Gryphon users! Am I screwed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grizzstang
I picked up my Gryphon from the post office last night and will be installing it on the weekend.

As a side note to PHP when you send a unit back to a customer for warranty work or whatever it should be sent back through USPS as "Returned Goods" or a least "Gift" or the Canadian government thinks it is a new programmer and charges all applicable taxes on the unit. In my case another 5% (or 20 bucks) tax on a unit I have already paid for. The only thing I could have done on my end since it was shipped incorrectly would be to refuse the package and have it sent back to you at your expense. I did not.
Actually if you still have your original receipt you just send a copy to customs and they mail you your $$ back done it many times and real easy when the packages get mislabled.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bigmoss
Actually if you still have your original receipt you just send a copy to customs and they mail you your $$ back done it many times and real easy when the packages get mislabled.
Good to know. Of course the girl at the post office never mentioned this. I think I still have the original receipt somewhere. Thanks.

Last edited by grizzstang; 04-15-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by grizzstang
I picked up my Gryphon from the post office last night and will be installing it on the weekend.

As a side note to PHP when you send a unit back to a customer for warranty work or whatever it should be sent back through USPS as "Returned Goods" or a least "Gift" or the Canadian government thinks it is a new programmer and charges all applicable taxes on the unit. In my case another 5% (or 20 bucks) tax on a unit I have already paid for. The only thing I could have done on my end since it was shipped incorrectly would be to refuse the package and have it sent back to you at your expense. I did not.
Glad you finally got it back!

Old 04-20-2010, 01:52 PM
I installed the Gryphon and loaded my custom tow tune on Saturday. It loaded fine but the display options menu has been changed. It looks like it was geared for a diesel truck with options like Exhaust Gas Temp and Boost. Most of the options can't be read by my truck and the one I wanted the most, Engine Coolent Temp, because of my electric fans was gone altogether along with IMPG and CHT.

I dropped PHP a note on their forum and Bill was working on changing this back.

Has anyone else seen their "display options menu" change after upgrading or installing custom tunes and what would be the reason for that?

Last edited by grizzstang; 04-20-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Well almost another week has passed and this is still not fixed. I don't know why the display options menu was changed as nobody let me in on that secret. I really don't understand why it would have been changed in the first place.

I had to take the Gryphon out of my truck and reset my truck back to stock to download a firmware update that Bill put together. The update would not load and I keep getting errors (that I have noted on PHP's forum) everytime I try. I'm stuck waiting for a response to this problem from Bill. The PHP forum mods have done all they can for me and once again I thank them for their efforts.

I don't see the point of putting the unit back in the truck until it is fixed. I really don't want to reprogram my truck anymore than I have to.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Bill called yesterday and fixed the download so it would work. It turns out that the firmware (I believe I am using the correct term) for the 7.3L diesel was accidentally loaded into my Gryphon when it was in for service. It looks right now and I have display options I can actually use back on my Gryphon. I loaded my tow tune and set it all up last night and everything seems to be working good. It was a long haul to get to this point and I am glad it is done. A final thanks to everyone that helped along the way.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Glad you're finally squared away. I know the delays were frustrating.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Gryphon users! Am I screwed!