Edge Error Code

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Sounds like it's not getting fuel then. I'll repeat what I said earlier, the Edge WILL NOT corrupt the program in the PCM as long as it's just "sitting there". Now, if you tried to change the tune, perhaps "on the fly", it may have corrupted the tune if there was a communications problem during that process. However, you made no mention of an attempt to alter the tune, so I did not consider that in your first post.

- Jack
I didn’t try to change the tune. I did however unplug it and then plug it back in when this happened on side of interstate. I’m not sure now if that was the smartest move. However, now , it acts as if I was trying to change the tune. After I plugged it back up, it says deleting files, updating, turn key to on, do not start, etc. then it says pcm not responding. Then it says error 150. Call edge Products.

Old 09-02-2020, 02:18 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Yes, that DOES sound like it wanted to reprogram the PCM. But I don't see why it would even try as long as you didn't command it to. Have you tried to get hold of Edge? Perhaps they might be able to offer some more helpful advice.

- Jack

Old 09-02-2020, 03:51 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Call Edge. Sounds like you at least need a new cable.

Now - I have a friend with a 99 7.3 diesel - they had an issue with the engine running really rough and cutting out when driving near radio towers. Their issue was the ICP sensor. Don't know if this is what caused it to die, but it's worth looking at.

Last edited by glc; 09-02-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Edge Error Code