him.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
HI!... Thanks for the reply. I knew Mike for over 15 years. Would chat with him about 4-5 times a month. The story I keep hearing from different sources is that he went in for a back operation and it didn't go right and he's either stuck in a wheelchair or can barely move. Don't know if this is true or not, but that's the rumor.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:19 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Very sad and tragic for one's health to decline.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:14 PM
While it's good to see some old faces in here, (Hey Jbrew, Neal) I'm saddened to hear about Mike Troyer. Definitely doesn't seem like his style to just up and go missing, especially when customers haven't received things they've paid for. He loved picking up the phone and making lenghty, surprise phone calls. Doesn't look like he'll be making a comeback though, hope everyone was made whole in some way or another.

Does anyone happen to have any idea who Troyer used for his "mil-spec" e-fan controllers so I can get a direct replacement? Dearle? House sourced, custom spec?

Old 04-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Neal
HI!... Thanks for the reply. I knew Mike for over 15 years. Would chat with him about 4-5 times a month. The story I keep hearing from different sources is that he went in for a back operation and it didn't go right and he's either stuck in a wheelchair or can barely move. Don't know if this is true or not, but that's the rumor.
If that's true it is sad. I dealt with Mike many times way back in the beginning of the Gen 2 history and when F150 was the place to be if you had a Gen2 Lightning..Both of those things are no longer.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:47 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I know …. long ago thread. I was just thinking about them, I look up on the hill when I pass by on I-64. Never have heard for sure.

I am still happy with my the FP-1865 he sold me on in 2010 though..

The following users liked this post:
evo
Old 09-09-2020, 12:36 AM
Got a Troyer tune on my 07 KR 150 about 12 years and 250,000 miles ago...truck still going strong. The mechanic who did my State inspection last month said he was surprised that the truck was still peppy.

Quick Reply: Did Mike Troyer fall off the planet? :)