A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new in cabin programmer

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the latest some shots of the product we showcased at the big Jeep event in Moab Utah last week.

Pictured in order are the two application screens. The steering wheel version allows you to thumb through the options on the wheel. The second screen shows a general listing of the features. (More will be present upon release of the product):

DAQ is next showing you the analog gauge options. You will be able to push on any one of the gauges to select the sensor you want projected as well as have the ability to customize the image or graphic in the gauge background:

Next is the Jeep specific Inclinometer:

And the 720p HD quality video camera + still image camera features:

What you are looking at is strictly demo software and so some of the features are not present but you get the gist of the product and what it will look like once complete but as you can see we are progressing pretty well.

Scott

Old 05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seems like it will be a really solid product. I like the inclinometer. lol.
Any projected sales dates yet or retailing prices?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor
Not at this time but when I do hear something I will be sure to let you know.

Scott

Old 06-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Here are the latest alpha testing screen shots of the VIVID.

The VIVID software offers the same best in class tuning levels and features as offered in the Flashpaq and Cortex programmers.

There is a separate one button return to stock feature so you can quickly get back to stock for service visits or any other reason you desire to be in stock trim.

You will get 2 DAQ features. The first one offers real time sensor data in a bar graph form. The bar graph data offers up to 4 icons on the left of the screen. The first icon offers 0-30 mph, 0-60 mph, 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile and 1 mile data with storage to save the runs.

The next two icons cover groupings of the most popular engine sensors.

The fourth icon offers data on vehicle speed, mph, etc....

Each of these icons can be selected at random as often as the user wants.

The second DAQ option is an application that offers real time sensor data in an analog gauge format providing a total of 5 gauges on the screen.

Touching an individual gauge pulls up a list of features that allow you to customize a number of options including how the face looks and what specific sensor you would like to view and record.

There is a mileage monitor called the Driving Coach that details your particular mileage gains or losses in real time helping those interested in improving their mileage actually see the results as they change their driving habits.

A Maintenance Manager allows you the ability to program reminders in the application such as an oil change so you don’t forget.

Additional to the vehicle specific features a few Droid options are conveniently linked into the VIVID software for easy access. Some of those features are a Still/Video camera

Movie player

And music player that can play music in the background while you tune.

Scott

Old 06-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you update us on this question...... at least on the 09+ trans part of it?

Originally Posted by MGDfan
Superchips, may I ask you a question?

Does/will this product fully support the 09+ F150 TCM, and fully expose all relevant end-user adjustments for these transmissions? ( part-throttle & WOT shift points, shift firmness, TC lock/unlock shedules )?

If so - bravo.

If not, then the criticism I recently levelled at Edge would also apply here: Fancy non-mission-critical apps (mission = all-aspect tuning and control of same), (Maintenance minder, games, audio, etc, etc) should not take precedence over complete, mature core product functionality (see 'mission').

Additionally - did market research contribute towards the feature-set of this product? May I further ask what demographics were used? ( Refer to my iZombie post https://www.f150online.com/forums/4385712-post17.html )

Finally - Does your BT OBDII dongle react in the same fashion as SCT's newest device during a commo interruption?

EDIT - w.r.t. Android: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/8...29?tag=nl.e539

Thanks
MGD

Old 06-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Superchips
Sorry, I wasn't trying to dodge the question. The product will work the same way our current flash products do. It has software that captures the stock file and saves the data to the product memory. Then you select files available from the programmer and program the vehicle with the selections.

In the event you want to return to stock you just retune to stock and the performance tuning is removed and stock is applied back with out any residual files lingering that the dealer can see to give you problems with.

Scott
Ok, first things first, whatever your answer is going to be, please do not get too technical with it, or you will lose me pretty quick. I am in the market looking to buy a tablet, and with the possible release of the Avid and Dongle (funny name, why not just call it a pen-is), I am leaning a little more towards the android based Motorola Zoom - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Motorola...=1218305633252

That said, lets assume for a moment that I did buy the Zoom, and them got the Avid App, and Dongle I understand that the Zoom has a micro SD expansion slot in it. Could I store the factory tune directly on a micro sd and store it in a safe place so when the day comes that I drop, smash, lose, or have it stolen, my factory tunes are safe, and available to upload into my next android based tablet? It seems really scary to have the original truck tune, and all the app software on a device that is so easy to have stolen or destroyed. None of us plan on losing the information, but it will happen to some.

Are there any protection parameters in place for the consumer to get the app again, (for free the second time), and whatever custom tunes he has already paid for?

What tune options are going to be available for the Avid from superchips, or are you going to rely heavily on retail programmers to give us the tunes we seek? More specifically to us in this specific forum, what is available for the f150's, and for me, the 2010 f150 5.4?

When i looked at the Zoom today in best buy, the 19 year old sales kid lost me in a hurry about how the android apps are stored, but the ones he has already paid for and currently has on his android phone are available to him, even if he loses his current phone, and can be uploaded to his next phone, for free. I got to wondering if Superchips and their Avid App is built on this theory also.

