Programmer as a first mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack is being very humble by directing you to the Gott's Mod thread, but I'm taking it upon myself to direct you to another thread with FABULOUS intake mods (with pictures!) done by our very own JackandJanet (as well as some others)!

Click on this link for more information about intake mods.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
It wasn't that I was being "humble", exactly, it was just that I noticed he had an 03, and I think the filter on them is out near the fender wall instead of up near the throttle body like on mine.

Regardless, I think this mod is a great way to get all the benefits of a CAI at very little cost with NO bad side effects (like running lean).

- Jack

Old 02-11-2009, 12:51 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
Jack is being very humble by directing you to the Gott's Mod thread, but I'm taking it upon myself to direct you to another thread with FABULOUS intake mods (with pictures!) done by our very own JackandJanet (as well as some others)
nice try groovy chick but JackandJanet's thread was for a 3 valve 5.4, the OP has a 2 valve 4.6 the link to the "gotts intake mod" write up is exactly what he needs due to his trucks configuration

Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
nice try groovy chick but JackandJanet's thread was for a 3 valve 5.4, the OP has a 2 valve 4.6 the link to the "gotts intake mod" write up is exactly what he needs due to his trucks configuration
Just like a woman, huh?

Old 02-11-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Just like a woman, huh?

at least she wasn't starting an argument like so many people are on here lately and she was trying to help the best way she could and now we know who did the mod on the 3 valve 5.4's

we now have the modular trucks covered with cheap intake modifications thanks to JackandJanet and Gotts2BMe

Old 02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame

at least she wasn't starting an argument like so many people are on here lately and she was trying to help the best way she could and now we know who did the mod on the 3 valve 5.4's

we now have the modular trucks covered with cheap intake modifications thanks to JackandJanet and Gotts2BMe
Actually, tarajerame, there were more than me who did this mod. kd4crs seems to have been the first and, was evidently scorned by most everyone in the forum he first posted it on. Then, AgentOrange did something completely different that gives somewhat of a "ram" effect. Mark_123 found some rubber flex tubing and did it very similar to mine (but his looks nicer).

In point of fact, I simply used the information you and Gotts2BeMe posted and adapted it to my model year engine and truck. So, thank you!

- Jack

Quick Reply: Programmer as a first mod?