Brand new SCT fried!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand new SCT fried!?

So a few days before Thanksgiving I received a brand Sct x3. I bought the x3 from JDM Engineering, which came with a custom tune for my supercharger preloaded onto it. So over thanksgiving break I installed my blower, loaded the tune, and had not a single issue. Tune is awesome, truck runs GREAT, and never had a single glitch or issue with the x3.

Now.... today I tried to go out and do some data logging to send JDM so they could perfect my tune. Plug it up to the truck and it boots up as normal. I go on following the instructions for data logging, select the pid's I want logged, then the screen pops up and says make sure truck is running then hit continue. Truck is running, hit continue, the x3 goes blank just illuminating the background! I look at my buddy helping me and we both go wtf.. So I give it some time, nothing changes. Luckily the truck starts/runs perfectly fine.

We try plugging it into the computer and back into the truck a few times, still the same old results of a blank black/blue illuminated screen. Checked and it has the latest update, which it should considering it's only a few weeks old. Now it's time to call SCT. I talk to a respesentative that is more than helpful and willing to get my problem solved ASAP. He didn't feel comfortable trying to fix it over the phone, so he is sending me a prepaid shipping label to get my x3 in the mail today and guaranteed he will get it resolved! SCT support was beyond my expectation. He also noted they couldn't find any record of an issue occurring under my circumstances happen before.

Has anyone heard/read of this specific scenario occurring before? I really want to know what caused this.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stuff happens, so it's hard to say what's causing it. I've always had great luck with their technical support and customer service. I had to send my old Xcal3 in for repairs not that long ago and it was back in my hands in a week. It was well out of warranty.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
*Plug in the X3/SF3 to the vehicles OBD2 port.
•Scroll down to Data Logging, Press Select.
•Then Scroll down to Setup Monitor, Press Select.
•Config Analog Inputs? Select Yes or No, answering yes will allow you to connect a wideband or any other 0-5V component to the device analog input
•Pick Diesel or Gas, then press select.
•You are now ready to pick the pids. oSelect them by highlighting them and then pressing select. You’ll notice that an Arrow will show next to the PID once selected. oYou can select up to 20 Pids. NOTE: Default parameters are generated from a generic list of readable PCM parameters. It is possible that some pids shown will not be log able on your particular vehicle.
•Press Cancel to Exit from the list of Pids.
•This will bring you to a Save Data Configuration Menu. oSelect – Save OK, Left – Back, Cancel – Exit
•Start Data Logging oSelect – OK, Cancel – Exit
•A Message will display stating to make sure the vehicle is running, press Select to Start Recording.
•Once The Log has started, you can press LEFT/RIGHT arrows to view additional PIDS.
•Select will Stop Recording.
•Cancel will Exit the Log.

•You can Review this Log using a Computer with Livelink 4.24 or greater installed. •Once 4.24 is installed and open…
•Then press: File/ Import Data log file from X3/livewire.
•A pop up box appears, Select Datalog0.dat from the list, then Press Ok.
•This will open and display the saved datalog.
Sounds like you were doing the correct procedure.....sometimes crap happens...

Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Ya it sure does lol

I really can't complain though because my truck still runs! But SCT is doing awesome helping me out! I also ruined the warranty void sticker, not a problem he said. I'm glad to be dealing with SCT, they get a

Old 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Sounds like great customer service

Old 12-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Mine was doing something similar last night. Make it to the "Turn key to on, but dont start" screen and it would freeze there. I was like WTF?? I jiggled the cable and all was well.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I would definitely give SCT a call without hesitation, they were awesome to deal with! I shipped mine off yesterday at their expense, said they will take care of it asap. Cant ask for more than that...

Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Hey BlackOut07, I know this is an old thread however, I had/having the exact same issue and under the exact same circumstances. Verbatim. Did SCT advise of the root cause and/or indicate what fix was applied?

I plan on contacting SCT however, I wanted to make an attempt in procuring some advanced knowledge.

Anyone else whom may offer insight with regard, please feel free........Thanks!!

Originally Posted by BlackOut07
So a few days before Thanksgiving I received a brand Sct x3. I bought the x3 from JDM Engineering, which came with a custom tune for my supercharger preloaded onto it. So over thanksgiving break I installed my blower, loaded the tune, and had not a single issue. Tune is awesome, truck runs GREAT, and never had a single glitch or issue with the x3.

Now.... today I tried to go out and do some data logging to send JDM so they could perfect my tune. Plug it up to the truck and it boots up as normal. I go on following the instructions for data logging, select the pid's I want logged, then the screen pops up and says make sure truck is running then hit continue. Truck is running, hit continue, the x3 goes blank just illuminating the background! I look at my buddy helping me and we both go wtf.. So I give it some time, nothing changes. Luckily the truck starts/runs perfectly fine.

We try plugging it into the computer and back into the truck a few times, still the same old results of a blank black/blue illuminated screen. Checked and it has the latest update, which it should considering it's only a few weeks old. Now it's time to call SCT. I talk to a respesentative that is more than helpful and willing to get my problem solved ASAP. He didn't feel comfortable trying to fix it over the phone, so he is sending me a prepaid shipping label to get my x3 in the mail today and guaranteed he will get it resolved! SCT support was beyond my expectation. He also noted they couldn't find any record of an issue occurring under my circumstances happen before.

Has anyone heard/read of this specific scenario occurring before? I really want to know what caused this.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Ttt

Old 10-03-2014, 03:26 AM
Ttt

Old 10-03-2014, 06:58 AM
BlackOut07 hasn't logged in a while...

Last Activity: 12-09-2013 11:19 PM

Quick Reply: Brand new SCT fried!?