SC Flashpac NG

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC Flashpac NG

Purchased a flashpac for my '02 Lincoln Blackwood. (5.4L 32V) with K&N CAI. Did some base 0-60 runs with stock tune best time 8.19 sec. Loaded the performance 91 tune and 0-60 dropped to best of 9.8 sec. Called SC and did a download with them while on the phone. A week later on this Monday I called and spoke to Chris who said "the Ford guy has it and you should see it this week". Been two weeks now and after my second call this AM the rep said "the engineers have it..." Asked when I could expect the tune and was told he couldn't give me a date??? WTF. Is this the normal customer service at SC? Anyone have a suggestion as I'm ready to return it and try something else.
Thanks
Bill

Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please take the time to read through the 100000000000000000s of posts from members that 1) asked the same question about which programmer to buy and 2) bought a programmer and submitted their review.

Yes, from what I have read on this and other forums, Bully*****, HyperCrap, and SuperCrap all have the same basic level of NON-service. There are exceptions, but it appears you have to get the 'right' guy at each of the company.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Please take the time to read through the 100000000000000000s of posts from members that 1) asked the same question about which programmer to buy and 2) bought a programmer and submitted their review.

Yes, from what I have read on this and other forums, Bully*****, HyperCrap, and SuperCrap all have the same basic level of NON-service. There are exceptions, but it appears you have to get the 'right' guy at each of the company.
Shotgunz Thanks... I did read several posts and reviews but thought I had a fairly common vehicle. By any chance do you (or anyone else) know who the "right guy" at SC might be. Perhaps A better question would have been ...Is anyone sucessfully running a tuner on a Blackwood?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM
CS & CTS not available.

FYI CS & CTS on intergalatic backorder for last 6 months... no clue as to when they will be available.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Really? Wonder why PHP is offering free shipping?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...-php-sale.html

Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Just telling you what Cody at PHP said.
I got my SC on-line from Vehicle Programmers in CA and will attempt a return/swap for an Edge CS, as their site says they have them in stock..

Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by BillsBW
Just telling you what Cody at PHP said.
I got my SC on-line from Vehicle Programmers in CA and will attempt a return/swap for an Edge CS, as their site says they have them in stock..
I would go that route and get some custom tunes. I have a Flashpaq and it is alright, but I have never gotten some of the features to work properly in the 4 years I have had it. I purchased mine for $425 (after taxes) in late 06 and if I would have known about custom tuning back then I would have gone that route. I wish I would have come across F150ol before I purchased it or while I was still in the return period. I think my Flashpaq is only worth about $50-100 tops.. Oh well, live and learn.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Randyl9ll
I would go that route and get some custom tunes. I have a Flashpaq and it is alright, but I have never gotten some of the features to work properly in the 4 years I have had it. I purchased mine for $425 (after taxes) in late 06 and if I would have known about custom tuning back then I would have gone that route. I wish I would have come across F150ol before I purchased it or while I was still in the return period. I think my Flashpaq is only worth about $50-100 tops.. Oh well, live and learn.
Thanks Randy.....looks like the CS is not available for my '02 Blackwood, at least according to the Vehicle Programmers guy. BTW the Vehicle Programmers guy was more than helpful and checked with Edge to be sure that their CS was compatible before shipping one to me. apparently it isn't so I need to do a little more research..

Old 08-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Factual update!!

For anyone who is thinking about purchasing a programmer here are a few current facts based on my experience over the last month. After purchasing and connecting the Superchips 1865 FlashPack and loading the "91 performance" tune I got an average of 2 seconds slower 0 - 60. Called SC who couldn't have cared less and after waiting two weeks for the "Ford Guy" to look at it, with no estimate of when that would happen I returned the unit.
Looked into the CS/CTS next and the Mfg. replied to my Email and told me they just didn't have a unit that would work for my truck ('02 Blackwood 5.7L 32V).
Called Mike at 5 Star and was pleasantly surprised that he spent 10 minutes with me answering all my questiions. He asked for the my PCM code and built a unit (SCT X3) with 87 Econ., 87 Perf., and 93 Perf. Tunes. The 0 - 60 times with the 87 Perf. tune (and octane) are almost identical to the stock tune with 93 octane. Trans shifts are noticably smoother, sooner, later or firmer depending on what your right foot is doing or not doing. My onboard MPG display is showing slightly better mileage by about .5 MPG. Bottom line: (1) I get the same 0 - 60 times with 87 as I did with 93. (2) The transmission behaves MUCH better and (3) With 200 miles, fuel consumption is at least as good as stock. Only down side is the X3 does not have a built in speed, time, distance function for 0 - 30, 40 50, 60, etc. but there are several iPhone apps that can supply that info (and it's an independent result).

Old 08-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Damn, must have been a fluke with the tuning or the program in that one. Did you also use high test gas with the SC tuner?

My 2007 F-150 5.4 3v Scab FX4 picked up in response, shifting, and dropped in 0-60 and 0-80 times going from stock tune to 87 Perf tune .... and in steady cruise highway driving I got a mileage boost as well. I have yet to play with the high test tunes as I don't use all she has now, no need to buy high test too. I got my SC FP 1865 in early 2010.

Sorry to hear about your unhappy experience with SC.

Last edited by tbear853; 08-12-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Of course I used high test.... and to be sure that there are no misunderstandings my "unhappy experience" was with Superchips (SC) not CS the other brand.

Originally Posted by tbear853
Damn, must have been a fluke with the tuning or the program in that one. Did you also use high test gas with the SC tuner?

My 2007 F-150 5.4 3v Scab FX4 picked up in response, shifting, and dropped in 0-60 and 0-80 times going from stock tune to 87 Perf tune .... and in steady cruise highway driving I got a mileage boost as well. I have yet to play with the high test tunes as I don't use all she has now, no need to buy high test too. I got my SC FP 1865 in early 2010.

Sorry to hear about your unhappy experience with CS.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by BillsBW
Of course I used high test.... and to be sure that there are no misunderstandings my "unhappy experience" was with Superchips (SC) not CS the other brand.
Woops, I meant SC ..... :o

Until I read your post, I don't recall even hearing of a "Blackwood" .... first I knew of 5.4 4v in a truck. I'm sure they made a few thousand, but they ain't common. Perhaps like I said, the tuning for that vehicle is defective some how?

Anyway, glad you're happy now.

Quick Reply: SC Flashpac NG