Anyone w/CS get PHP tunes yet (09+)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone w/CS get PHP tunes yet (09+)?

Hey guys. I know a few of us have ordered the CS or CTS for the 09+ from PHP. Just wondering if anyone has received their custom tunes for CS or CTS programmers and if so, how do they compare to canned? Also, if you did get them, what time frame did it take you to receive them? (Rapidly approaching the 4 month mark waiting for mine. )

Old 12-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered mine in early September; still haven't received them.

I'm guessing PHP is waiting until Edge figures out how to program the TCM.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks, Shotgunz, I was just wondering if we were all in the same boat on this. I sent a few emails to Corey, but haven't rec'd a response. I really don't want to bombard the folks at PHP, if its something we are all facing, would just be nice to know what's happening. Hopefully, we'll hear something about our custom tunes.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes. It took a couple of weeks. From another post...
'09 5.4 SCREW
Stock 0-60 on 93 octane 8.5 seconds
PHP (Edge CTS) canned 93 perf on 93 octane 0-60 8.4 seconds (timing way too advanced)
PHP Custom 93 0-60 on 93 octane 0-60 8.2 seconds (timing still a little too advanced)
PHP Custom 87 0-60 on 93 octane 0-68 7.8 seconds (timing just right)

Old 01-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Ordered mine in early September; still haven't received them.

I'm guessing PHP is waiting until Edge figures out how to program the TCM.
Shotgnuz - You need to call PHP. You should have had your tunes by now.

- Jack

Old 01-02-2011, 11:51 AM
In march or april it will be a year since i first placed my order with php, still not a working tune. So don't get your hopes up.

Mines a diesel though, so perhaps they can tune gas vehices.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:01 PM
glc
Received 765 Likes on 708 Posts
Something is not right - PHP is one of the best Powerstroke tuners out there. Have you been communicating with PHP? What's the problem?

Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by sonic blue l
In march or april it will be a year since i first placed my order with php, still not a working tune. So don't get your hopes up.

Mines a diesel though, so perhaps they can tune gas vehices.
Sonic - they tune diesels too, as you well know. However, you've bounced your engine's strategy around like a ping pong ball and weren't happy with the results.

I know you want to go back to the original strategy and tune now and it's pretty clear there's a communications block between you and PHP. Try to just settle down and ask them to reload your original tune on the server. (Possibly, if you submit a trouble ticket?)

- Jack

Old 01-02-2011, 12:04 PM
2009KR - thanks for the stats. I ran the 87 performance consistently on my old 06 and loved it. When did you order your CTS? Ordered my CS on Sept. 7 - right after Edge released them for the 09-up models. Maybe my order just got lost in the rush. I guess a call is in order for me too.

Last edited by dlsipe1; 01-02-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Sonic - they tune diesels too, as you well know. However, you've bounced your engine's strategy around like a ping pong ball and weren't happy with the results.

I know you want to go back to the original strategy and tune now and it's pretty clear there's a communications block between you and PHP. Try to just settle down and ask them to reload your original tune on the server. (Possibly, if you submit a trouble ticket?)

- Jack
First you need to get the facts straight.

The reason why i changed my strat is because they said they could not provide a decent tune based off of a vxcf9. They never told me this when i sent the purchase form. A simple email could have provided me with this information. (i paid for tunes, it was not a free update or any such things from a calibration change)

Then after smokey, hi egt, no power tunes i was told that the problem was my vxcf9 base calibration and thats as good as it gets. Considering the canned evo tunes were better i was a little bit dissapointed to say the least. They recommend rolling back to a previous calibration such as their common roll back vxcf4.

Thus i turned it back to a vxcf4 at their request. They sent me updated tunes for the vxcf4, however all the tunes were the same. I filled out a ticket and they updated again, now the updated extreme will do nothing but cause my truck to buck at any more then 1/4 throttle. I did not even bother to try the tow tune as i had enough frustration. Again canned tunes perform better, so ya i'm a little choked that its been almost a year and mulitple posts and tickets and nothing is done.

BTW I did a double ticket, i did a post on their website under general conerns, I also did a post under pegasus to see if they would load my original tune file that i could provide. Anything else i should try?

BTW sorry to the original poster for hi-jacking

Old 01-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Global Moderator &

As I said, there's a "communications block". You've just explained things here and I still don't understand why you decided to "fix something that wasn't broke". (Maybe I'm just getting senile.)

- Jack

Old 01-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
As I said, there's a "communications block". You've just explained things here and I still don't understand why you decided to "fix something that wasn't broke". (Maybe I'm just getting senile.)

- Jack
Perhaps there is a communictaion block, as i don't under stand what you ment by fixing something that wasn't broke?

Its simple i ordered a tune and they could not provide a usable tune, thus i wait until they provide the service i paid for. Or I give up and loose the money. Btw i did ask for a refund, but they said there is no refunds and that they will work with you (meaing me) to resolve the concern. I'm waiting for the resolution.

Anyway just out of curiousity i filled out a ticket, then i added to that ticket twice. (the ticket does show an open state) Should have i kept creating new tickets or continued with the ticket for the present concern as i did?

Last edited by sonic blue l; 01-03-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by sonic blue l
Perhaps there is a communictaion block, as i don't under stand what you ment by fixing something that wasn't broke?

Its simple i ordered a tune and they could not provide a usable tune, thus i wait until they provide the service i paid for. Or I give up and loose the money. Btw i did ask for a refund, but they said there is no refunds and that they will work with you (meaing me) to resolve the concern. I'm waiting for the resolution.

Anyway just out of curiousity i filled out a ticket, then i added to that ticket twice. (the ticket does show an open state) Should have i kept creating new tickets or continued with the ticket for the present concern as i did?
The way I understood things, you had a tune for the vxcf4 strategy once upon a time, were happy with it and now want to return to it (after trying different strategies). As I said though, I'm most certainly confused, since I know next to nothing about diesels.

At this time, if you read other threads, Bill is sick (which is rare for him) and I expect him to be out of action for a few days. I have brought up your situation in the moderator's forum at PHP, so honestly, I'm trying to get you a resolution.

I'd really suggest you try to call them during their phone hours (10:00AM-3:00PM EST). And, I know it's hard to get through, but keep trying.

- Jack

Old 01-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by dlsipe1
Hey guys. I know a few of us have ordered the CS or CTS for the 09+ from PHP. Just wondering if anyone has received their custom tunes for CS or CTS programmers and if so, how do they compare to canned? Also, if you did get them, what time frame did it take you to receive them? (Rapidly approaching the 4 month mark waiting for mine. )
Have you gotten any emails to update your programmer? If not then you might try sending them a message asking them about the status. What they do is send you an email when the tune is done but NOT online. Then you update the programmer for the latest stuff from Edge. Next you send them an email saying your programmer is ready for custom tunes. Then Bill puts them online for you to download. Any loss of communication will result in nothing happening.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, I spoke to Corey today. She said that my hex code hadn't been received into the system. (Could have sworn I had done that, but dang, I must not have.) Anyway, she was very helpful and the process is again moving. I updated my CS when I first got it and it said no updates available. I'll hook it up again and let PHP know. Thanks for all the input!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone w/CS get PHP tunes yet (09+)?