Did Mike Troyer fall off the planet? :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jbravo316
Anyone find out what really happened? We had our differences, but I would never wish any bad will to someone's health.
Absolutely!

I definitely hope everything is well with Mike. We all know how life can take you where it wants and how quickly it can happen. Hopefully life hasn't thrown any serious wrenches.

D

Old 01-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I emailed Troyer on Sunday and Mikes wife Anita emailed me back today. She told me that they have moved and that they aren't open right now. So it told her I would wait to get the underdrive pullys from them and the custom tunes. I then asked her when they might be opening again she then did tell me that Mike has fallen il and not sure what is going to happen. I didn't ask any more of what was wrong not my business. I wish I would have gotten stuff from them before all this. The fact that she responded and explained her husband was sick is unreal. That's great customer service. I wish the Troyer family the best.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:41 PM
Also with this where is the next best place to get custom tunes for my 05 f150 5.4l. I have a k&n CAI and x4 programmer. I was just lucky to land a great used troyer underdrive pully kit for cheap. Will be installing next week. Thank you for the help ahead of time. I know I just posted first time today but this site has helped a lot on my trucks changes.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
makes no sense. if i watched my lifes work just slowly die, i would die with it.

my wife would have to pay the bills.

my years of customers would have to be taken care of or at least offered a "good by"

where is all the stuff, dyno tools , stock?

what happened to employees. none of them could at least handle the parts and amil order company?

anyone self employeed or owns a small business should have a plan to handle situations like this, at the very least sell the phone number, internet address and customer list.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sense or not... it is what it is. Whatever is going on, I wish them the best. They were nothing but helpful and very much a cornerstone of this site for a lot of years. I great to know Mike and Anita and truly value their friendship. I do, sincerely, hope that all goes well for them -- whatever happens.

That said...

There are several other good options for your 05'. Stick around and I'm certain that you'll get a plethora of opinions. Plus, I'd encourage you to look back through some of the old threads to see what was said back in the days of 'Troyer versus (insert name of tuner here)'. As you've discerned, Troyer was a prevalent choice for a lot of us (and that includes me as a paying customer) back in the day. I had a 05 and loved what he was able to do for mine.

-RP-

Old 01-20-2015, 05:26 PM
I hate hearing this. Mike has always been a strongly opinionated and seemingly strong person from what I know of him. I hope that strength serves him well and pulls him through any obstacles in his path.

Mike, you are in our prayers.

D

Old 01-20-2015, 05:36 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by zx6r99
Also with this where is the next best place to get custom tunes for my 05 f150 5.4l.
If you are dead set on a mail order tune, the only one I would recommend is Blue Oval Chips...the gent is a Ford MSE (PCM/Trans) and has been around for decades (20+)

Old 01-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by zx6r99
Well I emailed Troyer on Sunday and Mikes wife Anita emailed me back today. She told me that they have moved and that they aren't open right now. So it told her I would wait to get the underdrive pullys from them and the custom tunes. I then asked her when they might be opening again she then did tell me that Mike has fallen il and not sure what is going to happen. I didn't ask any more of what was wrong not my business. I wish I would have gotten stuff from them before all this. The fact that she responded and explained her husband was sick is unreal. That's great customer service. I wish the Troyer family the best.
That sux

Thoughts and prayers going out to Mike and family....hoping you get better

Old 01-20-2015, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by beechkid
If you are dead set on a mail order tune, the only one I would recommend is Blue Oval Chips...the gent is a Ford MSE (PCM/Trans) and has been around for decades (20+)
This is not Lonnie bashing because Lonnie does a fine job and I would recommend him as well.

But where in the world did you hear that he was a Ford MSE? That part of your post is just simple inaccurate. He is former Navy and quite talented, but never a Ford engineer. Jerry W worked for Ford and so did Mark K. Perhaps you are confusing one of them for him?

D

Old 02-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
HI!... zx6r99 that's good to hear. I'll try e-mailing Anita and see if I can get anymore information.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:16 AM
I just delivered something to this guy. He told me he's out of the business. The only reason I found this forum is bc he told me he was the premier tuner in the country so it peaked my interest...he had a lightning sitting in his yard with a troyerperformance sticker on the windshield. I thought he was just bull****tin me but I guess not

Old 05-11-2015, 12:59 PM
I will vouch for him not being totally full of crap.

Sorry to hear that he is out of business, but really glad to hear that he's still alive and kicking.

D

Old 05-11-2015, 02:50 PM
It's not everyday someone claims to be the best in the country...so I did a lil googling and found these threads. He said he's had 3 surgeries on his back

Old 05-19-2015, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by chubbs
It's not everyday someone claims to be the best in the country...so I did a lil googling and found these threads. He said he's had 3 surgeries on his back
All us Good "Ol"(d) Boyz that been working on wrecks for years know exactly what Mike is going through. I got out of it before I wrecked my own back but I know a significant number of 50 something's that are suffering this exact issue.
Bending over fenders for 30 years WILL wreck your back and once your back is shot Life just SUX. I am very empathetic with his situation and IF anyone can perhaps at least get their tune records from him this would definately be helpful AND Tossin the dude a few bucks would HELP Him out I am certain. jus sayin

Old 06-26-2015, 08:29 AM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone have any updates on what's going on with Mike? FYI, Mike was in a bad Car accident when he was young and should have not made it. So maybe that had caught up to him in his older yrs?

Last edited by evo; 06-26-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Did Mike Troyer fall off the planet? :)