Edge Error Code

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Edge Error Code

Ive been having a problem with the cable on my evo for a few weeks today it went off and i pushed it back in and it says error 150 call edge tech support. So i called them and told him the problem and he said i need to have the computer in front of me and we will get the truck back to stock then get a new cable for it. I told him i wasnt at home and i would call back in 15 mins when i get to the computer. He said great talk to you in a few. Get home and call back 8 mins later and they are closed for the day . Looks like he could have told me they are about to close. I am downloading fusion right now is there anything i can do myself to get the programer to not show the 150 code. I want to set the truck back to stock before it screws up.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
The "Error 150" occurs when the Edge is trying to communicate with the PCM and can't. If the cable is not faulty, a common reason for this is that the key was not in the "ON" position when the unit reboots, as it will try to do when first plugged in to the OBDII port. And, a failing battery CAN cause this too, if the voltage drops low enough when you are cranking the engine to start. The Edge will "see" the battery as momentarily disconnected and then when the alternator brings the voltage back up, since the Edge is already connected, it can't boot properly.

To remedy, turn the ignition key to the "ON" position, without starting the truck, disconnect the OBDII cable from below the dash, and then reconnect. If the PCM's calibration (HEX) code displays, the problem should be resolved.

If you don't see the hex code reboot though, you probably DO have a faulty cable. Do not try to reprogram the PCM if the cable is faulty!

Don't be in a hurry to set the truck to stock anyway. It will not hurt to have it "tuned" with the Edge not working.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 06-14-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't get past the "Error f150" with out Edge resetting the stock flag integer on their server.....

You will have to log into Fusion and it will automatically reset the Edge Evo to load the stock file the next time the Evo is plugged into the truck after completion you will then be able to change levels....

However I dealt with this same "Error F150" for almost a year.... Edge has a known communication error with the new bus cable they designed to allow the Evo to work on the NBS trucks.... Everytime I would change my program the Edge Evo bricked my truck with the "Erro F150". Edge replaced my cable 3 times and Edge Evo twice..... I still got the "Error F150", they stated it was my PCM and i needed to replace it.....

I sold my Edge Evo on Ebay after recieving the last replacement from Edge...

Edge was kind enough to offer me a discount price on the Edge CS... I guess they were tired of my monthly calls.

Upon installing the CS and multiple level changes my truck has yet to brick with an Error.......

Good luck,

Brasco

Old 06-14-2010, 10:13 PM
THanks guys for the answers. When i typed this i was a little mad and may have not said everything right. Ive been fighting with the cable problem for a few weeks the unit will just shut off and then i barely touch the cable and it will come back on and just within the last 2 days i cant get it to stay on so while the truck was running i pulled it all the way out then plugged it back in and that when the error 150 code showed up. I may have done wrong but i was thinking if it keeps shutting off totally unplugging it wouldnt do anything, guess i was wrong . Should Edge replace the cable for free or will i be charged, ive had it 8 months and bought it from autoanything.com. I did download Fusion and plugged the unit in and it did somethings then it told me to turn the truck to stock then plug the unit back in.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Call edge again and ask.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:19 PM
JUST called them and told them before we started i had a problem with the cord so he tells me to hook it up to fusion then tells me to go to the truck to get it back to stock and at the very end it froze up so now the truck wont even start and hes trying to tell me now it will be tomorrow before they can do anything. we are trying one more thing right now he sent me a stock tune to the edge and its in the truck right now programming. Why would he have told me to set it to stock when he knew it was having problems with the cable

Old 06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
JUST called them and told them before we started i had a problem with the cord so he tells me to hook it up to fusion then tells me to go to the truck to get it back to stock and at the very end it froze up so now the truck wont even start and hes trying to tell me now it will be tomorrow before they can do anything. we are trying one more thing right now he sent me a stock tune to the edge and its in the truck right now programming. Why would he have told me to set it to stock when he knew it was having problems with the cable
Brilliance at its best.
I would've ignored them and waited for a new cable.
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:57 AM
Edge error 150

I was driving down interstate at about 75mph when my truck(2002 f250 7.3)lost all power! My rpm went all the way down instantly and it started making a clicking noise. The kind of noise you hear when you have a bad battery. It won’t crank now. I unplugged my programmer ,thinking it may have come undone, and when it goes to reboot it shows error 150. It turns over real good , but clicks when I turn key to on position! This is my first diesel truck and first programmer I’ve ever had. I’ve had the truck for 5 months with no issues at all. Please help !!!

Old 08-30-2020, 10:59 AM
Error150

Also programmer tells me to call edge , but they were closed....

Old 08-30-2020, 01:14 PM
Global Moderator &

charcharwhite - The Edge cannot be causing your problem, since it functions simply as a monitor once you have programed the PCM in your truck. I think, if the starter doesn't turn over, you've got a mechanical problem with your truck. The fact that the Edge is showing Error 150 tells me it's seeing low voltage from the battery. You can disconnect the Edge from the OBD port so that message won't bother you.

If you really want to leave the Edge installed, you need to turn the key to the "ON" position, without starting the truck, disconnect the OBDII cable from below the dash, and then reconnect. If the PCM's calibration (HEX) code displays, the Error 150 problem should be resolved. But, this will not help you start your engine. I think you've got some other problem there, and I'm not really very knowledgeable about diesels.

- Jack

Old 08-30-2020, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
charcharwhite - The Edge cannot be causing your problem, since it functions simply as a monitor once you have programed the PCM in your truck. I think, if the starter doesn't turn over, you've got a mechanical problem with your truck. The fact that the Edge is showing Error 150 tells me it's seeing low voltage from the battery. You can disconnect the Edge from the OBD port so that message won't bother you.

If you really want to leave the Edge installed, you need to turn the key to the "ON" position, without starting the truck, disconnect the OBDII cable from below the dash, and then reconnect. If the PCM's calibration (HEX) code displays, the Error 150 problem should be resolved. But, this will not help you start your engine. I think you've got some other problem there, and I'm not really very knowledgeable about diesels.

- Jack
Thank you. I replaced both batteries because they tested weak. When my truck lost power going down interstate it instantly started making a clicking noise. That noise is coming from the relay switches, particularly the fuel pump relay I believe. When I pull the relay and turn the key to on the noise stops. When I put another relay in( not sure if it was good) it clicks still. I need to know if my truck should start without fixing error code. The edge evo said it was deleting files when I first plugged it back up .

Old 08-30-2020, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet

- Jack
also the truck turns over real good. It asks as if it’s something stopping it from firing or getting fuel

Old 08-30-2020, 10:46 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Well, it's a diesel. If it's getting fuel it will fire.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Well, it's a diesel. If it's getting fuel it will fire.
it turns over real good, but just won’t start

Old 09-02-2020, 12:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Sounds like it's not getting fuel then. I'll repeat what I said earlier, the Edge WILL NOT corrupt the program in the PCM as long as it's just "sitting there". Now, if you tried to change the tune, perhaps "on the fly", it may have corrupted the tune if there was a communications problem during that process. However, you made no mention of an attempt to alter the tune, so I did not consider that in your first post.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Edge Error Code