Old 07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ that sucks. I would die in 107*

Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
^ that sucks. I would die in 107*
But in Arizona, it's a DRY heat (the skeletons lying out in the desert don't seem to mind it much).

- Jack

Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
But in Arizona, it's a DRY heat (the skeletons lying out in the desert don't seem to mind it much).

- Jack

Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

- Jack
Here in the plains, we were toping 112 the other day, with lots of humidity. It sucks. Don't have pics of the IAT but I have one of the truck saying 110. IAT's were in the range of 125-150. Depending on if I was stopped or cruising on the Highway.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by poolboy1191
Here in the plains, we were toping 112 the other day, with lots of humidity. It sucks. Don't have pics of the IAT but I have one of the truck saying 110. IAT's were in the range of 125-150. Depending on if I was stopped or cruising on the Highway.
I'll take my Arizona dry heat any day. Having spent quite a bit of my life in Texas, where King Ranch Coy is from, I know it can get pretty humid there too. (I was at Del Rio and San Antonio, pretty near where he is.)

- Jack

Old 07-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in SFL also. I have 2010 fx4 stock intake, I see temps ip to about 30 over air temp at idle but once I am moving 25 mph or so I see it cool down to just about air temp, any thing over 40 I go to air temp quickly.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:23 AM
I'll take my Arizona dry heat any day. Having spent quite a bit of my life in Texas, where King Ranch Coy is from, I know it can get pretty humid there too. (I was at Del Rio and San Antonio, pretty near where he is.)

- Jack
Del Rio humid? Ha, they are dry as a bone compared to the coastal region that I spend much of my time in...but all this high heat and humidity wont stop me from testing out my new Penn 309 on some big catfish today. Gonna go up the river in the kayak and see just how big of a fish I can hook.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:44 AM
here in fort worth,tx with temps at 104ish ive had my iat from 115 to 160 while driving. the highest ive had was 195 only after driving home from work sit for an hour then get back in and drive away.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Longshot270
Del Rio humid? Ha, they are dry as a bone compared to the coastal region that I spend much of my time in...but all this high heat and humidity wont stop me from testing out my new Penn 309 on some big catfish today. Gonna go up the river in the kayak and see just how big of a fish I can hook.
No, Longshot, I know Del Rio is pretty dry. I was mostly referring to San Antonio, but Del Rio is not far from San Angelo. Since Texas is such a BIG State, I wanted to locate myself.

- Jack

Old 07-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Pardon me while I jack this thread! Has anyone posted a list of normal operating values of the many options on the edge? I just installed mine and I have a idea that my truck is running spot on, but I would realy like to know what the norms are. So if anyone has the skills and knowledge :;'cough(^*! Jackandjanet #(!*Cough:":" that would be a useful post to me and possibly others who finally pull the trigger on money that is very well spent on a tuner.

Personally I just put it on numbers that change a lot to distract me from less than important stuff such as school zones and stop lights

Old 07-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Jughed
Pardon me while I jack this thread! Has anyone posted a list of normal operating values of the many options on the edge? I just installed mine and I have a idea that my truck is running spot on, but I would realy like to know what the norms are. So if anyone has the skills and knowledge :;'cough(^*! Jackandjanet #(!*Cough:":" that would be a useful post to me and possibly others who finally pull the trigger on money that is very well spent on a tuner.

Personally I just put it on numbers that change a lot to distract me from less than important stuff such as school zones and stop lights
I've posted some "limits" a couple of times, but I think you're going to get varying opinions on what is "normal". I suspect it depends a lot on where you live. Here in southern Arizona, I'm used to seeing higher temperatures than most others for the engine and transmission. Cruising on the interstate, no heavy load, I'll see 210 for CHT and probably 165 for transmission temperature. Under load, both these values move up pretty quickly.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Intake temp 120F + ???