Question about the PHP company?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ab46501
Thanks for the input guys! Good to know it is not just me. I realize I may be a lower priority since I only want an upgrade? The problem is I have seen conflicting info in places and not sure which is corrrect. I thought from reading in forums that they prefer not to get calls? Saw where they turn the phones off for a week. But I may try that? Sounds like they need to hire someone to handle the phones and other basic stuff? My questions are basic and could probably be answered by the hired help. It is just hard to up and ship a $300 Edge off to someone on blind faith!
I know what you mean. I just wanted conformation to make sure I do everything right. Double check on turn around times. Probably a 3 minute call, or a 1 paragraph response to the emails and PM's I sent. Would have been nice.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rednoved
I know what you mean. I just wanted conformation to make sure I do everything right. Double check on turn around times. Probably a 3 minute call, or a 1 paragraph response to the emails and PM's I sent. Would have been nice.
Yeah that is exactly what I think too!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by Carlsson3
My first question concerning any of these companies would be.. why are they so busy all the time–swamped with emails, etc.? I mean, it ain't like they're selling millions of these things, so why is it so hard to keep up with inquiries?

If I spent $400-500 on a programmer, I'd expect some pretty darn quick service/response.

I've seen a lot of this kind of post in many forums, so I can't help but wonder a bit.
The reputable tuners are swamped all of the time!! They are on the dyno, writing tunes, responding to email, placing orders, filling orders, etc. They do this for a living, it's not just some hobby. If they weren't busy, do you think they'd still be in business? I'm not saying you should be waiting months to get a programmer but I think up to a month is pretty fair.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Yeah I feel ya I sent Corey a PM a month ago asking about some basic stuff and now im very close to sending it to them for the custom tune on my edge and now I cant get them to respond to my emails i sent last week? I just want some reinsurrance that mine will be tuned when they get it and not sit on a shelf for 3 weeks before they get to it. I want that tune BAADD tho thers a hemi that keeps runnin his mouth that needs to get put in his place.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
^^^ bring said "hemi" to my place, we'l let him have a crack at a stock F-150 then I'll bring the green truck out and show 'em what's really going on...

Old 08-06-2009, 03:01 PM

Well? It figures as soon as I start to whine over here I would get an answer back from PHP. Just got a PM over on their forum from Groovy Chick and she tells me that at the moment I would be looking at about a two to three week turn around. Which to me seems resonable so maybe I will go ahead and do it? Of course if I could have got that answer back when I started trying to find out I would have it back by now and..............

Old 08-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Well? It figures as soon as I start to whine over here I would get an answer back from PHP. Just got a PM over on their forum from Groovy Chick and she tells me that at the moment I would be looking at about a two to three week turn around. Which to me seems resonable so maybe I will go ahead and do it? Of course if I could have got that answer back when I started trying to find out I would have it back by now and..............
I sent mine off earlier, it should get to them by Monday. It's hard to think about the turn around time when I was ready to send it to them in May.

At least you got a reply though. Thats always nice.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:31 PM

Yeah it made me feel a bit better so I sent mine off too. Should be there Monday also! So if you when you get yours back post and I will do the same. We should be right near each other in line.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Yeah it made me feel a bit better so I sent mine off too. Should be there Monday also! So if you when you get yours back post and I will do the same. We should be right near each other in line.
Will do. I hope im in front on the list.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by rednoved
Will do. I hope im in front on the list.
My mailman looked real fast

Old 08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Just a comment here. I think it applies to Mike Troyer at Troyer Performance as well as Bill Cohron at Power Hungry Performance. PHP gets orders for 30-40 Gryphons per month. Bill spends roughly 3 hours on each tune, in addition to handling business from firms he does consulting with and working on the telephone with clients who are having problems.

Corey asked him once, "Can't you just use the same tune for several people if they have similar trucks?" She said he looked at her as if she were crazy and said, "But then they wouldn't be Custom Tunes!"

I think that kind of sums up the philosophy of the superb tuners. You want to eat, go to Micky D's. You want a real meal, be prepared to wait while the chef prepares it from scratch, from fresh ingredients, using secret herbs and spices and his "special knowledge", known to no one else.

- Jack

Old 08-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Just a comment here. I think it applies to Mike Troyer at Troyer Performance as well as Bill Cohron at Power Hungry Performance. PHP gets orders for 30-40 Gryphons per month. Bill spends roughly 3 hours on each tune, in addition to handling business from firms he does consulting with and working on the telephone with clients who are having problems.

Corey asked him once, "Can't you just use the same tune for several people if they have similar trucks?" She said he looked at her as if she were crazy and said, "But then they wouldn't be Custom Tunes!"

I think that kind of sums up the philosophy of the superb tuners. You want to eat, go to Micky D's. You want a real meal, be prepared to wait while the chef prepares it from scratch, from fresh ingredients, using secret herbs and spices and his "special knowledge", known to no one else.

- Jack

No problem waiting for quality food. But you can you truly argue you don't get upset when the waitress never comes to take your order?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:23 PM

Yeah that they work hard I am sure Jack. I understand that but I wasn't asking to see the chef. Only wanted to make a reservation.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:28 PM

I will just say again that I never meant this thread as a put down of any kind on PHP. I was just trying to see if others were experiencing the same problem I was and if anyone had any suggestion or knowledge that could help.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I also am not putting PHP down. I can't wait for their service and products.

Quick Reply: Question about the PHP company?