Question about the PHP company?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about the PHP company?

I have my Edge for a month or two now and really like. It had always been my intention to upgrade to a Gryphon at some point. I've read many of the post of Gryphon owners and how they say the tunes are great and that the folks over a PHP are good to deal with. I'm really not trying to make a complaint here so don't read this the wrong way. I have even joined the PHP forum looking for answers. Most of which I have been able to find out. Of course the answer were not always directly from PHP so I just hope I got all the info correct. Anyway I have emailed a couple of months ago and even PM'd Groovy Chick over in the PHP forum about a week ago. I see other post they make on their forum and in here recently and it makes me wonder why I cannot get a response? I understand they are busy. I am just wondering if this is typical of what others have experienced with them? Should I keep trying to get questions answered or just send my Edge in and hope for the best? At this point I really would just like to know what the turn around time is? I am not sure if I can live with no tunes at all for three plus months?

Old 08-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by ab46501
I have my Edge for a month or two now and really like. It had always been my intention to upgrade to a Gryphon at some point. I've read many of the post of Gryphon owners and how they say the tunes are great and that the folks over a PHP are good to deal with. I'm really not trying to make a complaint here so don't read this the wrong way. I have even joined the PHP forum looking for answers. Most of which I have been able to find out. Of course the answer were not always directly from PHP so I just hope I got all the info correct. Anyway I have emailed a couple of months ago and even PM'd Groovy Chick over in the PHP forum about a week ago. I see other post they make on their forum and in here recently and it makes me wonder why I cannot get a response? I understand they are busy. I am just wondering if this is typical of what others have experienced with them? Should I keep trying to get questions answered or just send my Edge in and hope for the best? At this point I really would just like to know what the turn around time is? I am not sure if I can live with no tunes at all for three plus months?
I seem to recall someone getting the tuned Gryphon conversion back in about three weeks recently.

I suspect Corey is just too swamped with emails and PMs to be able to respond to all of them. Heck, she ignores some of mine and I'm a moderator on that forum! (Although maybe it's just a measure of the worth of what I send to her!) :o

- Jack

Old 08-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Corey has responded to e-mails from me in one or two days, including over weekends. I placed an order on Thursday or Friday and it was acnowledged on Monday and ready for shipment on Wednesday.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Maybe it is just normal. I have sent numerous emails to both Corey and Bill over the last few months about an issue that I have had with my Gryphon from the beginning and still haven't gotten a reply from them.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 PM
I had my Edge programmed into a Gryphon a while ago without problems. I had a question on the form and simply PM'd Corey on the PHP forum and received an answer a day or two later. If you're concerned with wait time, the sooner you get it to them, the sooner you'll get it back.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
My first question concerning any of these companies would be.. why are they so busy all the time–swamped with emails, etc.? I mean, it ain't like they're selling millions of these things, so why is it so hard to keep up with inquiries?

If I spent $400-500 on a programmer, I'd expect some pretty darn quick service/response.

I've seen a lot of this kind of post in many forums, so I can't help but wonder a bit.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 PM
I understand the waiting with PHP, there is only 2 people behind the scenes and one of them is the programmer.

Trending Topics

Old 08-05-2009, 10:00 PM
i purchased a gryphon back in july and got confirmation that my HEX# was recieved on the 20th. i saw a post that their turn around will be 2 weeks starting in august but i havent gotten mine yet. i sent 3 emails to both bill and corey and got no response. i have seen activity form them online tho so im wondering if they're being selective on what/who they reply to?

it's kinda frustrating...

Old 08-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Carlsson3
My first question concerning any of these companies would be.. why are they so busy all the time–swamped with emails, etc.? I mean, it ain't like they're selling millions of these things, so why is it so hard to keep up with inquiries?

If I spent $400-500 on a programmer, I'd expect some pretty darn quick service/response.

I've seen a lot of this kind of post in many forums, so I can't help but wonder a bit.
The "why" is because Bill is so popular and in demand for services other than just writing tunes for gas-powered vehicles.

Go to their website and you'll see what he's involved in.

- Jack

Old 08-05-2009, 11:05 PM
From my experience with PHP the communication issues you describe are absolutely Not typical.

Give em a phone call, look on their site for office hours.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by sanhozeezee
i purchased a gryphon back in july and got confirmation that my HEX# was recieved on the 20th. i saw a post that their turn around will be 2 weeks starting in august but i havent gotten mine yet. i sent 3 emails to both bill and corey and got no response. i have seen activity form them online tho so im wondering if they're being selective on what/who they reply to?

it's kinda frustrating...
They're not selective - they don't work that way (unless you're a member of the Armed Forces who is about to deploy - does that describe you)?

Now, what is your invoice number? There've been several members who have had their tunes written but didn't know it because their spam filters blocked the email notifications! And, some don't know how to check their PMs on PHP's forum - are you a member of that forum?

And finally, who is your email provider? If it's "hotmail", more and more ISPs are considering you a spammer just because you use the "freebie". If you are classified as a spammer, these ISPs will not deliver your message and they will not send a "bounce" back to you.

- Jack

Old 08-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to remember these people run a full time business and writing tunes takes time. We are not the only website or place that knows of PHP products. Same with with VMP and Troyer, the run a full time shop and almost write custom tunes on the side. Just be patient! I know it sucks, I cant wait for new go fast parts but its life.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 AM
They're not selective - they don't work that way (unless you're a member of the Armed Forces who is about to deploy - does that describe you)?

Now, what is your invoice number? There've been several members who have had their tunes written but didn't know it because their spam filters blocked the email notifications! And, some don't know how to check their PMs on PHP's forum - are you a member of that forum?

And finally, who is your email provider? If it's "hotmail", more and more ISPs are considering you a spammer just because you use the "freebie". If you are classified as a spammer, these ISPs will not deliver your message and they will not send a "bounce" back to you.
my invoice# is 1967 and order was placed on 7/12. i recieved the gryphon on the 20th (8 days), sent the HEX# on the same day and got a confirmation from corey on the 20th.

i guess my frustration is from the emails i have sent (not so much "where are my tunes") but have not been answered. meanwhile there are tons of posts from bill and corey on this website as well as theirs. dont get me wrong, im not trying to bash them. im just ready to go fast.

yes, im a member of their site.

Last edited by sanhozeezee; 08-06-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't recieved any replies. You aren't alone. I haven't had luck with the phone lines either. I'm just gonna send my Edge off tomorrow and hope I did everything right. Hopefully my tunes will be correct. I've been ready to send my Edge off since May, I just wanted to some more info about what I was ordering.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Thanks for the input guys! Good to know it is not just me. I realize I may be a lower priority since I only want an upgrade? The problem is I have seen conflicting info in places and not sure which is corrrect. I thought from reading in forums that they prefer not to get calls? Saw where they turn the phones off for a week. But I may try that? Sounds like they need to hire someone to handle the phones and other basic stuff? My questions are basic and could probably be answered by the hired help. It is just hard to up and ship a $300 Edge off to someone on blind faith!

Quick Reply: Question about the PHP company?