Edge Evolution Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Evolution Issue

Has anyone experienced a problem with their Edge Evo being sensitive to dash temperatures? I have a unit that works perfectly until the vehicle sets in strong sun on a warm day. When this happens and I start the truck the display on the unit seems to pulse from normal to dim and eventually shuts down completely. If I run the AC for a few minutes and power cycle the unit at the OBD port it fires up anf stays running, but I lose all my monitoring history.

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced this...

Thanks,

Mike

Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by mikecyr
Has anyone experienced a problem with their Edge Evo being sensitive to dash temperatures? I have a unit that works perfectly until the vehicle sets in strong sun on a warm day. When this happens and I start the truck the display on the unit seems to pulse from normal to dim and eventually shuts down completely. If I run the AC for a few minutes and power cycle the unit at the OBD port it fires up anf stays running, but I lose all my monitoring history.

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced this...

Thanks,

Mike
Yup - it's a known deficiency with electronics of this type. Sitting on the dash like it does, it's probably close to 150 degrees or more inside the programmer. It shuts down to prevent damage, and, the LCD screen doesn't like to function in high heat either.

I use a sunshade across my windshield and have never had a problem. It also "darkens" and hides the programmer somewhat making it not such a tempting target.

- Jack

Old 08-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I use a sunshade across my windshield and have never had a problem. It also "darkens" and hides the programmer somewhat making it not such a tempting target.

- Jack
X2 My truck sits all week at work (drive to it to work on Sunday and home on Thursday) so the shade keeps the sun from beating that thing down. I didnt start using one until i got the edge.

plus keeps the black leather from burning me

Old 08-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I use a sunshade and I put a towel over the Edge Evo to help keep the heat and prying eyes off of it. So far, no problems.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:21 AM
k_h
Originally Posted by DJ2007
I use a sunshade and I put a towel over the Edge Evo to help keep the heat and prying eyes off of it. So far, no problems.
I've been doing that since I got mine.. about a month ago.. well the screen still went black.. going to have to call Edge tomorrow... barely could see the screen to put it back to stock..

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution Issue