Question about the PHP company?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You want a real meal, be prepared to wait while the chef prepares it from scratch, from fresh ingredients, using secret herbs and spices and his "special knowledge", known to no one else.
hey jackandjanet i think you're missing the point here. if you want to put it in your terms... in my case yes i wanted a meal so i paid upfront but the waiter/waitress never bothered to come back to check on me nor did they give me any idea when my food was going to be ready. when i do try and get their attention as they walk by and take orders at nearby tables, i get ignored.

i know this sounds bad but i too am not trying to bash them. just trying to make it clear to some folks. if they're so busy i suggest to slow the new business a little and take care of your existing customers.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 AM
There's a couple problems going on here. (like everything on a forum, this is just my 2 cents) PHP is working their way thru the challenges of a growing company, they may be using communication systems, be it phone, email, internet, etc that aren't always up to the level of performance they or their customers would like and with their growth it's possible an added employee could help.

Remember, in the end, all that matters is will you be happy with the Gryphon and possibly some custom tuning. I'm confident you will be. And this is from a PHP customer who encountered a number of issues thru the order filling process.

Last edited by svt2205; 08-08-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Not to knock them but i sent a few emails to both corey and grovvy chick and still havent got a response, but anyways i joined their fourm and (Jack and Janet) and a few other members have answered every single question in detail, that i have had. They have quite a few post and have been around for a while so i figure as long as im getting the info from somebody im good, but that is just me and my .2

Old 09-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

ITS HERE ITS HERE! And all I can say is WOW! I am at work so I only had the chance to drive it around the block. I ordered a 87 tow and performance. Put it on the performance and it far exceeded my expectations!!! In fact I think it is even better than the 93 performance that comes on the Edge? The truck actually barked the tires slightly from a standing start! Considering my truck is 4x4 crew, 305/50/20 tires with a fiberglass cover and a hundred pounds or so of tools in the back that is impressive! I am anxious to see if the tow tune does it's job too but based on this quick test I have no complaints! I sent it off on August 6th and got it back today so just over a month turn around which I think is very resonable! Thank you thank you PHP, y'all rock!

Old 09-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by ab46501
ITS HERE ITS HERE! And all I can say is WOW! I am at work so I only had the chance to drive it around the block. I ordered a 87 tow and performance. Put it on the performance and it far exceeded my expectations!!! In fact I think it is even better than the 93 performance that comes on the Edge? The truck actually barked the tires slightly from a standing start! Considering my truck is 4x4 crew, 305/50/20 tires with a fiberglass cover and a hundred pounds or so of tools in the back that is impressive! I am anxious to see if the tow tune does it's job too but based on this quick test I have no complaints! I sent it off on August 6th and got it back today so just over a month turn around which I think is very resonable! Thank you thank you PHP, y'all rock!
People have scoffed at me when I say my 87 Perf tune is better than the canned 93. The shifts are better, the downshifting is much better and the power is just as good or better.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bluejay
People have scoffed at me when I say my 87 Perf tune is better than the canned 93. The shifts are better, the downshifting is much better and the power is just as good or better.
I actually have the canned 93 still on the tuner. That is the one I kept figuring if I ever wanted to really go I would have it. I ran it a few times while I had my edge on, I used the tow tune on as the everday driver, but I don't remember it being that good? I guess I could fill up with 93 and compare but honestly there is no need. In my opinion the PHP 87 performance is better! I can't imagine how good a 91 or 93 performance would be with them?

Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Great! I'm glad you're happy with your tune.

Since I'm a Moderator on PHP's forum too, I get some "behind the scenes" information at times. I know both Bill AND Corey spend far too much time each day on the phones with people having questions. Corey is learning a lot of the answers, but too many times, people want to "speak to the man". Can't blame them exactly, but when does this leave him time to write tunes?

And, he's a consultant for Edge, and they're using a lot of his bandwidth right now too.

I know they absolutely hate the fact they can't be more available to work personally with their customers.

- Jack

Old 09-10-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Great! I'm glad you're happy with your tune.

Since I'm a Moderator on PHP's forum too, I get some "behind the scenes" information at times. I know both Bill AND Corey spend far too much time each day on the phones with people having questions. Corey is learning a lot of the answers, but too many times, people want to "speak to the man". Can't blame them exactly, but when does this leave him time to write tunes?

And, he's a consultant for Edge, and they're using a lot of his bandwidth right now too.

I know they absolutely hate the fact they can't be more available to work personally with their customers.

- Jack
Yeah my only suggestion to them would be to hire someone to answer phones and maybe keep the chat up on their site. I had actually called last week to check on my order. I had received an email about two weeks ago saying it was shipping out. I had got worried after about ten days and called. Bill answered the phone. He was real nice and explained they had had a delay and that it would be out soon. That was great but I did think why is he answering the phone and not tuning? A secretary could have looked up my info and told me what he did. If they had one it would free him and Corey up to take care of the real business. Just isn't right to have the head honcho/talent doing the minimum wage work! And what great work they do!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by ab46501
Yeah my only suggestion to them would be to hire someone to answer phones and maybe keep the chat up on their site. I had actually called last week to check on my order. I had received an email about two weeks ago saying it was shipping out. I had got worried after about ten days and called. Bill answered the phone. He was real nice and explained they had had a delay and that it would be out soon. That was great but I did think why is he answering the phone and not tuning? A secretary could have looked up my info and told me what he did. If they had one it would free him and Corey up to take care of the real business. Just isn't right to have the head honcho/talent doing the minimum wage work! And what great work they do!
Corey would have normally answered the phone. She's had some serious health issues lately that have put her out of commission. In addition, they don't have "health insurance", being self-employed, so those health issues are eating up their money. I doubt Bill could afford a "secretary". And, Corey does much more than just look up invoices. She also has learned enough from Bill that she can answer some fairly serious technical questions. Bill can't easily replace her level of expertise.

- Jack

Old 09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Well I can't wait to do the rest of my mods so I can send my edge to php. It is worth wait and even though it takes a bit you have peace of mind your tune is being made for your truck and not pulled off a shelf. I like small buisinesses who take time and get it right.

Quick Reply: Question about the PHP company?