Programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programmer?

So i am pretty close to finishing up the HD supercharger conversion on my 2000 expedition and i havent gotten a custom tune and tuner yet. I was looking to Troyer to get their SCT 2 with custom tunes but they said it would take 8-10 weeks for me to get it. I didnt know if this is normal, but if not, do any of you have good reccomendations for places to go where i can get a good custom tune in a shorter amount of time? Thanks for any help

Old 05-19-2009, 04:38 PM
superchips 1715 offers a hp4 program that allows you to use the 4lb pulley for more boost and also allows you to tune the tranny to reall get the booger off the line(as if it needs anymore help lol)

Old 05-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Troyer and PHP have a lot of experience with super charger tunes. In fact, I doubt anyone has more experience than Troyer. I would wait on his if it were me.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:39 PM
www.VMPTuning.com

Justin just did mine and it only took a couple of weeks. The truck is a whole new beast !!

Old 05-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by FordRacer2005
www.VMPTuning.com

Justin just did mine and it only took a couple of weeks. The truck is a whole new beast !!
Do you have a super charger? I have heard lots of good things about Justin's tunes, and when there is a problem, he gets on it and corrects it, but I have never heard if he has much SC experience.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Global Moderator &

At one point, and may still be, Troyer was under contract with Roush to do their SC tunes. Bill at PHP has tuned SC engines for years.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Do you have a super charger? I have heard lots of good things about Justin's tunes, and when there is a problem, he gets on it and corrects it, but I have never heard if he has much SC experience.
I don't have a supercharger. I've only got bolt ons. Although, Justin used to work for SCT as a programmer to develop their tunes so I'd imagine he has plenty of experience with everything. I saw some posts about him tuning a guy named Jan that used to be on here that had a Magnacharger on his FX2, I think, and he had amazing results. If you look at the website there is a section of dyno results with tons of results, too.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I'd say if you're desiring tunes from Troyer then its worth the wait, but VMP Tuning does some great work in my opinion, and gets back to you almost instantly(atleast my attempts to contact Justin have always proved successful). He shipped my tuner out the next day and it was here 2 days later, and my tunes were followed up a day later after I retrieved my HEX code.

Competition is great, and at the end of the day I think it comes down to preference, and Justin @ VMP Tuning has earned my business with great customer service.

Just thought I'd share my experience, so you have another view.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey thanks for all the advice...i think i will contact VMP as it sounds like a pretty reliable source...the other company i had a question about was Runnin With The Devil Performance, as that is who Mike from Mad Enterprise (who i bought the conversion kit from) reccomended me too. Thanks again though...and i'll let you know how everything goes once the build is done

Old 05-19-2009, 11:45 PM
from what i have heard, justin does ALOT of mustangs, supercharged mustangs so at least he is working with modulars but i'm not sure how many trucks he's done. still mike and bill will make you proud!

Quick Reply: Programmer?