Technology that I don't really understand kinda freaks me out.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor
I will try to keep it simple as possible. 2009 -2010 F150's using the 6-speed automatic transmission can take advantage of the following user adjustable options:

Shift points:

Each gear can be adjusted manually from stock up to an additional 500RPM. Users can adjust this feature by 100RPM increments. This feature extends the shift point out to take advantage or additional TQ at the top end that Ford limited for fuel mileage purposes. The reason for the 500RPM cap is for safety purposes and to not reduce drivability.

Shift Firmness:

We offer useable adjustments from stock up to an additional 50% increase. This allows the user the ability to customize their firmness to their liking without sacrificing drivetrain longevity in the process.

Trans TQ management is automatically tuned for better response by the engineer and is not a user adjustable feature.

TQ converter lockup is also fine-tuned but is not user adjustable.

Any questions let me know.

Scott

Last edited by Superchips; 06-27-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:01 PM
What about the Avid aspect of my second (long winded) question?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor
The Droid is not the actual device tuning the vehicle. The Droid is more along the lines of a nice LED TV with nice visual features. The POD which is the wireless device that is physically attached to the OBDII port is like a DVR controlling the actual tuning.

The POD serves as a secure device protecting vehicle files from becoming corrupted when copied to its memory as well as proprietary info we don’t want our competition to have access to. So no, there is no way to download the files from the device to an uncontrollable source like a flash drive.

Scott

Originally Posted by canadianelbow
What about the Avid aspect of my second (long winded) question?

Last edited by Superchips; 06-27-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:10 PM
The Droid is not the actual device tuning the vehicle. The Droid is more along the lines of a nice LED TV with nice visual features. The POD which is the wireless device that is physically attached to the OBDII port is like a DVR controlling the actual tuning.

The POD serves as a secure device protecting vehicle files from becoming corrupted when copied to its memory as well as proprietary info we don’t want our competition to have access to. So no, there is no way to download the files from the device to an uncontrollable source like a flash drive.

Scott
So am I correct in assuming that The factory default Tune in stored in the Pod (AKA Dongle?)? So in theory, I could load the new tune on the truck, remove that little OBDII connector, (and store it in a drawer in the house). Then if I ever have my fancy little Android device stollen, dropped, broken, or whatever, I can just buy another andriod device from Best Buy and I'd be perfectly ok?

Can you explain what would have to happen in order for us to lose either our original tune, or the app from whatever app source? Once we buy the App, (Avid) will it be accessible from the App source, and able to upload on another hardware device, or if I lose my device do I also lose the app for good?

I feel like a dog chasing his tail.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor
We are just now testing the app/POD with Droid based products so info is limited at best for the moment.

The POD is the controller and yes it can be removed and stored in a safe location if you don't plan to use our Data Acquisition software or other accessories attached to the two devices.

I am still waiting on info as to where the app is to be downloaded from. Our internet update site seems to be the likely source for that operation but as far as how it works with the purchase of the product, that info is still unknown to me at this time.

The app should work the same as our Flashpaq syncing the Droid and POD together at the time the vehicle is tuned similar to how our Flashpaq works. If the Droid is stolen customer service would have to get involved to get the POD and vehicle back to stock in order for a new Droid unit with the App installed to tune the vehicle.

The only way I can see you losing your stock files is if the POD is misplaced or stolen. Our products work like a factory scan tool when it comes to tuning and storage and are pretty bulletproof.

Believe me when I say that we are just as eager to get this product out to you as you are ready to get your hands on it. I hope to have more info soon and will be sure to update everyone at that point.

Scott

Originally Posted by canadianelbow
So am I correct in assuming that The factory default Tune in stored in the Pod (AKA Dongle?)? So in theory, I could load the new tune on the truck, remove that little OBDII connector, (and store it in a drawer in the house). Then if I ever have my fancy little Android device stollen, dropped, broken, or whatever, I can just buy another andriod device from Best Buy and I'd be perfectly ok?

Can you explain what would have to happen in order for us to lose either our original tune, or the app from whatever app source? Once we buy the App, (Avid) will it be accessible from the App source, and able to upload on another hardware device, or if I lose my device do I also lose the app for good?

I feel like a dog chasing his tail.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Look for its release around February of 2011.
So I'm still waiting.........

Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Former Sponsor
We are finalizing the owners manual now as well as the box design. I would assume that we are getting close.

Hang in there. it is not our intention to delay this any longer than necessary.

Scott

Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor
Here is the latest news:

Estimated ship dates for the VIVID now called VIVID PAQ is 8/31. Currently we are finalizing alpha testing on the product as well as getting the user’s manual and box graphic's this week or next.

The AVID now called the VIVID LINQ has no release data at the moment. I would assume it would be released shortly after provided we don't have issues related to different Android products/phones.

Scott

Old 09-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Former Sponsor
The long awaited Superchips VIVID PAQ for Ford applications is now shipping! Check with you dealer of choice for delivery dates and pricing details.

Quick Reply: A SEMA exclusive Sneak Peak at Superchips new in cabin programmer